What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Tanno is asking for this to be patched

Just going to say it man, this is one of the happy acidents we Jin mains get to have, do you know CH4 into b21 is super inconsistent and there is some MU he struggles because he doesn't have no other way to hit them but doing d2 or ff4?

This changes everything, its still not going to catch everyone in the cast, is super dificult to do, but at least it also works in a good chunk of chars CH4 b21, doesn't work, like Kazuya, Law, Hwoarang, Akuma.

If this gets removed i suggest CH4 b21 to work on everyone no exception.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I'm asking for this to get patched, because not only it's glitchy, but, also, it has the potential to have infinite restand combo.

I just played some Ranked....

Ok.. ok. I get it now. I get it.

I also think Steve is probably broken at the lowest level. B1 just.. wins. I kept missing my pickups, and I honestly dont understand why, cause I was on point timing wise, maybe just the online lagg thing.

So, I was getting kinda bodied cause I dont know fuck all about whats happening in terms of strings and identifying visually. Guy kept using some armored kick thing as Jin, and Rage art (I lost the entire first game, all three rounds, to dropping the round winning combo, into having my followup rage-arted, lol), but I adjusted, started playing back a little bit and letting him START to come to me, then Id step in as he got closer and start my offense. Now, luckily he never thought to duck.. Ever... So I was just hammering away with my fast ass highs that leave me pretty even OB, then, like clockwork, He'd block a string, eat a hit or two, block a string, then get antsy and stick out a button, so I'd follow with B1. Get the CH, fail to combo. And repeat the process until he was dead. lol. Id stick out lows to catch him stepping in occasionally, but he never ducked - ever. I played a little more patiently around his RA (maybe its drive? I forget.. Itrs the canned combo) and started to use my movement as Steve, the side steps and such, and by the later games (we played for a bit) I was connecting combos, though I still wasnt picking up B1 CHs for some reason. Maybe nerves and I was using the wrong move.. Dunno.. and once that happened I was pretty much just washing the rounds out. My usual execution issues meant that I kept back jumnping occasionally, and by the last two games, these accidental back jumps were literally his only offense. I got promoted to 8th something or other.

That was.. more fun than I expected. The guy wasn't adapting AT ALL, he was just DOING THE STUFF HARDER that he did in the first round of the first game, but he was trying to play the game, which was nice. And by that I mean he wasnt mindlessly mashing, he was trying to move and space and like me, had a poverty backdash cancel lol.

I dunno.. Dont misunderstand me, Im not packing my bags to go take on Knee or anything, but that just felt good.. I was able to react to a couple low attempts (though I failed miserably at punishing them), adapt around a player who had more games than me, He was some other rank than Dan and his profile had the little pips filled up (Ive played three or four people, one match each prior to this and three were unplayably laggy) and actually make decisions.

I think I understand the Ranked nature of Tekken, at least for the main playerbase, I guess the point is that fast adaptation, what they will let you get away with, what you wont let them get away with, and all that. It makes more sense now.
Tiers don’t exist in lower ranks. Damn near everything is broken since no one is creating space, whiff punishing, or blocking. If you don’t know what you’re fighting against then yea everything is gonna look broke

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

Just going to say it man, this is one of the happy acidents we Jin mains get to have, do you know CH4 into b21 is super inconsistent and there is some MU he struggles because he doesn't have no other way to hit them but doing d2 or ff4?

This changes everything, its still not going to catch everyone in the cast, is super dificult to do, but at least it also works in a good chunk of chars CH4 b21, doesn't work, like Kazuya, Law, Hwoarang, Akuma.

I'm asking for this to get patched, because not only it's glitchy, but, also, it has the potential to have infinite restand combo.
i dont see an opportunity for an infinite from this. Yeah its a janked hitbox but not game breaking from the video shown.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Tiers don’t exist in lower ranks. Damn near everything is broken since no one is creating space, whiff punishing, or blocking. If you don’t know what you’re fighting against then yea everything is gonna look broke
It was a joke.

and that was my point, no one knows what it is or what they are doing and I have this instant 70 damage button that stops mashed offense (all us shitty players know to do in the first place) and im armed with the very rudimentary understanding that I need to back up and move around, where as all they do is charge forward, or back up but only to charge forward again.. where as I'm just sitting back (trying too, my poverty back dash cancels don't work well yet and sometimes I just get bullrushed back to point blank lol) and looking to bait something I can whiff punish with my df1+2 or space out for a couple of my other moves, and occasionally look for a wr2... But most importantly, find something they are doing that's negative or slow, and using b1 to kill them to death. I played another Jin this morning and like after 2 matches I was bored, he just kept doing the exact same stuff, etc, and it was losing him every round BADLY, so I decided.ok last one.. and I just stood there, point blank in his face for three rounds, literally mashing b1 as fast as I could and picking up.the chs when I didn't fumble.it (still do about 30% of the time). No moving or blocking or anything but holding back and hitting 1 as fast as.i could. I'm still won that set, but it did.go to the last round. Lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Its not a restand, 2, 4 just has a much bigger hitbox that if a microstep is added after CH 4 it hits them before they are considered lie down.

Besides Jin can't perform infinite restands its impossible, tekken screw system has a trigger that disables after use and it will only be active again after a certain time is passed.

EntropicByDesign

Played s little last night.. fought a Drag and a Devil Jin.. I almost did ok vs the Drag in the first couple matches, then he realized he didn't have to respect me cause I'm bad and didn't know wtf was happening lol. Drag's high/low game tore me to pieces. The Devil Jin just came out swinging and shit all over me from the get-go lol

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I need to rant. Its... Dude I'm pissed. It's 2017. 20 gawddamn 17 Going into 2018 and I still can't believe on a advanced console or PC we still have zero options to refuse Wi-Fi.

Yes I'm talking about a 1st world problem as I would label a post like this but dammit man I need to rant. We've all said it at one time or another. Fucking Wi-Fi. There needs to be a system feature to banish bad connections and wifi.

Now I'm not talking about stupid faded lil icons to display the next fool who has North Korean Wi-Fi. No I'm talking about a feature. A feature in PC & consoles to COMPLETELY disable any wifi connections you might meet in online. Period.

Even if it simply a bad connection issue have it so that if you ping. Is "stable" or great quality to play with and be matched up/other connections the feature should not allow anyone with subpar, matrix cat copying, burger king wifi or connections that can literally freeze the gameplay down to the point you and take a break and make a sandwich. In a 4 bar connections!!!! Nah! Oh HELL NAH that shit can not be!!!

Seriously it's time for developers and those who design these consoles to implement something to at least completely turn off bad connections and wifi users in online gaming. I do understand that most gamers aren't through the wire but hell I am and I don't give a shit about others and I pay a fortune for mine and I have a decent enough connection. But it's not enough.

I do believe that Sony, Microsoft and whatever things for pc's should have a feature to completely annex any wifi users or bad connections within some sort of control or connections.

I'm sorry. Well not really. But I had to rant because it's 2017. We are about to have self driving cars soon. We have advanced cell phones and electronics, Vr n shit and we can't have a feature like this in gaming? Not just Tekken I'm taking about. Gaming.

I'm over playing dudes in 4 bar connections that have +9000 ping. Just over it.

Rant done.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I would REALLY love a training partner in this game. I mean, I'm an Eddy Gordo main
I need to rant. Its... Dude I'm pissed. It's 2017. 20 gawddamn 17 Going into 2018 and I still can't believe on a advanced console or PC we still have zero options to refuse Wi-Fi.

Yes I'm talking about a 1st world problem as I would label a post like this but dammit man I need to rant. We've all said it at one time or another. Fucking Wi-Fi. There needs to be a system feature to banish bad connections and wifi.

Now I'm not talking about stupid faded lil icons to display the next fool who has North Korean Wi-Fi. No I'm talking about a feature. A feature in PC & consoles to COMPLETELY disable any wifi connections you might meet in online. Period.

Even if it simply a bad connection issue have it so that if you ping. Is "stable" or great quality to play with and be matched up/other connections the feature should not allow anyone with subpar, matrix cat copying, burger king wifi or connections that can literally freeze the gameplay down to the point you and take a break and make a sandwich. In a 4 bar connections!!!! Nah! Oh HELL NAH that shit can not be!!!

Seriously it's time for developers and those who design these consoles to implement something to at least completely turn off bad connections and wifi users in online gaming. I do understand that most gamers aren't through the wire but hell I am and I don't give a shit about others and I pay a fortune for mine and I have a decent enough connection. But it's not enough.

I do believe that Sony, Microsoft and whatever things for pc's should have a feature to completely annex any wifi users or bad connections within some sort of control or connections.

I'm sorry. Well not really. But I had to rant because it's 2017. We are about to have self driving cars soon. We have advanced cell phones and electronics, Vr n shit and we can't have a feature like this in gaming? Not just Tekken I'm taking about. Gaming.

I'm over playing dudes in 4 bar connections that have +9000 ping. Just over it.

Rant done.
I feel u man. Hell, i realized how bad wifi is gaming. This site opened my eyes to it, and now i see why sometimes some of my matches are shitty, even with 4 bars against another opponent. That's why i try to find matches with 5 bars ONLY but daaaaaaaamn, its so hard to find a match with perfect connection!

Israel

Noob

Yea that needs to be patched. Jin getting a d2 after ch b4 is all he needs. Anything more added to the properties of that ridiculous move will just make him too strong

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yea that needs to be patched. Jin getting a d2 after ch b4 is all he needs. Anything more added to the properties of that ridiculous move will just make him too strong
not really

Remember Jin is not a regular character, he doesn't have a super threatning tool, and don't think by the slightest that this is super easy to do, there is a super high chance you won't even see this being pulled off in matches.

EntropicByDesign

I need to find a training partner on PC. A large part of me is genuinely wanting to dig in to Tekken and take it more seriously. I've had huge fun on Steve and Im slowly getting comfortable enough with Bryan's basic routes to take him online.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I need to find a training partner on PC. A large part of me is genuinely wanting to dig in to Tekken and take it more seriously. I've had huge fun on Steve and Im slowly getting comfortable enough with Bryan's basic routes to take him online.
I have had a 3 bar connection to East Coast US at best but any more to the west and it's 1-2. In terms of actual matches it would hardly be an accurate representation of the game but I could show you some stuff as Bryan and talk you through some things and answer any questions you might have.

EntropicByDesign

We can give it a shot sometime, worse case scenario is it's too laggy - at least we tried.

I took Bryan online last night and man, it felt weird, really awkward compared to Steve for some reason. I only played like three matches vs one guy cause it was late and I was mostly just wanting to get to bed.

EntropicByDesign

Still searching for who i want to main.. this is always something I struggle with. I keep coming back to Steve, but the way my brain works, I have to exhaust/explore all my options or I can never be comfortable with a choice.

I still like Bryan in theory but he's felt awkward when Ive played him, so I dunno yet. His sway makes it harder to BDC too. Looking at Gigas atm.. His tools are so straight forward, and his mixups and mindgames are very direct. It's nice to have that clarity with a character, where you can just say more or less "This is my punish. These are my pokes. This is my main mixup/Ch string - done". His long arms are super nice for a little safety and his 1,2 is super nice to drop and build that spacing back off one of the better 10f punishes in the game. Dunno. He looks bad-ass to. I think the Goliath 'mixup' is a fucking bill though.

Israel

Noob
not really

Remember Jin is not a regular character, he doesn't have a super threatning tool, and don't think by the slightest that this is super easy to do, there is a super high chance you won't even see this being pulled off in matches.
Can you give me an example of a character in the game with a super threatening tool?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Can you give me an example of a character in the game with a super threatening tool?
Any Mishima character lol. But they're complex to use. They're the only characters that can utilize wave dashing to completely mind fuck you. That devil sweep man. That damn DEVIL SWEEP!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Claudio Hop Kick is a clear example of a super threaning tool, the range its huge, the crush its insane, the damage he gets from it is hilariously high, and to make it worse, when he activates the starburts he legitimately becomes an MKX character inside tekken, with a uber plus move that sets up a 50-50 with low/mid options both launchers.

Every character in the game has this one tool that he can abuse as much at certain level of play, moves that are just too good or the best in the game.

Jin doesn't have the best moves in the game, he pretty much all the moves that covers all the moves in the game, but in general his tools are always weaker.

Imagine if Jin's ff3 was just as fast as kazuyas, his hop kick was as ranging as Claudio, he would become super stupid playstyle wise, meaning too freaking strong.

Israel

Noob
Claudio Hop Kick is a clear example of a super threaning tool, the range its huge, the crush its insane, the damage he gets from it is hilariously high, and to make it worse, when he activates the starburts he legitimately becomes an MKX character inside tekken, with a uber plus move that sets up a 50-50 with low/mid options both launchers.

Every character in the game has this one tool that he can abuse as much at certain level of play, moves that are just too good or the best in the game.

Jin doesn't have the best moves in the game, he pretty much all the moves that covers all the moves in the game, but in general his tools are always weaker.

Imagine if Jin's ff3 was just as fast as kazuyas, his hop kick was as ranging as Claudio, he would become super stupid playstyle wise, meaning too freaking strong.
Good point made with claudios hopkick..
But i main kazuya, and i wish i had the same options and speed as jin. Any char with an electric and can use normal speed yet, powerful pokes as well are very good characters. Hence, why Heiachi is THE MAN. And why DJ is a problem too.

Jin is able to abuse f4..f against me. Even if i ss it i dont have a fast mid move to punish him in time , and i cant use electric because he will recover too fast (and is also considered ducking at times). And at any time he can just press 1 (or anything) to interrupt my option to apply offense. I just have to eat that move on block all day but if i were to ss that too much, then here comes the b4, which is fast and recovers almost instantly. Idk y his ff3 isnt -9, but instead its less and even can be continued, cuz its a string.

db4 gives him launch on ch for some reason and his wr3 comes out instantly and is a screw attack.
The best parry in the game and the infamous ff2. Those are just half his options. I dont need to state kazuya's speed or properties on the same moves/inputs cuz we already know they're inferior. Those crazy buffs jin got in the game made him excell even further on the list. Only thing kaz has over him is the ability to punish lows.