What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
It took all night to download. The wife was busy with our month old child.

I had to resort to regulating and decimating online randoms with my Atrocitus in rank and player match.

Went to sleep with a warm glass of Panama jacks.

Woke up to find the Xbox on. Wife gone. House empty and a note that said enjoy Tekken hun were out at my parents.

Play it loud or don't play at all.

That's love right there.

Download complete.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
THE LAB FO TEKKEN 7 IS TOO HYPE!!!! BUTTON HIT CONFIRMS NOW! YOU CAN SEE d,df,f as a true input thus it's tell I g you your inputs are true. I'm on hit box and this is SUPER IMPORTANT!!!!

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
@Evil Canadian stop using Eliza and go to your main!! :mad:
EDIT: I hope this is you, if i remember correctly seeing you on twitch.
Yep thats me. Odd seeing my vid here I didn't shill it here or nothin!

After the smash.gg injustice stuff tonight I will probably make a whole slew of tekken beginner combo vids or something cause I look at the "proper" combos im seein and christ I haven't played a tekken in 10 years that shit is beyond me for now.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
@Evil Canadian stop using Eliza and go to your main!! :mad:
EDIT: I hope this is you, if i remember correctly seeing you on twitch.
There is no mistaking EC.

Him maining Eliza is confusing to me though.

He always plays such visceral characters with a frightfully calm, but violent disposition.

Superman in I2. Clark in KOF. Eliza in Tekken?

If he played For Honor, he would use The Centurion for sure. In Tekken 7, I would think that Claudio would be perfectly fitting.

Last edited:
I'm interested in the long journey, and the experiences that will bring. As I type this, I'm trying not to think of any goals, or end states, or how good I want to eventually be.

I will say that looking at your main character in Injustice 2, and then choosing one in Tekken is quite a difference.

Atrocitus has what? 12 strings, Max?

Leo's movelist in Tag 2 consisted of 91 entries.

NINETY-ONE Different Moves and Combos. That's quite a difference. and "complex" is definitely the word.
Same here, this game looks like one hell of a mountain to climb. I love the different layers to combat and how every character has a way to deal with particular situations and how not spacial awareness about your opponent and the area play a big part in your combos. For sure, particularly since the 2d archetypes don't really transfer well, especially zoners. I believe every character have robust movelist, this game really emphasis reads, execution and knowledge. Just Korean back-dashing is hard lol.

I'm with you in the no goals, I will never be sated with any situation I am but the journey and learning process is what I will admire the most of my time with this phenomenal 3d fighter.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
There is no mistaking EC.

Him maining Eliza is confusing to me though.

He always plays such visceral characters with a frightfully calm, but violent disposition.

Superman in I2. Clark in KOF. Eliza in Tekken?

If he played For Honor, he would use The Centurion for sure. In Tekken 7, I would think that Claudio would be perfectly fitting.
I ain't maining eliza(at least, I don't think so) she just made sense and it was 3 am so I made her vid.

And I did play for honor ya guy remember how I was all up in that threads nuts forever. I just kinda stopped playing once at the highest levels of play everything because so lame :( I hope the patches that came out since helped it out.

Reactions: GAV

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
So is it better off to just stick to ONE character in a game like Tekken?
Coming from Mortal Kombat and Injustice, it's very easy to have pocket characters when you want a different style of play or to cover a match-up better, but I feel Tekken is so intricate and in depth that knowing one character 100% is better than knowing 3 at 50% since most match-ups aren't worse than a 6-4 ?

@Immortal @Sutter Pain @Smoke_Of_Finland @Azarashi Elder @GAV

GAV

Coming from Mortal Kombat and Injustice, it's very easy to have pocket characters when you want a different style of play or to cover a match-up better, but I feel Tekken is so intricate and in depth that knowing one character 100% is better than knowing 3 at 50% since most match-ups aren't worse than a 6-4 ?

Play through everyone's moveset, but stick to one or two characters after that.

GAV

I ain't maining eliza(at least, I don't think so) she just made sense and it was 3 am so I made her vid.

And I did play for honor ya guy remember how I was all up in that threads nuts forever. I just kinda stopped playing once at the highest levels of play everything because so lame :( I hope the patches that came out since helped it out.
Playing Centurion would bring it back. He's like a Spartan can opener.

Immortal

Blind justice....

There is no way you can learn 3 or 4 characters in Tekken 7 in weeks (for some characters even months) to a good degree. Learn 2 at most, going throu all the layers, execution (character dependent obviously) will take quite a lot of time. This is not MK X / Injustice which anybody can pick up easily and be decent after short period of time.

And since this is Tekken, there is really no need to learn 2-3 characters to be honest, most match ups are even or close to it. Again unlike MK X / Injustice 2, here youre playing vs the player mostly not character tools.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.

Play with the cast at first and just have fun until you find someone that clicks with you. Learning the basics can take a bit if you are not used to a 3d fighter so don't worry about a main right away.

As far as I know there is no crazy lopsided matchups in this game so you don't really need a secondary. They just kinda come along when you get bored or burnt out on your main.

Just jump in and have fun its a hard game no doubt but its super rewarding if you stick with it.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Fuck it's all coming back to me and it feels so good.

Kuma is mean in this game so farC absolutely loving him.

Jack-7 feels great too.

I should probably move on to actually learning one of the legit new characters since Gigas(AKA Marduk + T. Ogre + Jack) barely has anything new to be learned.

Katarina is looking mighty nice, might start with her.

Reactions: GAV

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick

When picking up the game it's important to stick with one. Pick whoever you enjoy and who feels intuitive, this is the most important thing. At some point you will dabble with other characters than your initial "main" and you may end up dropping that character altogether, or not. All characters have weaknesses and whether or not you want to stick with your main comes down to you being able to accept their weaknesses because you enjoy their particular strengths more and you have found a way to not let your opponent play into your character's weaknesses.