What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

TRVP6GXD

Noob
Have been thinking of selling injustice 2 to get this game. Have always loved tekken and have awaited 7's arrival in the US. I feel Ill enjoy this alot more than injustice 2 until mk 11 comes out. How's the netcode? I understand matchmaking is a bit spotty right now but when you've had matches, how did the netcode feel?

Have been thinking of selling injustice 2 to get this game. Have always loved tekken and have awaited 7's arrival in the US. I feel Ill enjoy this alot more than injustice 2 until mk 11 comes out. How's the netcode? I understand matchmaking is a bit spotty right now but when you've had matches, how did the netcode feel?
The matches I've gotten have been really good. BTW there's no need to sell injustice 2, just sell your body :cool:

armani

Noob
keep injustice. lol once the meta evolves I think it'll be a fun game to play, despite the matchup issues and borderline broken zoning (at times lol)

TRVP6GXD

Noob
keep injustice. lol once the meta evolves I think it'll be a fun game to play, despite the matchup issues and borderline broken zoning (at times lol)
Thanks but id rather sell injustice to purchase tekken or something else that isnt a pile lol. This game has made me want to give up on nrs but im a mortal kombat fan boy lol. So im just holding out hope for eleven.

If only the would fix the damn matchmaking, I can invite people and that works good but ranked and player matches are fucked, and I got tournament to get me 1 match. :mad:

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
How do I stop pressure? I got tournament to work and I fought a dragnov that was just pressing shit and I kept getting stuffed. I'm playing Leo btw
Dragunov is + on block on running 2 (+5 in TTT2), b1+2 (double hand overhead smash). Also + on last hit of b4,2,1 but you can duck that. Leo doesn't have access to instant generic d4 if I remember (12 frames, tracking, high crushing low) so you kinda need to dick jab or step to escape the jab infinite but you risk getting stepped as well as low crushed or low parried when sticking a dick jab out. Db3 is a strong evasive high hitting launcher though so try doing that if you are getting totally overwhelmed and don't know what to do. With time you'll learn not to abuse it and use safer options more.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
The combo scaling is real. I picked Heihachi and Gigas on Forgotten realm (multiple floor break state) and did EWGF - EWGF - f3 - dash EWGF - d1 (floor break) uf4 (screw) dash bf2,1(w!) into dash in df1,1 - 1+2 (max damage wall ender now) and got 88 points of damage. Bryan gets 89-90 on any wall stage from Jet uppercut if you get the standard max carry juggle into wall ender (jet uppercut - fF4 - dash uf3 or run up db2 - f1 - b3f~qcf2,1(w!) - b3f~ws3, delayed 4.

With wall combos In general it seems imperative that you get a damaging last hit that barely hits the opponent low to the ground and is scaled to 60% damage like the 1+2 on that Heihachi ender or Bryan's 2nd hit of ws3,4 delayed.

2nd hit in any combo needs to do a shitload of damage for 65+ walless combos. Scaling works like this: 100% - 70% - 50% - 40% - 30% and then after that everything is 30% unless you get the last "low to the ground" wall hit that scales to 60%.

Ok.... sooo... wall hit scaling varies quite a bit based on a number of hits and I am not gonna bother knowing all the percentages, but that last hit rule still applies.

All in all I think this new combo system is a vast improvement over the bound system and it ensures similar damage for everyone.

Uuuhmm... Heihachi gets 93 from EWGF - EWGF - f2,3 - bf2,3 - bf2,1(w!) - df1,1 - 1+2 :D, really hard to get that ender on smaller characters, if not impossible and the wall splat is quite low, replacing the df1,1 - 1+2 ender with just db2 does 86 but you need to time it to where the opponents ass is just about to hit or is touching the ground to get the 60% unscaled damage.

FF2 ender instead of db2 does 2 points more damage. Qcf2 and Geta stomp enders might be impossible to do after the bf2,1 splat, but I guess if you are godlike you could run up then input down or up to cancel the negative edge from the dash then do OTGF (f,n,df+1)

Last edited:
(jet uppercut - fF4 - dash uf3 or run up db2 - f1 - b3f~qcf2,1(w!) - b3f~ws3, delayed 4.
Can I get some help with tekken notations? Like why capitalize the second f in "fF4" does that mean it has to be held? I only recently found out what ws and fc meant and didn't even know that was a mechanic in the game. It's ridiculous that a game of this complexity and depth doesn't have a good tutorial

Can I get some help with tekken notations? Like why capitalize the second f in "fF4" does that mean it has to be held? I only recently found out what ws and fc meant and didn't even know that was a mechanic in the game. It's ridiculous that a game of this complexity and depth doesn't have a good tutorial
The capital F does mean hold forward.

@JJvercetti
Did you notice the Paul DF 4 nerf? No longer double-over stuns on CH. Now it just knocks down.
Yeah I did. It does seem like an odd thing to do but I think considering that in TTT2 they made it easier to get out of the stun, it was not really worth doing it anymore. Does it at least wallsplat?

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Tekken Zaibatsu has a huge term glossary and that character pro/con doc has a little one.

But notations are like:
Notation = meaning (symbols in the command list)
lowercase = tap (white arrows)
UPPERCASE = HOLD (Black arrows)
n = neutral (star)
Two letters seperated by a slash (d/b) = diagonals. The lowercase and UPPERCASE rules applies to this too.
Tilde 3~4 = quickly press in succession. [3,4]

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Yes, fF means dash attack and you have to hold the 2nd forward input. "W!" means wallsplat as in wall hit in practice mode. Most wall hits allow for follow-ups. There are plenty of 3rd party resources to search basic info on, like TekkenZaibatsu.com Tekken 7 system guide section for example. TTT2 had a great system guide on AvoidingThePuddle. Takes like 2 hours to read and learn everything there is but some mechanics have been changed. Back rolling is no longer suicide and you can't be rejuggled for attempting to do it for example, which is one of the more important changes.

Can anyone recommend me a decent cheap video card. Im tired of this crappy ps4 version. Im gonna get the steam version but need to upgrade my pc.

Reactions: GAV