What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Yoshi's new cd2 is ridiculous. You can't practically step it or walk it in either direction. The rage drive version launches on normal hit into tailspin. It reaches from one backdash distance away from the starting position, it high crushes, hits mid and launches into tailspin on CH. Only downside is that it's -14 on block. The start-up is around 16-17, my guess is 17. Df1 tracks pretty much fully to his left and has a chunky hitbox, it has a high backfist extension that tracks really well and launches on ch into tailspin, the mid extension is -14 on block but tracks to his right as well, the df1,4 mid mid is more of a punisher. You can step or walk left and commit to a launcher if you read a df1 to blow up both extensions as well as whiff punish the df1, but if the Yoshi player sticks out cd2 at that exact moment you will get CH launched. 1,1 deals more damage than Mishima flash punches. df3,1 is safe on block now. Db2,2 is safe. New df2 needs to be walked if you want to go left. To right, stepping is enough... buuut then there is the df1. 2nd hit of df1+2, 2 is -13 on block. FF2 is safe now.

Cd2 can be used to blow up both the jab infinite and stepping at the same time, because it's a sword attack and has a disjointed hitbox I think it's going to be an excellent tool for interrupting strings as well with very low chance of getting Yoshi Ch'd. Like lets say some Bob is mashing d2,1, b2,2 and df1,2 and coming in with those all the time. you see him whiff the first hit, pull the trigger on the cd2 right away.

Sidewalk left blows up the fF3 on block into Kincho moves except for the 4 which is a homing. I am not sure if the whole stance can be option selected by step or walk left into crouch block, doesn't seem that way. If you step left into block you can launch punish all the mids but you block the homing move and eat the low. Sidestep right into block removes the mix-up as the low whiffs and 2 and 1+2 can be launched.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
So I picked up T7 yesterday, pretty excited to get into this series again since me and my cousins would play T3 and T4 pretty heavily as kids, just button mashing though but still fun. Now that I'm taking a more serious approach to this I was wondering what are the basics that I'll need to get started since the only fighters I've taken seriously since I was a child are MKXL and now I2. I think I've settled on Master Raven as a character to learn for now so yeah any advice on her and the game in general would be appreciated. How do I play this game is basically what I'm asking. I play on a pad too if that's important, I'm too poor to go buy a stick right now.
My best advice is learn to get off the ground in all situations first its kind of a pain with the multitude of different things you can do depending on how you landed. Then have fun with the game man mess around doing shit and get familiar with a 3d game. Bnbs are great to start off with but once you get into a match it means nothing if you cant get up or move around to land those bnbs.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I am glad the netcode is good, have not played many online but every 4 bar has been pretty much perfect for me at least.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I love that you guys hate armoured launchers. It makes me love them even more.

:p

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Adding armored super moves into Tekken was the most ridiculous disgusting noob pandering decision I have ever seen this franchise do.

/Done
I almost never see them land raw.

If you get hit by that shit you really have not be paying attention to the fact that you're fighting someone in rage mode who is certainly looking for gaps to throw that shit out.

---

Gigas has one of the better aspect of True Ogre...

Fishing for counter hits with f1+2, fuck is it satisfying to take off like 35-40% of someone's life bar in one hit with a correct read/bait.

Reactions: GAV

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Adding armored super moves into Tekken was the most ridiculous disgusting noob pandering decision I have ever seen this franchise do.

/Done
Yeah im not a fan. I had a long set against a paul last night and as i figured him out i would forget about it wave dash in just to get hit by a wake up super.... feels bad man
Learn to bait and punish scrubs.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I almost never see them land raw.

If you get hit by that shit you really have not be paying attention to the fact that you're fighting someone in rage mode who is certainly looking for gaps to throw that shit out.

---

Gigas has one of the better aspect of True Ogre...

Fishing for counter hits with f1+2, fuck is it satisfying to take off like 35-40% of someone's life bar in one hit with a correct read/bait.
You're right. I'm not paying attention to rage mode because I've played tens of thousands of matches in Tekken never having to think "I've got them in a great setup at plus frames with many mixup advantages, but the random super might take 40%". Scrubbing out of solid pressure with 40% armored supers is the exact opposite of what I consider skill (see my MKX posts), but everyone is different.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Learn to bait and punish scrubs.
Done it many times, still getting hit by scrubby super when my opponent has like 6% of life left and im like 35% and dying...

Basicaly what im saying im in a winning position, he cant win unless i just throw my controller out of the window and then.... scrubby super happen and im dead.

#feelsbadman

But it is what it is, i need to level up.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
If anyone here is on Steam, add me Mercsin I need people to play with me so I can level up.

Ranked is ass because of how you can see every detail of the opponent. Also it's just 2 games win or lose, wtf is with that.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Thats true, its amazing for the most part. NRS (MK X / Injustice 2) games compared to Tekken 7 in music department are low tier and that's me being nice.
MK9 had good music, MKX had maybe 2 or 3 stages that had good music. Injustice 1 and 2 music is so bland that no music is more notable than it.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
If anyone here is on Steam, add me Mercsin I need people to play with me so I can level up.

Ranked is ass because of how you can see every detail of the opponent. Also it's just 2 games win or lose, wtf is with that.
Add me if you don't mind I am heading to work in a few minutes but I think I am the only US steam player here.

Think my SN: Sutter Pain on steam its a pic with a smoking chick on it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Depends on taste i guess but for me MK9 had mediocre music, MK X subpar and Injustice 2 is total trash in that department. On the other hand Tekken 7 music is great for the most part.
Still trying out Kazumi? I had no interest but messing around with her I like her play much more than I thought I would.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Does Tekken usually have unlisted moves? LC u+2 isn't in her move list. But it's a completely different attack than all her 2 attacks. Sends an airborne opponent spinning but no tailspin.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Still trying out Kazumi? I had no interest but messing around with her I like her play much more than I thought I would.
I actually did play her more yesterday. Still think she's ass and there is no reason whatsoever to pick her over Nina.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Is there a way to reset in practice without the touchpad? Right now I practice on DS4 but play on my Hori pad.