What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Ooh, thanks. Was Saint just playing against opponents with scarier wall games than Jack then?
Or it might just be personal preference. Wall proximity adds an "X-factor", all it takes is a broken throw attempt and there is a position change that can totally change the course of the round. No real need to risk that if you have a healthy lifelead and the clock is running out in your favour.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

waaaahahahah

i really don't care, Jin has B21, F4 and ws4 and all those are super good in FR to convert into super dumb damage, if anyone pick a capo on me, once my movement reaches level 99 they won't be much of a problem lol.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I've got some more noob questions for y'all:
  • How does one chicken a reversal?
  • How does one defend against an ultimate tackle armbar?
  • For certain characters, how does a defender block a punch and immediately counter with an armbar during an ultimate tackle? (As shown here at 7:09)
Is there a resource that has all these general Tekken mechanics?

Last edited:
I've got some more noob questions for y'all:
  • How does one chicken a reversal?
  • How does one defend against an ultimate tackle armbar?
  • For certain characters, how does a defender block a punch and immediately counter with an armbar during an ultimate tackle? (As shown here at 7:09)
Is there a resource that has all these general Tekken mechanics?
Im not 100% sure about the chicken stuff.
To escape an armbar you have to press 1+2,2,2,2,2 (Everyone can do this) escaping leg locks is 1+2,1,1,1,1
Only certain characters can reversal the armbar into an armbar (I know Paul can do this) by pressing 1+2,2,2,2,2,2 when you hit the ground.
For the last point I know Paul can do this and I think Dragunov can as well you have to press 1,1,2 when you hit the ground. You can only do this on right punches.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
You chicken a reversal by buffering the corresponding chicken input for the side of the limb that performed the attack. If you attack with a 1 or 3, you buffer f+1+3. If you attack with a 2 or 4, you buffer f+2+4 immediately after the attack input. As for 1+2 or 3+4 attacks, I don't remember how it works, I think both chicken inputs work but I'd have to check that in practice mode or from some resource.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Im not 100% sure about the chicken stuff.
To escape an armbar you have to press 1+2,2,2,2,2 (Everyone can do this) escaping leg locks is 1+2,1,1,1,1
Only certain characters can reversal the armbar into an armbar (I know Paul can do this) by pressing 1+2,2,2,2,2,2 when you hit the ground.
For the last point I know Paul can do this and I think Dragunov can as well you have to press 1,1,2 when you hit the ground. You can only do this on right punches.
My boy Jin can reversal arm bars too, that kid is a natural.

Only 13 weeks left guys, lets fucking pre-order this shit.

I want to get bodied for a month when the game comes out.

So i don't remember the startup of hop kicks.