What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
She's so unorthodox, people get confused of her strings,so she's quick underrated. Tonight, we LUCKY CHOLE! :)
This is why I play only unorthodox people in Tekken. Lucky Chloe and Eddy are the only unorthodox people I use. Unorthodox = Unpredictable.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Min-maxing my Josie combos and conversions.. trying to make sure Im squeezing the right amounts of damage out of her pickups and desperately trying to get better at modding my combos on the fly to get wall follow-ups.. Cause right now, I fuck myself when I get them to the wall and obviously it should be the opposite...

That said, Josie has really damn good damage. It's not batshit crazy high exactly, but its very consistently strong. Practically anything she has that has a followup leads to 60+ with the average being 63~5, or there-abouts. I finally figured out a practical way to get over 60 out of her damn df2 which was nice. I dunno, it sounds silly but if I get less than 60 damage off a launcher I feel like Im short-changing myself. Now I just need to land this 99 damage wall-less option in a real match for no reason other than to cackle maniacally to myself.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
My buddy introduced me to a program called Plays.TV. You can set it to automatically record your games in good quality and you can set a cap to how much space those videos are gonna take from your hard drive. I think I am gonna upload our sessions to Youtube as private videos from now on so I can have access to them whenever I please and analyze my play in hindsight.

Cole

Noob
hey i know this is fucking random and i chose you at random but ive been on this site for a week and still cant figure out how to start my own thread. Do you have to be a premium user or what? Sorry I know this is annoying and I look like an idiot

EntropicByDesign

Whats the general consensus for master raven?

She's quite strong, but tricky and plays the game in a different way to most other characters. She's technical, with a massive move list and somewhat fiddly, which is what turned me off to her - a lot of her stuff isn't hugely consistent and can be awkward. Her neutral is kind of off.. as she tends to play way back using strings she whiffs on PURPOSE to bait attempts to punish, or engage unexpectedly... This takes pinpoint spacing, but when done right a lot of this stuff recovers crazy fast on whiff, because it's designed too. She plays out of BT stance quite a lot and has a lot of mix options. Many strings/moves can be faked or cancelled or have several different options with extensions

So in general summary she seems to be a risk/reward style character with very unorthodox gameplan that's centered around trickery and fooling your opponent into letting you get away with shit. She's considered very strong, but very complex and fiddly and some pros have said that's why they dont play her or see her played very much.

She's on my personal list of characters to revisit when Im a little better at the game in general.

EntropicByDesign

hey i know this is fucking random and i chose you at random but ive been on this site for a week and still cant figure out how to start my own thread. Do you have to be a premium user or what? Sorry I know this is annoying and I look like an idiot

Go to the forum section you want to make a post in, make sure you're in the forum section itself and not in a post in that forum. So if you're trying to make a thread in the Black Adam forum make sure you're out of the posts and looking at the list of posts.. then near the top should be a red button that says "Post New Thread", if I remember right.. I'm.on mobile right now and there's a red button at the top like that. It might be off to the right or left side.. but it's there, you don't have to be a premium member to make posts.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Tekken 7 ALL DAY trying to work out Ms Lucky Chloe. She's definitely a poker character rather than a punisher. Still figuring out how imma handle this fun beast. Catch me online y'all

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
My hitbox is out of commission. This is bad. Like wtf? I now have time off to seriously sit down and play some serious games and level up a few notches and the fucking thing is dead.

I'm so pissed right now like...

OMG! Raging right now!!!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Alright, I'm pretty excited right now. I just pulled off King's Screwdriver and Rolling Death Cradle chain throws...and in the same match. Took a lot of drilling to even remember the inputs on those and even hitting one was difficult, knowing the opponent is likely looking for it. :)

Do you gain any progress in rank if your opponent ragesquits? I was on a promotion match but I dont know if I got promoted or not.
EDIT: It doesn't.

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

For the PC players or anyone familiar with the game on PC.. how are your loading times? Mine feel excessively long, character select to stage to match, modes, it all feels super slow.

I use an SSD as a boot drive but all my other shit is on a normal 1tb 7200rpm Seagate drive... I might just uninstall it from my regular drive and make room on the SSD... But not all games benefit hugely from SSD's in terms of loading times. Anyone running t7 on one that can give me a general idea on how fast their load tines are or aren't?

EntropicByDesign

Characters I win with: Kat and Steve.

Characters I want to win with and try really hard to win with: Josie and Leo.

I feel good about the Steve wins. Setting up weird rhythms and timings. Catching movement while out maneuvering. Working with his strings and followups and stances.. Its fun and satisfying.

Katarina is super fun but I seem to start winning when I put myself on auto-pilot. When I try and make sense of what Im doing I fall behind. When I mash things into mixups randomly and just kinda.. do shit, I am more successful.

Josie I'm still figuring out. She really has a lot going on and I'm still working on it. Her mixups are SO damn fun, but in low ranks people mash so hard and so constantly you dont get to use them very often. It never pays to use anything except your fastest option, like SWS1. It works, but it's not terribly great for learning/fun purposes. Working out how to use her properly and make use of her CD options and such. She has a lot of really neat ways to sort of build sequences on the fly.

Leo is sort of similar. KNK stance is pointless in mashing messes. Just hit 1 and call it over. When i try to think my way through and build offense and learn and *play* the game, it just devolves. If I bash B+1,4~1 or 2, and I mash it harder, I tend to win.

I know what my issue is though, and some of it is on purpose.. I'm not playing to win - though I am winning more than losing. I'm just trying to *play*, not beat my opponent. I should just stick to one character and grind my way into ranks that make at least a LITTLE more sense.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
since the recent patch t7 won't find me any opponents anymore when I set the search option on 5 bars netcode only
Hmm it works fine with me so far. Have you tried adjusting your MTU size on your ps4? Ever since i did that I barely had any problems connecting, basically.

Tekken 7 ALL DAY trying to work out Ms Lucky Chloe. She's definitely a poker character rather than a punisher. Still figuring out how imma handle this fun beast. Catch me online y'all
Yes she has indeed some fine pokes. But her real strength lies in her mix ups. Some are risky but the amount of damage you are able to pull of is worth it.

If there is anything I can help with lucky let me know :)

No you don't. All you have to do is to find the right section you wanna make a thread in and click on the bottom button that says "post thread". :)

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Can you hit while standing normals while crouch dashing?
you need to hit b+ the desired attack (usually 2 or 1,2 in case of the Mishimas) when you are in the crouchdash state at pretty much the exact same time. Make sure you don't slide from the last df to f or you cancel the crouchdash into standing state before attempting the instant while standing attack.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Hmm it works fine with me so far. Have you tried adjusting your MTU size on your ps4? Ever since i did that I barely had any problems connecting, basically.

Yes she has indeed some fine pokes. But her real strength lies in her mix ups. Some are risky but the amount of damage you are able to pull of is worth it.

If there is anything I can help with lucky let me know :)

No you don't. All you have to do is to find the right section you wanna make a thread in and click on the bottom button that says "post thread". :)
Do you have PS4? I would love a sparring partner :)

Feel free to add me. PSN - JBeezYBabY1