What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I think it might be a green icon, I can't remember, but you can tell in a match any time you see one, the move will trail little white snow-like effects. You'll see a white particle effect around the move, it's the same effect for every character and very very noticeable once you realize what it means. Changing the hit effects and such in customize doesn't change the way it looks, so even when playing someone else you can visually figure out what's homing.

Of course tracking and homing are different, some moves track so well they're practically homing, but there's nothing that denotes this, and knowing what direction a move tracks, and how well is just one of those things that comes from MU knowledge and the lab. God knows I get blown to pieces trying to figure out how/if I can SS different moves lol.

Also just because I feel like in running the risk here.. I'm not trying g to come across like I know everything or like im even good enough to time you advice. You've played a ton more than me and for longer, and when we play you'll probably mop me pretty handily, I'm just trying to pass along some of the info I've dug up through notes and research.
OOOOOH thats considered homing!?! Those moves are the juggle attacks that cause the opponent to spin in the air in a float motion, allowing you follow up with another combo. I dont think those are homing moves lol Unless thats the phrase thats used for em, then another one should be used. I remember now. The Blue coded moves are attacks that catches opponents even when they side step. I think THOSE are the homing moves. The red ones are armored attacks. And Eddy only has one that comes out of the headstand....which i NEVER use lol. Yeah, i think its the blue ones. @villainous monk Can ya approve of this por favor?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
People who abuse mashing 112, 121, etc etc while all up in your face ESPECIALLY when you're up against the wall, that shit is annoying.

I found out his Ss3 is the key to Eddy! His Ss3 is a good ass low poke BUT his Ss4 allows you to move in THEN you can mix up from there because you're in relaxed position. Its so fucking fun making the opponent guess if you're gonna hit low or mid! You can literally just poke them to death while maintaining your space.

Also i found out his UF3 attack can transition to a relaxed stance......HOLY SHIT! Now i got 3 ways to mix-up my opponent. AAAAAAHHHHHH! Im excited even talking it! I wanna go home already and just play online!
It's nothing. His lack isn't the side stepping. He's kind of slow and has moves that hit a lot of low attacks. Every character has a weakness. Eddy's 50/50 is a risky factor that will give you win-win situations. Once they figure out his gameplay it's game over for them.

Speaking of homing, I have risen up to the zoning level with Eddy. Sometimes I do Headstand into F3+4 to cover extra large distance. It's a matter of knowing where to hit. Almost all the chars do have hitbox issues.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It's nothing. His lack isn't the side stepping. He's kind of slow and has moves that hit a lot of low attacks. Every character has a weakness. Eddy's 50/50 is a risky factor that will give you win-win situations. Once they figure out his gameplay it's game over for them.

Speaking of homing, I have risen up to the zoning level with Eddy. Sometimes I do Headstand into F3+4 to cover extra large distance. It's a matter of knowing where to hit. Almost all the chars do have hitbox issues.
F3+4....is that the forward flip lunge attack? I need to see what that looks like.

And yea, ive known that risk since the beginning. Eddy is one of the most HATED character throughout the Tekken series, which is why damn near everybody knows his strings by now. They made his low windmill attack hella risky, that when blocked, its super negative. So they definitely nerfed my Mr Ed, and thats ok. I want to earn my wins by outsmart my opponent, not by bashing a string of buttons over and over again.

We need to play sometime, sir. Its rare that i ever come across another Eddy online.

Tanno

F3+4....is that the forward flip lunge attack? I need to see what that looks like.

And yea, ive known that risk since the beginning. Eddy is one of the most HATED character throughout the Tekken series, which is why damn near everybody knows his strings by now. They made his low windmill attack hella risky, that when blocked, its super negative. So they definitely nerfed my Mr Ed, and thats ok. I want to earn my wins by outsmart my opponent, not by bashing a string of buttons over and over again.

We need to play sometime, sir. Its rare that i ever come across another Eddy online.
Yep, I mean the flip lunge. Try this after the headstand. I discovered it by mistake. Dunno if it's already known around here.

About the windmill, you can cancel it into 3. Just mash the 3 the moment Eddy does it. This is the 2nd 50/50 I found out. This is what confused my buddy. It's risky, cuz this one is slow AF, and they know the low counter by now.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Yep, I mean the flip lunge. Try this after the headstand. I discovered it by mistake. Dunno if it's already known around here.

About the windmill, you can cancel it into 3. Just mash the 3 the moment Eddy does it. This is the 2nd 50/50 I found out. This is what confused my buddy. It's risky, cuz this one is slow AF, and they know the low counter by now.
OOOOH! I know what move you're talking about! When he does the windmill, he hops back into the low/mid kick. But is that cancel instant or does he have to do part of the windmill animation?

Tanno

OOOOH! I know what move you're talking about! When he does the windmill, he hops back into the low/mid kick. But is that cancel instant or does he have to do part of the windmill animation?
Yep, whether they low block to cancel it, or they stand a bit back, you do mash 3 up. This one covers a bit of distance when he won't know what's coming there.

And I have done that a few times in actual matches. I did end it into (3,4), B23, FD, B23.

I think that this is my game, and I'm feeling almost ready to mop everyone.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I recently switched from Xbox to ps4 and damn is this game smooth. The connection seems to be superior and controls are more responsive. I main Dragunov, hit me up for some games.

I saw you on earlier but I was walking out the door for work. I have three days off coming Sunday so hopefully I can get some games. I main Josie but want to get some matches with Feng in - seriously considering him but need actual match experience to make a real decision.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I recently switched from Xbox to ps4 and damn is this game smooth. The connection seems to be superior and controls are more responsive. I main Dragunov, hit me up for some games.
Hell yeah! It was HORRIBLE before! Not too long ago, the game updated and with less input lag so its really smooth now. Alot more ppl got back playing this game online which is awesome. I accepted your request, but right after my Black ass took a long nap that turned into NIGHT NIGHT But im down for some games later today in about 5 hours. If not, tomorrow and Monday i will be completely free THANK GAWD!

I saw you on earlier but I was walking out the door for work. I have three days off coming Sunday so hopefully I can get some games. I main Josie but want to get some matches with Feng in - seriously considering him but need actual match experience to make a real decision.
Then we're playing for sure!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Yep, whether they low block to cancel it, or they stand a bit back, you do mash 3 up. This one covers a bit of distance when he won't know what's coming there.

And I have done that a few times in actual matches. I did end it into (3,4), B23, FD, B23.

I think that this is my game, and I'm feeling almost ready to mop everyone.
I feel you on that! Out of all the current FGs i have, THIS is the one im best at. So today, im gonna try that F3+4 handspring as a bate to move in. Once im in, hold back to go into handspring and whiff punish their moves. My only question is figuring out what best move from Handstand to use to punish my opponent? So thats my challenge imma work online today once i get home. But i damn sure ain't gonna do that shit against a quick opponent like Hwaorang. He will eat my ass up lol

Tanno

I feel you on that! Out of all the current FGs i have, THIS is the one im best at. So today, im gonna try that F3+4 handspring as a bate to move in. Once im in, hold back to go into handspring and whiff punish their moves. My only question is figuring out what best move from Handstand to use to punish my opponent? So thats my challenge imma work online today once i get home. But i damn sure ain't gonna do that shit against a quick opponent like Hwaorang. He will eat my ass up lol
To punish your opponent is to mash 1+2 after F1+2 (Handstand). For weird AF reason, if you press the 1+2 button again, the system registers it as 1. This is the only one that has armor.

Against Hwoarang, I don't know, because I have no competitive experience for him.

For now, the best shot is to stay away from him, and do all kinds of zonings to keep him away.

As far as I know, Handstand has 7 ending shits. And all of them are 50/50 on all sides. There are 2 moves you can whiff them intentionally to fish them out. I used Handstand and pressing down to troll my buddy. lol

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
To punish your opponent is to mash 1+2 after F1+2 (Handstand). For weird AF reason, if you press the 1+2 button again, the system registers it as 1. This is the only one that has armor.

Against Hwoarang, I don't know, because I have no competitive experience for him.

For now, the best shot is to stay away from him, and do all kinds of zonings to keep him away.

As far as I know, Handstand has 7 ending shits. And all of them are 50/50 on all sides. There are 2 moves you can whiff them intentionally to fish them out. I used Handstand and pressing down to troll my buddy. lol
OOOOH! Well actually...if you press 1+2 from a handstand it does another roll into handstand....wait....actually thats F1+2....whateva. BUT from the Handstand pressing 1 is the armor attack. I guess if I press 2, Eddy will roll into that side low chop. I think that moves causes a knockdown, if so, then i already know how to murder from there! :)

Tanno

OOOOH! Well actually...if you press 1+2 from a handstand it does another roll into handstand....wait....actually thats F1+2....whateva. BUT from the Handstand pressing 1 is the armor attack. I guess if I press 2, Eddy will roll into that side low chop. I think that moves causes a knockdown, if so, then i already know how to murder from there! :)
Then you know how. From that 2 and on, press 3 to juggle him. Saw Tekken Master doing this before I troll him and calling him "Injustice Master". lol

Another move is the B1+2, that you sidestep, and give a huge punch there. This one needs a good timing the moment your opponent tries to hit you.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Then you know how. From that 2 and on, press 3 to juggle him. Saw Tekken Master doing this before I troll him and calling him "Injustice Master". lol

Another move is the B1+2, that you sidestep, and give a huge punch there. This one needs a good timing the moment your opponent tries to hit you.
Im so afraid to use that move lol. Its kinda like a hard counter in a sense because its instant. I guess that move can be used if you're cornered. Thats something i need to try as well. Its all baby steps for me but honestly, im kinda moving fast in the ranks for the few times ive played. Im not even at 200 wins yet, and im already at Vanguard rank. I been seeing ppl at over 500 wins and only on Brawler rank like DAAAAAAAAMN IT TOOK YOU ALONG ASS TIME! lol

Tanno

Im so afraid to use that move lol. Its kinda like a hard counter in a sense because its instant. I guess that move can be used if you're cornered. Thats something i need to try as well. Its all baby steps for me but honestly, im kinda moving fast in the ranks for the few times ive played. Im not even at 200 wins yet, and im already at Vanguard rank. I been seeing ppl at over 500 wins and only on Brawler rank like DAAAAAAAAMN IT TOOK YOU ALONG ASS TIME! lol
I'm not afraid, because I'm a risky person. And I have good reaction. lol

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I'm not afraid, because I'm a risky person. And I have good reaction. lol
Thats another thing im working on, is reaction! I just recorded some dope footage of me facing a Geese player and i beat his ass so many times in a row, ive gained 2 ranks straight! I was ducking, bobbing, weaving, spinning, and all types of shit to give me those wins! Just when he "thought" he had the answers, i changed the fucking question ;)

Tanno

Eddy is not a character, he's a fucking algebra equation.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Dude, I'm dead! Someone nominate this post as the best post of 2018! x'D

I'm a complete shit regarding math and algebra, yet I use him, and I'm better with him. What do you have to say? xD

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Dude, I'm dead! Someone nominate this post as the best post of 2018! x'D

I'm a complete shit regarding math and algebra, yet I use him, and I'm better with him. What do you have to say? xD
Then you've figured things out through trial and error lol.

Like, I'm looking at his moveset, and looking at each moves frame data and then you have to figure out the frame data if you stance transition, then what you have to work with once you transition, plus time it takes to get into stance and get a move out, in addition to some of his frame data being distance specific, or changing depending on what part of a string hits. I can see why he's not considered ultra strong at higher levels, bit is borderline op elsewhere.. if you really KNOW the MU, he has few, very few, "real" things. Hits into stance into mix are frequently negative and he has some crazy unsafe stuff. He relies on mental frame advantage and his built-in evasiveness.

Now that I'm looking at him more closely, he's a fucking fascinating character and the room for creative play and style is insane.

He is a brilliant character, but I can see him being frustrating vs someone that really really understands him and knows exactly when he can check what you're doing, or doesn't have to hold your pressure or mix.

I'm going to spend a little time with on the side, just training mode stuff for a while, and see if I can get comfortable with his general Eddy-ness.

Tanno

Like, I'm looking at his moveset, and looking at each moves frame data and then you have to figure out the frame data if you stance transition, then what you have to work with once you transition, plus time it takes to get into stance and get a move out, in addition to some of his frame data being distance specific, or changing depending on what part of a string hits. I can see why he's not considered ultra strong at higher levels, bit is borderline op elsewhere.. if you really KNOW the MU, he has few, very few, "real" things. Hits into stance into mix are frequently negative and he has some crazy unsafe stuff. He relies on mental frame advantage and his built-in evasiveness.

Now that I'm looking at him more closely, he's a fucking fascinating character and the room for creative play and style is insane.

He is a brilliant character, but I can see him being frustrating vs someone that really really understands him and knows exactly when he can check what you're doing, or doesn't have to hold your pressure or mix.

I'm going to spend a little time with on the side, just training mode stuff for a while, and see if I can get comfortable with his general Eddy-ness.
I'm a lab rat. I always experiment with these chars, and this is why I found 103 DMG combo with Eddy.

Some stuff, like 1+2, are extra plus on cancel. Some distancing moves, like U4, do have hitbox issues. I noticed the hitbox issues, because they did hit 1 or 2 frames away from the body, yet they connected. This is where I noticed why they hate Eddy. The 50/50. Some of his moves, like (3+4), are risky.

BTW, I gotta work out of banning some YOLO moves before I level up to the pros.

Hell yeah! It was HORRIBLE before! Not too long ago, the game updated and with less input lag so its really smooth now. Alot more ppl got back playing this game online which is awesome. I accepted your request, but right after my Black ass took a long nap that turned into NIGHT NIGHT But im down for some games later today in about 5 hours. If not, tomorrow and Monday i will be completely free THANK GAWD!

Then we're playing for sure!
I'm off Tuesday, maybe this evening or tomorrow in the early afternoon just shoot me a message on PSN. I'll most likely respond

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
my hype lvl for Noctis is over 9k
hopefully he gets released early 2018
Apparently, they said he will be released during the Spring. And im super hyped for him as well

Oh my broha...you pay waaaaay too much attention to Frame data instead of the character. You gotta FEEL the character, you gotta feel out his movements in different matchups to figure out what works and what doesnt work. Even Frame data has mistakes too and you're gonna rack your brain over number when you havent even played the character as much. LAME! STOP THAT SHIT! Learn through trial and error, TRUST even if you lose its more fun than doing algebra with them damn frame data numbers ;)