What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
kings is unlocked with a particular costume. Done the same way but it has a different animation. Not sure about the others
OOOOO that makes sense. Well...damnit, i wish they do that with more characters down the road. Wait....has any patch notes come out with that update from yesterday???

kings is unlocked with a particular costume. Done the same way but it has a different animation. Not sure about the others
This is correct. King 2nd costume is part of the collaboration with NJPW and it includes the 2nd RA which will replace his original. Lars is getting a new costume as part of this collaboration but I am not sure if it includes a new RA. The other characters (Akuma and Eliza) have a super combo, this replaces their rage drive and it should show on the loading screen.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Thought I would add this on here.

• Added support for DLC [DLC2: Geese Howard Pack].
  • Added movies to the gallery.
  • Added a rematch feature to player matches. This features is available for sessions with “Max Number of Participants” set to 2.
  • Added individual character rankings based on win count to the leaderboards.
  • Improved optimization of matchmaking conditions.
  • Includes various bug fixes.
Geese is also out on Xbox live right now.

A day ahead of ps4 as usual I might add.

villainous monk

Some of the rematch features sound good. I can't understand why it wasn't in there in the first place since it would seem so simple to have it in the game at launch but this is the type of shit developers are trying to do to keep interest in their products and generate more revenue so... Yeah it's kinda dumb.

What I am hearing is the Input lag is still there. So as I said before in this thread it's not all on unreal engine has much as its on Sony.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Thought I would add this on here.

• Added support for DLC [DLC2: Geese Howard Pack].
  • Added movies to the gallery.
  • Added a rematch feature to player matches. This features is available for sessions with “Max Number of Participants” set to 2.
  • Added individual character rankings based on win count to the leaderboards.
  • Improved optimization of matchmaking conditions.
  • Includes various bug fixes.
Geese is also out on Xbox live right now.

A day ahead of ps4 as usual I might add.
So you have access to him right NOW?! FAAACK IN JEALOUS!

And thank you kindly for the info :)

villainous monk

So you have access to him right NOW?! FAAACK IN JEALOUS!

And thank you kindly for the info :)
Soon. I'm finishing up happy hour with the crew since it's my last week at work. Just reading the info and getting a few texts back n forth.

I hope there are improvements that do mean something though. Performing Kazumi's low tier busted laser scrapers in between dashes suck online.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Geese is out on PC too it looks like. He's available for purchase and download anyway. So I assume.

A piece of me wants to buy him, but I don't even know if in going to "play" this game yet... And I certainly don't need distractions, Steve and Bryan are already too much but I can't decide which one I want to keep until I get some games with them.

villainous monk

Geese is out on PC too it looks like. He's available for purchase and download anyway. So I assume.

A piece of me wants to buy him, but I don't even know if in going to "play" this game yet... And I certainly don't need distractions, Steve and Bryan are already too much but I can't decide which one I want to keep until I get some games with them.
You should always focus on maximum 2 characters at a time. I would say one is enough till you get the fundamentals down first. Then play around and lose a ton of matches and ask yourself if you had a great time trying to win but still losing all the while LEARNING!!!

Or.

Did you experience gamer rage and tantrums with the occasional Fml's thrown in and all that jive.

Dlc will be on sale soon dawg. Ain't no rush when the community really wants system changes and reduced lag inputs.

Geese will always be there your good.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
You should always focus on maximum 2 characters at a time. I would say one is enough till you get the fundamentals down first. Then play around and lose a ton of matches and ask yourself if you had a great time trying to win but still losing all the while LEARNING!!!

Or.

Did you experience gamer rage and tantrums with the occasional Fml's thrown in and all that jive.

Dlc will be on sale soon dawg. Ain't no rush when the community really wants system changes and reduced lag inputs.

That's a hell of a good point. Right now, Eddy is my main man. Second, im currently having lots of fun with Gigas. Yeah, i know....weird combo right? But he actually has long reach and faster jabs than Eddy, so he's a fit for me! I'm actually gonna try him online for the first time in Ranked matches. Probably will record and post it here ;)

EntropicByDesign

Or.

Exactly why im just going to wait. I often buy dlc characters just to support the game, but I think Tekken is doing fine for now lol.

And yeah, I've narrowed it down to Steve and Bryan but until I get some real games I can't make an actual decision between the two. I kind feel like Steve will be the winner in the end, but I dunno, I have to "feel" the game first and go from there.

@JBeezYBabY Gigas is extremely cool. Honestly I've thought of learning the game with him or Jack, using the pretty simple toolsets and such, but ultimately I couldn't ignore Steve and Bryan, both are so dope, but who knows, if I don't enjoy them in actual play, I may give Gigas a shot.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
If anybody is interested, I could run a stream on PS4 for Geese once he drops. Essentially what I will be doing on my own anyway is:

1. Go through his movelist visually. Give my initial estimate on what a move is used for.
2. Execute his moves myself on the dummy to see which moves are NC or NCC and which strings are delayable or potentially hit confirmable. Do a range check on first hits of strings. Estimate pushback on block/hit. Check for CH properties on all moves and hits of strings.
3. Switch from double Geese into Kazuya/Jin/Josie (characters that are good for determining frames) and Geese as the dummy. Record a jab from Geese into a move being tested. Cover everything from start up frames to hit/block advantage/disadvantage, as well as sidestepping/sidewalking to determine exact tracking.
4. Record moves that knockdown into the most obvious follow-ups. Test different wake-up options. This will determine guaranteed/inescapable damage/mini combos, frame trapping knockdowns as well as knockdowns that don't give any legitimate okizeme pressure.

I may or may not do the 4th step but the first 3 are going to take approximately 3-4 hours, depending on the amount of moves in Geese's kit, more so by potential stances and stance cancels he has (strings on block/hit into a stance transition 50/50 are of critical importance to learn how to blow-up/fuzzy/defend against). Note that Geese has a parry/reversal. Similar to Gigas' armor stance this is definitely a topic of interest and will easily take 30 minutes+ to explore on top of everything.

A process like this with the new characters can be done in around 3 hours with some things being repeated for the sake of repetition to increase the chances of learning and remembering. I've noticed that half-assing this process will just make me forget most of the details. I don't care if this whole thing takes like 5 hours, I am doing it the way I intend to do it as it has the best carry-over. To compare this to the legacy characters I think the first time I labbed Hwoarang a few years ago in TTT2 I spent A WHOLE FKN DAY to do this and have since forgotten most of what I found out due to not playing against the character at all lol.

EntropicByDesign

If anybody is interested, I could run a stream on PS4 for Geese once he drops. Essentially what I will be doing on my own anyway is:

1. Go through his movelist visually. Give my initial estimate on what a move is used for.
2. Execute his moves myself on the dummy to see which moves are NC or NCC and which strings are delayable or potentially hit confirmable. Do a range check on first hits of strings. Estimate pushback on block/hit. Check for CH properties on all moves and hits of strings.
3. Switch from double Geese into Kazuya/Jin/Josie (characters that are good for determining frames) and Geese as the dummy. Record a jab from Geese into a move being tested. Cover everything from start up frames to hit/block advantage/disadvantage, as well as sidestepping/sidewalking to determine exact tracking.
4. Record moves that knockdown into the most obvious follow-ups. Test different wake-up options. This will determine guaranteed/inescapable damage/mini combos, frame trapping knockdowns as well as knockdowns that don't give any legitimate okizeme pressure.

I may or may not do the 4th step but the first 3 are going to take approximately 3-4 hours, depending on the amount of moves in Geese's kit, more so by potential stances and stance cancels he has (strings on block/hit into a stance transition 50/50 are of critical importance to learn how to blow-up/fuzzy/defend against). Note that Geese has a parry/reversal. Similar to Gigas' armor stance this is definitely a topic of interest and will easily take 30 minutes+ to explore on top of everything.

A process like this with the new characters can be done in around 3 hours with some things being repeated for the sake of repetition to increase the chances of learning and remembering. I've noticed that half-assing this process will just make me forget most of the details. I don't care if this whole thing takes like 5 hours, I am doing it the way I intend to do it as it has the best carry-over. To compare this to the legacy characters I think the first time I labbed Hwoarang a few years ago in TTT2 I spent A WHOLE FKN DAY to do this and have since forgotten most of what I found out due to not playing against the character at all lol.
Work and schedule permitting I'd watch the hell out of this.

villainous monk

That's a hell of a good point. Right now, Eddy is my main man. Second, im currently having lots of fun with Gigas. Yeah, i know....weird combo right? But he actually has long reach and faster jabs than Eddy, so he's a fit for me! I'm actually gonna try him online for the first time in Ranked matches. Probably will record and post it here ;)
Well thank you. I've been playing since tekken 1 in the arcades when it cost you money and time to lose so my philosophy is real!

Ps1 and 2 versions were not the same and it was a different story between the two. Still is from what I've heard overseas over the years, so yeah I take those W's & L's like it was yesteryear's.

I've seen your Eddy play. It's coming along and I see the little differences of your transitions from 2D to 3D just by your movements and spacing. Keep it up. Don't get discouraged or frustrated too much. 3D games takes YEARS to learn the basics and even MORE years just to be decent. Hell man I in there too!

I am a loyalist to Snake eyes, Feng, Asuka, Kazuya, Heihachi as my mains.

Learning Lucky chloe, Miguel. Then Shaheen, Josie, Dragi, King(again for the umpteenth time)

Pretty much figured out Kazumi as my new #1

EntropicByDesign

@Smoke_Of_Finland Hey, that Bryan advice you gave me was fantastic. I took it to the lab and messed around some and Ive been landing his basic Bnb stuff pretty consistently, and I have a reasonable handle on his routes and the general flow of his stuff now. In theory meaning I can pick up CHs and such and sort of drop into his combo rhythm... Of course in real matches it wont be so easy, but the fact that I can physically do it is a nice fact just the same, lol. My Steve combos are home-made, so to speak, and cobbled together out of the BnB stuff I keep seeing for him, but for whatever reason, just cannot fucking do.. All my crap ends the same way more or less and is usually within a couple points of damage, so I consider it fine.,

Combos in Tekken feel very important.. Now, they arent what make you good, but in a game where two combos can more or less kill you, I feel like you really HAVE to have some kind of handle on how to get damage out.. And I just say that because I dont want anyone to think that I have some weird delusion that once I can do a BnB I know how to play the character or that I can now magically hang with better players.

Ive compiled a list of basic BnBs and conversions for Bryan and Steve along with a list of some of the better moves they have in their kits and some basic punishment stuff. I certainly dont know frame data out in the wild enough to know what to use where yet, but its a start, if I block something I can start small and work my way up.

If I decide to dig in to Tekken I'll start setting aside 30m or so for backdash cancel practice every day and some time to work on other things.. Like punishing -14 stuff with FB+2 as Bryan, since its pretty tight to get that out in time (id imagine anyway).

I think tomorrow, or maybe in the morning when I get off work I'll find a Tekken Discord and see if I can drum up some PC matches and try to see what there is to see.

And just for anyone wondering - I have no intention of dropping Inj2, and IM not getting bored with the game or anything. I just end up booted off the PS4 a lot by my GF and I have t7 on PC, and a part of me has always been fascinated with Tekken. BUt a larger part of me knows how difficult the game is, and I honestly dont know if I'm willing to grind it out, especially to the detriment of my Inj2 time.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Just woke up and wow wth Geese is still not available on PS4? are you serious Sony?
I'll top you by adding just woke up today at 6:25am PST and still Geese is not available for the PS4 in the US. But ppl got em on PC. Ugh....so antsy to play! But by looking at a little bit of labbing by Aris (Avoid The Puddle) his movement is better than Akuma, but not better than Eliza.

His fireball attacks are hella unsafe...WOMP! BUT if you do the double fireball attack up close, it pushes back the opponent on block, which is nice. BUT that's still unsafe and can be punished.

His forward round house kick can be whiffed and punished by a low attack.

His jump is NOT a delayed jump. He has the same 2D jump like Akuma and Eliza.

He does NOT have a side throw which is lame. In other words, if you do a side throw, the animation will still be the same as the front throw. So, again, the same as Akuma.

He can throw you against the wall, BUT cannot combo out of it due to his long recovery.

Ummmm....that's all I've gathered before falling asleep. He seems like a complicated character, no doubt. I was never a Geese player in the KOF series, but I'm still very interested into learning him and coming up with some combos. So the first thing Uncle JBeezY will do, is lab the hell out of him ALL DAY and come up with some combos to make a video.

Look out for it :)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous

I'd second that! I'd loooove to watch too! Let me know when its up, OR better yet, subscribe to my Youtube channel and ill sub back so i know to look out for it. JBeezYBabY :)

Well thank you. I've been playing since tekken 1 in the arcades when it cost you money and time to lose so my philosophy is real!

Ps1 and 2 versions were not the same and it was a different story between the two. Still is from what I've heard overseas over the years, so yeah I take those W's & L's like it was yesteryear's.

I've seen your Eddy play. It's coming along and I see the little differences of your transitions from 2D to 3D just by your movements and spacing. Keep it up. Don't get discouraged or frustrated too much. 3D games takes YEARS to learn the basics and even MORE years just to be decent. Hell man I in there too!

I am a loyalist to Snake eyes, Feng, Asuka, Kazuya, Heihachi as my mains.

Learning Lucky chloe, Miguel. Then Shaheen, Josie, Dragi, King(again for the umpteenth time)

Pretty much figured out Kazumi as my new #1
Man o man I'm a video game OG and ive played them all! Playing Tekken 1 in the arcades maining Marshall Law WOOOOO that was the shit!

And thank you for noticing my progress! I've learned its confidence that takes me further because I was afraid to do crazy mix ups like Eddy did in part 3, but i was button mashing then lol. Now i know exactly what im doing. I just actually ranked up to MARAUDER last night. But i noticed a slight change after the update. Once you're in the training area waiting on your opponent, right, as soon as the system finds an opponent, NOW there's an announcer that says, "HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!" Which is fucking cool! I love that little arcade touch they did. It's the little things to makes this game better and better every time I play :)

BTW....YOU need to add me damnit! Do you have PS4?

PSN - JBeezYBabY1