What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
People using macros should be killed on sight.

There is a method to do King's RDC consistently, req some practice, look on Aris YT. He shown how to do it consistently.
Cry me a river. I've seen the vid. Button buffering has nothing to do with the 1+3, 3+4, 2+4 part. Which can just be pressed in rapid succession via macros but manually it has to be timed right for some reason. Specifically when the camera shifts during Chicken Wing and has to be done before the neck snap

Immortal

Blind justice....
Cry me a river. I've seen the vid. Button buffering has nothing to do with the 1+3, 3+4, 2+4 part. Which can just be pressed in rapid succession via macros but manually it has to be timed right for some reason. Specifically when the camera shifts during Chicken Wing and has to be done before the neck snap
Well it worked for him flawlessly. So just learn the timing and that is all. Don't use macros like a total scrub.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Ok so I just played a set as Bryan against Akuma.

I think tech rolling is out of the question at all times. If you get knocked down and you tech roll then you have to guess between his demon flip mix-ups into normals that jail and he is in perfect range to do d3 into whatever. If you don't know what to do and he has meter then you might as well put down the controller because you are not getting up. Even if you don't let him do anything and just rush him down he is gonna be sitting on plenty of meter to mix you up until you die. Dashing under him is not consistent and neither is jabbing, some of the demon flip kicks also track, also when he burns meter to dash cancel his specials you are forced to guess. standing 4's might be the way to go once he is airborne.

The meter burn dash cancel and normals cancelled into demon flips completely fuck me up. I dunno if I know how to imitate some of the stuff I saw in practice mode so I think I am gonna have to look for some video content. I'd like to find a way how to deal with him using stuff that's kinda universal instead of picking Mishimas and just crouchdashing under him. Power crushing is also not a real punish and if you are low on health the trade can kill you.

Oh and I played some ranked with Bryan before that, first match I was nervous once again and just froze and lost to a terrible Brawler rank Law but after that I won like 15 matches straight and actually enjoyed it lol. I set the matchmaking to 4 bars and up and the connections were pretty decent and had no trouble getting games.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wait. What is macros? I thought I had heard every Tekken term known to man. How does a macro help motions? What is it??

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Wait. What is macros? I thought I had heard every Tekken term known to man. How does a macro help motions? What is it??
It's programming a button or using a 3rd party program, so that pushing one button executes a pre-set series of commands.

For example with enough fiddling you could assign a BNB to one button or to it to an incoming input from a pad or stick, so whenever you land such and such s launcher, you tap that button snd if rattles off your bnb

Additionally you could use it to tie a kbdc to one button, so you just tapped that button over and over for a frame perfect kbdc every time. It's only something you could do on PC, unless there's some way to load up and run shady apps on a ps/Xbox.

Ever seen ToolAssisted? The shit he does is all tied in yo macros. I believe he sits there and triggers them manually s lot of the time, but it's one button press into crazy frame perfect combos and complex looping inputs.

EntropicByDesign

Morally ambiguous because for the most part a macro doesn't do anything that a person can't. They can even be inferior to a person since they are usually based purely on a static timing you have to set up when you build the macro, where-as a person can adjust on the fly and all that jazz.

EntropicByDesign

Macros in this instance would refer to button bindings such as binding 1+4 and 2+3 to a single button. Some multithrows can be executed by mashing both at the same time furiously lol.

I took it way out of context then. I thought we were talking like MACROS. Like the automation of numerous inputs and timings. Hell I have 1+2 and 3+4 and 1+4 assigned to my shoulder buttons... It's an option in game.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Assigning anything that the game itself doesn't allow you to do and using a programmable stick or a 3rd party program is obviously cheating and not allowed in tournaments.

Some old school players have a really retarded mentality and consider all button bindings cheating and scrubby. If someone didn't play in the arcades and they have been playing on pad they are going to hold the pad as it's supposed to be held instead of learning claw grip. I use 1+4, 2+3 and 3+4 and I've started using 1+2 bind for some combos on what used to be my tag button. I don't give a shit about what the "back in my day" OG's say. Most of those people play fkn Paul and are still basic as fuck after 2 decades of Tekken experience. Not gonna name any names or tags but you know who they are if you've been following Kor's Tekken Academy or Tekken Zaibatsu lol. Only advice they ever give anyone is to "level up brah", like they are still bitter about having to learn the game with their lunch money as a kid at a gas station or something :D

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Assigning anything that the game itself doesn't allow you to do and using a programmable stick or a 3rd party program is obviously cheating and not allowed in tournaments.

Some old school players have a really (soap bar in my mouth) mentality and consider all button bindings cheating and scrubby. If someone didn't play in the arcades and they have been playing on pad they are going to hold the pad as it's supposed to be held instead of learning claw grip. I use 1+4, 2+3 and 3+4 and I've started using 1+2 bind for some combos on what used to be my tag button. I don't give a shit about what the "back in my day" OG's say. Most of those people play fkn Paul and are still basic as fuck after 2 decades of Tekken experience. Not gonna name any names or tags but you know who they are if you've been following Kor's Tekken Academy or Tekken Zaibatsu lol. Only advice they ever give anyone is to "level up brah", like they are still bitter about having to learn the game with their lunch money as a kid at a gas station or something :D
If there's 1 thing I wish T7 had it's something to give a middle finger to legacy players. Kind of like what SCV did. Don't get me wrong I love SC with it's lore and characters but I'm not a fan of games just recoating themselves with new graphics and selling it off as something new. I am enjoying T7 but some legacy players get all elitist because they've played older Tekken games and when a new player doesn't know something already well-known they get all "haha you scrub how did you not know that?" It's like telling someone who never rode a bike to ride one and laugh at him falling down.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Agreed on all points. If the game allows the bindings then it's good to go imo.

What is 'claw grip'? I play pad and an curious
In FPS games, this is claw grip/claw crabbing

but in Tekken I think it refers to Tekken fingers

I play like that as well and it makes some simultaneous presses hard which is why I use macros. But I find it less tiring to do movements like doing bb,d/b,b,d/b etc as well as doing f,n,d,d/f,f,n,d/f,f etc (multiple crouch dashes)

EntropicByDesign

In FPS games, this is claw grip/claw crabbing

but in Tekken I think it refers to Tekken fingers

I play like that as well and it makes some simultaneous presses hard which is why I use macros. But I find it less tiring to do movements like doing bb,d/b,b,d/b etc as well as doing f,n,d,d/f,f,n,d/f,f etc (multiple crouch dashes)
Interesting. I just play "normally" however Ive tried something I saw Pokchop do in a tournament a while ago where he holds the controller mostly normally with his left hand, and rests the right side on leg and kind of hovers his hand over it, almost like you'd do were you playing stick,.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Interesting. I just play "normally" however Ive tried something I saw Pokchop do in a tournament a while ago where he holds the controller mostly normally with his left hand, and rests the right side on leg and kind of hovers his hand over it, almost like you'd do were you playing stick,.
Yea he does the Tekken fingers too. I'm sure a lot if not most pad players play like that

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I just found a neat little PC-only tech. @EntropicByDesign you know how you said you wished you could play with a d-pad but using arcade buttons?

Well I was just messing in training mode alternating between pad and stick and figuring out if I could get used to stick movement and I just realized something:

I'm freaking controlling p1 with pad AND stick. So I started playing using my controller's d-pad and using the stick for face-buttons. And so far it's mmmmMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm

EntropicByDesign

I just found a neat little PC-only tech. @EntropicByDesign you know how you said you wished you could play with a d-pad but using arcade buttons?

Well I was just messing in training mode alternating between pad and stick and figuring out if I could get used to stick movement and I just realized something:

I'm freaking controlling p1 with pad AND stick. So I started playing using my controller's d-pad and using the stick for face-buttons. And so far it's mmmmMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm

This sounds kinda awesome.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Seriously I am so free to Miguel players. I just get destroyed constant mids and lows, anyone got any tips?

Hworang probably has to be the most mentally straining character to fight in the game, unless your super pro.

Last edited: