What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Seriously I am so free to Miguel players. I just get destroyed constant mids and lows, anyone got any tips?

Hworang probably has to be the most mentally straining character to fight in the game, unless your super pro.
Hwoarang needs to be stepped, go to your character right unless he enters flamingo stance when in flamingo you need to step on the side his belly is tucked in, so step right if RFS and step left if LFS.

Whoreang also don't have much ways to approach as long as you have good movement it will make it hard to approach or just do stupid shit in your face, surely they gave him ff4 for easier approach, but that move can be side walked or avoided by double sidestep on either direction.

Some of you know i've been investing my time on getting my electrics down to a perfect i14 execution, i think i finally have them:

Now i can focus on practicing the timing of these annoying -14 moves and punishing accordingly, in the next few months.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
that feeling when a ling player low profiles your orbital heal.........................................................................................

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Seriously I am so free to Miguel players. I just get destroyed constant mids and lows, anyone got any tips?

Hworang probably has to be the most mentally straining character to fight in the game, unless your super pro.
Agree on both. It's hard to get used to Miguel's animations because he doesn't have a fighter-like stance and he just kind of throws his limbs around. Reminds me of Voldo. So I just get hit by lows all day every day.

And Hwoarang is just safe on most things and even + on some of his highs. His Right Stance has a plus on block, fast, tracking power crush, screw launcher. That's some NRS-type all-purpose bs move.

His B3 launch has a very good hitbox and nets him so much dmg and wall-carry and god help you if you do hit a wall.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So who are the safest characters in the game? i mean stupid safe that to win you need to create openings rather than wait, they mostly safe on anything they do, i know a few not sure if all.

1. Xiaoyu (-18 at the worst with bt4, -12 at most moves)
2. Probably Dragunov at -12 in most stuff.
3. jin (-12 at ws2, -13 at every low, -14 at 1+2 and maybe -15 at d3+4, cd4 its his most punishable move)
4. Steve only saw one -14 and one -15, everything else is safe, lol.

Who comes close to this or better?

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
To be fair, this is a friend of mine who's played Tekken since we were kids, but has no clue what the FGC is, doesnt know or understand frame data, and thinks that winning vs the AI on its highest difficulty is LITERALLY the pinnacle of skill and what separates the men from the boys in Tekken. When I do back dash cancel movement, he GENUINELY believes it to be cheating, and will no longer play me because of it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
To be fair, this is a friend of mine who's played Tekken since we were kids, but has no clue what the FGC is, doesnt know or understand frame data, and thinks that winning vs the AI on its highest difficulty is LITERALLY the pinnacle of skill and what separates the men from the boys in Tekken. When I do back dash cancel movement, he GENUINELY believes it to be cheating, and will no longer play me because of it.
Your friend is a scrub lol

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Agree on both. It's hard to get used to Miguel's animations because he doesn't have a fighter-like stance and he just kind of throws his limbs around. Reminds me of Voldo. So I just get hit by lows all day every day.

And Hwoarang is just safe on most things and even + on some of his highs. His Right Stance has a plus on block, fast, tracking power crush, screw launcher. That's some NRS-type all-purpose bs move.

His B3 launch has a very good hitbox and nets him so much dmg and wall-carry and god help you if you do hit a wall.
I am getting used to the hworang matchup, its just annoying you have to work 10x as hard as he does it seems like. The safe rage art and power crush launcher is some bs lol.

I think I will forever be free vs Miguel, I will forever press a button when I am not supposed to and never get off the ground till I am dead lol.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
So who are the safest characters in the game? i mean stupid safe that to win you need to create openings rather than wait, they mostly safe on anything they do, i know a few not sure if all.

1. Xiaoyu (-18 at the worst with bt4, -12 at most moves)
2. Probably Dragunov at -12 in most stuff.
3. jin (-12 at ws2, -13 at every low, -14 at 1+2 and maybe -15 at d3+4, cd4 its his most punishable move)
4. Steve only saw one -14 and one -15, everything else is safe, lol.

Who comes close to this or better?
Meanwhile The only thing plus on block for shaheem is jab.........

But my dude so fun, I am glad I stuck with him.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Meanwhile The only thing plus on block for shaheem is jab.........

But my dude so fun, I am glad I stuck with him.
All these characters are stupid safe, i'm kinda iffy on drag since he is more of a string character.

Jin on the other hand, he is mostly at -9, -7 or -3 and even -1 in many cases including his CH launchers, good thing he is a poking character but he can build this huge wall with his pokes that becomes kinda hard to deal with at high level.

Xiao is just fucking dumb, fuck that character, fuck steve too, safe launchers out of duck lol.

EntropicByDesign

Your friend is a scrub lol
Much much worse than a scrub. He GENUINELY believes, I mean to the point he will not listen to, or accept evidence to the contrary, that fighting games arent worth learning because there is always a gimmick that will always win... He cited just throwing fireballs over and over in Street Fighter as his example, saying its literally impossible to beat so why learn anything else? and that mashing will always beat thoughtful play because "Its faster".

He's a very old, and very good friend, but his head is so far up his own ass I have to avoid certain subjects or it damn near comes to blows =/

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Much much worse than a scrub. He GENUINELY believes, I mean to the point he will not listen to, or accept evidence to the contrary, that fighting games arent worth learning because there is always a gimmick that will always win... He cited just throwing fireballs over and over in Street Fighter as his example, saying its literally impossible to beat so why learn anything else? and that mashing will always beat thoughtful play because "Its faster".

He's a very old, and very good friend, but his head is so far up his own ass I have to avoid certain subjects or it damn near comes to blows =/
IMO, not that you asked for it, just don't play him. And when you do, just beat him so hard it makes him not want to play. There's no fun in playing without the opportunity to learn or if your friend isn't having fun. I have friends who are worse than me which is unbelievable but they enjoy playing with me so I hold back a bit in order for them to level up. It also allows me to mess around with different characters I don't normally play with.

EntropicByDesign

IMO, not that you asked for it, just don't play him. And when you do, just beat him so hard it makes him not want to play. There's no fun in playing without the opportunity to learn or if your friend isn't having fun. I have friends who are worse than me which is unbelievable but they enjoy playing with me so I hold back a bit in order for them to level up. It also allows me to mess around with different characters I don't normally play with.

I don't anymore. When Tekken dropped I thought it was perfect since I knew he was a huge fan and I thought I might be able to get some of my friends into the fgc and such, so I extended an olive branch and tried to put up with the weird opinions and shit while trying to educate on exactly what the fgc actually is.. but came to the conclusion it was all a tremendous waste because he wasn't going to ever try or care or want to get better or learn beyond his super narrow view.

Damn backdash cancel with sway characters got me fucked up. I've been practicing bdc with bryan all day and I'm finally getting it consistently and faster than non back sway method but I noticed I tense up my jaw while doing it, now my jaw hurts when I open my mouth lol. No pain no gain I guess.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Waking up vs miguel when your face forward feet down is fucking lame as hell. Is it the new meta to punish -12 with unsafe lows now god damn I am salty lol.

Is his I think its df1,1 to either low or a mid a 50/50? Not taking into account he can just stop at 1 df1 and continue pressure.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Waking up vs miguel when your face forward feet down is fucking lame as hell. Is it the new meta to punish -12 with unsafe lows now god damn I am salty lol.

Is his I think its df1,1 to either low or a mid a 50/50? Not taking into account he can just stop at 1 df1 and continue pressure.
No it isn't. You can sidestep left to make both of the 3rd hits whiff after blocking his df1,1.

Ducking the 2nd hit on read is possible but I'd say i13 fast mid-highs like Bryan's df21, Miguel's df11, Heihachi's df11 and Bob's b22 can not be ducked on reaction and attempting to duck after blocking the first hit is basically a trap/bait to get you to start ducking and eat a mid.

Last edited:
Sounds like the perfect time to show off Julia and Lei.

Reveals and new customs reveal would be ideal, but I don't have the confidence in Harada that I used to so I'm in wait and see mode.
Or you know, the guest character. lol. Still hoping that Julia and Lei make it. Although the signs point otherwise. :( i dont even play them, i just want to see how they will adapt them in the current system, as well as how they will design them given the anime theme they've been going for.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
No it isn't. You can sidestep left to make both of the 3rd hits whiff after blocking his df1,1.

Ducking the 2nd hit on read is possible but I'd say i13 fast mid-highs like Bryan's df21, Miguel's df11, Heihachi's df11 and Bob's b22 can not be ducked on reaction and attempting to duck after blocking the first hit is basically a trap/bait to get you to start ducking and eat a mid.
sweet thanks but that shit gonna be tight as fuck online. He is the ultimate online warrior god damn lol