What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Immortal

Blind justice....
Any Shaheem players? I am just picking him up if anyone has any basic tips, he is pretty fun to play.
Shaheem is a very straight forward character probably one of the easiest ones in the game to pick up. He has a decent 50/50 in crouch. You always fish for CH with his 4 strings (4,1; 4,3; 4,4) coz they lead into easy and damaging combos. He has a safe mid launcher. His oki game is good. He has cancels which leave him in crouch which is perfect position to go for 50/50. He has good hop kick also.

The only problem he has is mediocre pokes, beside slide there is really no point in using them. Also he is a very simplistic character with simplistic gameplan, you wont get anybody by surprise with him. People who know the match up will just block the launching option of 50/50 coz the other one does pretty much nothing for him (in terms of frame adv, dmg).

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Shaheem is a very straight forward character probably one of the easiest ones in the game to pick up. He has a decent 50/50 in crouch. You always fish for CH with his 4 strings (4,1; 4,3; 4,4) coz they lead into easy and damaging combos. He has a safe mid launcher. His oki game is good. He has cancels which leave him in crouch which is perfect position to go for 50/50. He has good hop kick also.

The only problem he has is mediocre pokes, beside slide there is really no point in using them. Also he is a very simplistic character with simplistic gameplan, you wont get anybody by surprise with him. People who know the match up will just block the launching option of 50/50 coz the other one does pretty much nothing for him (in terms of frame adv, dmg).
The only problem I am finding is the poke situation, everything seems to be highs that have decent reach. Not used to playing someone with a hop kick and a orbital so thats pretty cool but I am usually play pretty poke heavy so I just gotta find my groove with this dude.

Immortal

Blind justice....
The only problem I am finding is the poke situation, everything seems to be highs that have decent reach. Not used to playing someone with a hop kick and a orbital so thats pretty cool but I am usually play pretty poke heavy so I just gotta find my groove with this dude.
Yup, like i said he has poor poking game, so spacing is crucial with him. Fishing for CH of 4 strings is the best way to quickly kill anybody. Althou if you face off vs Ling than you may as well just put the controller down. It's a terrible MU for him.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Yup, like i said he has poor poking game, so spacing is crucial with him. Fishing for CH of 4 strings is the best way to quickly kill anybody.
Another annoying thing I found is his 12f punish vs people that spam hopkick ff2,3, no knock down on 10-12f is pretty shit. That really turns me off to this character and prob wont stick with him.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I spent a little time with Shaheen and still really like him.. Solid damage and a super easy gameplan, but ultimately his poke game and kinda one-sidedness turned me off to him. When you watch, say, 4-5 good Shaheens play, they all just look pretty similar. I dunno, I like being able to really "own" a character and Shaheen just wasnt for me because of that.. The lack of pokes I wasnt huge on either.. but ff3 or wr3 or step3 is a swaggy ass launcher/ender... even if its not the best option.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I spent a little time with Shaheen and still really like him.. Solid damage and a super easy gameplan, but ultimately his poke game and kinda one-sidedness turned me off to him. When you watch, say, 4-5 good Shaheens play, they all just look pretty similar. I dunno, I like being able to really "own" a character and Shaheen just wasnt for me because of that.. The lack of pokes I wasnt huge on either.. but ff3 or wr3 or step3 is a swaggy ass launcher/ender... even if its not the best option.
I suck at the fc slide right now or I am doing it to slow because everyone blocks the bastard since its so obvious that's what I am trying. I am gonna play him for maybe a couple more days but as of right now he does not fit my play style. It sucks because athletically I like him and his design just not his pokes or 10-12f punishes.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
So i tried my Raven and my Xiao against this Feng player, got bodied, then he said he would easily do the same to my Jin, i told "now you're pushing it"

Since it was ft5, he was winning 2-4 so i just took the fight to him seriously and this is what happened:

Quit being a scrub and upload some online gameplay :)

EntropicByDesign

I suck at the fc slide right now or I am doing it to slow because everyone blocks the bastard since its so obvious that's what I am trying. I am gonna play him for maybe a couple more days but as of right now he does not fit my play style. It sucks because athletically I like him and his design just not his pokes or 10-12f punishes.

yeah, that slide is a bitch for some reason. Super easy to see if you dont segue into it with some move than can cancel into sand step and even then..

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
yeah, that slide is a bitch for some reason. Super easy to see if you dont segue into it with some move than can cancel into sand step and even then..
Yeah I got the execution now, I thought I could do it faster and it never came out. Yeah, I need to find something to mask the inputs of it I usually will SS then slide or fake the motion and then go for ws,4 god I love that move so good.

EntropicByDesign

Yeah I got the execution now, I thought I could do it faster and it never came out. Yeah, I need to find something to mask the inputs of it I usually will SS then slide or fake the motion and then go for ws,4 god I love that move so good.

Nice. Thats why I play Steve and Feng.. With Feng, christ knows what he's doing. Is it a jab? Or is he having some kind of fit? Is it one low, two? thirteen? No one knows. Not even me! yay! and as Steve.. I mean, mind games? Nah. Punish? Whats that? Ima just throw punches homie and one of us is going down. 121212121212121212121212121212121212

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Nice. Thats why I play Steve and Feng.. With Feng, christ knows what he's doing. Is it a jab? Or is he having some kind of fit? Is it one low, two? thirteen? No one knows. Not even me! yay! and as Steve.. I mean, mind games? Nah. Punish? Whats that? Ima just throw punches homie and one of us is going down. 121212121212121212121212121212121212
I hate feng players lol, the good ones are ok but the lower lvl ones just throw out the most random shit.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Seriously wtf is up with people in ranked at lower lvl, I don't wanna scream some sort of lag switch but god damn the shit is crazy. This shit doesn't happen in quick match.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Seriously wtf is up with people in ranked at lower lvl, I don't wanna scream some sort of lag switch but god damn the shit is crazy. This shit doesn't happen in quick match.
I fought some King player this weekend who every time I started a juggle it lagged, in the neutral it lagged, but the instant he hit me it played perfectly for him to complete his combo, then lagged again when I launched him. He was not good at all to have a Vindicator rank. Probably the most blatant sign of cheating I have seen so far.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I fought some King player this weekend who every time I started a juggle it lagged, in the neutral it lagged, but the instant he hit me it played perfectly for him to complete his combo, then lagged again when I launched him. He was not good at all to have a Vindicator rank. Probably the most blatant sign of cheating I have seen so far.
Yeah man, that is exactly whats happening to me. It literally never happens in quick match but once i start rank the shit goes buck fucking wild.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Lmao im also at Vindicator rank and im also not good. ;)

Thou i dont use that dammit how it was called? (lag router, master5k or smtg).

today Ive faced for the first time a panda player, it was such a funny match with some cool moments.
sent him a GG msg
received a hatemail, dem

Best combo in the game = Deathfist (wallsplat) Ragedrive Deathfist. 104 dmg

I also have a spare UK Eliza code if anyone wants it.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Michael Murray says the team is still trying to improve stuffs in the game, not only features training mode upgrades and reduce Input lag as much as possible.

So in a future Update expect Input Lag to go even lower.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Ok so I've yet to have anyone answer this question and I have low hopes that TYM people will but I got this weird thing where I can do King's RDC using macros 100% consistently but if I don't use macros even if my inputs are clean they only come out on specific timings. Does anyone know if there's a reason for this or am I going to have to get used to new macros?

For me it's the opposite, I always try characters in quick match before I try them in rank and it's always shit in quick match but in ranked it's all good.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Ok so I've yet to have anyone answer this question and I have low hopes that TYM people will but I got this weird thing where I can do King's RDC using macros 100% consistently but if I don't use macros even if my inputs are clean they only come out on specific timings. Does anyone know if there's a reason for this or am I going to have to get used to new macros?
People using macros should be killed on sight.

There is a method to do King's RDC consistently, req some practice, look on Aris YT. He shown how to do it consistently.