What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
The buffering window for sidesteps is gigantic. When you block the df1,1 you just tap the direction once to step left without attempting to continue into a sidewalk and you generate the whiff.
I dunno if I am just slow on the SS the 2 extension is easy but it seems you have to side walk the low.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Damn I fleshed out a parry combo while working on the SS and shaheem gets 53 for the easier and 55 for the harder, thats fucking solid.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I dunno if I am just slow on the SS the 2 extension is easy but it seems you have to side walk the low.
Oh yeah you are right I hopped on practice mode and it's like that. Stepping is enough for the mid but the low has to be walked. Both enders used to be steppable in TTT2.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
damn well if you guess on the low you can hop kick also I learned the second hit was a hit so you could ws punish the string but that just a silly guess that they wont do another df1 since its only -3......

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Something tells me they will announce more characters at EVO, markman said he was probably going to get scold by it, but he definitely hinted that there is something up at EVO.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
If you start attempting to duck the 2nd hit it basically gives the opponent a massive frame advantage to do whatever they want because you used "your turn" to duck and you have to get up as soon as you visually confirm there was no 2nd hit. Like I said I don't bother with thinking about ducking these fast mid-high strings where the 2nd hit comes out really quickly because that's exactly what they want you to do and they always have the mix-up option available because the first hit recovers so quickly. If someone is constantly abusing a string like this and you are dead certain they will do the high then duck and launch but after that they'll adjust and not abuse it as much.

Miguel can also transition into savage stance after df1 (and df1,1) so the risk for getting blown up for attempting to duck the high is too great really.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
If you start attempting to duck the 2nd hit it basically gives the opponent a massive frame advantage to do whatever they want because you used "your turn" to duck and you have to get up as soon as you visually confirm there was no 2nd hit. Like I said I don't bother with thinking about ducking these fast mid-high strings where the 2nd hit comes out really quickly because that's exactly what they want you to do and they always have the mix-up option available because the first hit recovers so quickly. If someone is constantly abusing a string like this and you are dead certain they will do the high then duck and launch but after that they'll adjust and not abuse it as much.

Miguel can also transition into savage stance after df1 (and df1,1) so the risk for getting blown up for attempting to duck the high is too great really.
Yeah I would never try to duck that string its pretty much a straight up guess and I do not want to be on the ground vs miguel.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Something tells me they will announce more characters at EVO, markman said he was probably going to get scold by it, but he definitely hinted that there is something up at EVO.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
This is seriously the most fun I have ever had with a fighting game.

Just started playing against a dude that pretty much helped me learn the game from complete noob. I used to be able to win maybe 2/20 vs him for years. Now I am able to win consitantly 40% of our matches. While not amazing but being able to gauge your progress is so fucking rewarding.

And fuck asuka unblockable setups at the wall god damn lol. King is a also a beast.

Getting chickens now more often is cool as shit I'm glad they kept the mechanic.
Tekken is the best 3d game . VF is the most technical and acurrate one . i play tekken since tekken 3 so im a bit bored of the game . i stop playing tekken since tekken 6 because of those stupid wall combos and stage transitions And now they added specials and ha do kens and and stuff . keep it simple .

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Tekken is the best 3d game . VF is the most technical and acurrate one . i play tekken since tekken 3 so im a bit bored of the game . i stop playing tekken since tekken 6 because of those stupid wall combos and stage transitions And now they added specials and ha do kens and and stuff . keep it simple .
You spelled Soul Calibur wrong but Tekken is tight :D

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I took a walk away from online Tekken. Had to breathe and cool down on the yoloness. The net code is low tier dumpster levels.

Went to I2. More yoloness. But better online connections except the Wi-Fi issues. I dislike Wi-Fi users with a passion. I'm over i2 for the moment. Glad to see so many high level Kazumi mains and knee's Feng & Bryan looks super crisp.

Just when I thought I was out. Tekken pulls me back in.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I just started watching the EVO stream. Man I love Twitch chats, everyone goes in super hard on hating everything there is to hate. Someone picks Jack and the whole chat blows up with #ResidentSleeper :D

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I really hate ketchup and mustard commentary in NRS games and now they in my Tekken.

Edit:FFS Spooky and Aris been on other channel god damn.

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
On my way home, anyone interested in games on PC in about an hour maybe an hour and a half? I am a complete noob. Despite being around the thread for a while and having the game I really haven't played it hardly at all outside of a little practice mode messing around and a few games every great great once in a while. Just haven't had the time and mental motivation to really Dive In. But I need to.

I will probably play a few characters. Dragunov, Feng and Steve.

Also, I got the color changing hair for Dragunov yesterday. I wish I could find it for Steve.

HapHaxion

"Knowledge" - Taio Cruz
Hey everyone, I've done a lot of internet searching and I can't seem to find any matchups charts/numbers/data for Kuma/Panda, Eddy, Kazumi, Miguel, and Eliza. Anyone have any links to charts or numbers, or any good or bad matchups off the top of your head? Thanks!

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
SOMEONE MADE TOP 8 WITH LUCKY CHLOE/EDDY?!!! I NEED TO MEET THE MAN NAMED JEONDDING!
WTF? WITH TWO OF MY MAINS ALREADY? BRING THE FUCKING VIDEO!

Back to topic...

Since I'm new to the competitive version of Tekken, I need some protips from anyone who's experienced.

I played a bit with my friends, and with ganondeurf (Evil Jin). I noticed some stuff, and I want to share them with you, since I'm inexperienced.

1) How to avoid the throws? I noticed that my buddy avoided the throws.
2) Any way to get away from the walls, when down? Thanks to this, I'm being OKI'ed.
3) How do you deal against the rising uppercuts? I have seen that they're a low attack to high, but I need to work with my low guard.

Any tips would be appreciated. I need to improve myself here as soon as possible. Finished training with Eddy, and my next training is with Lucky Chloe.