What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Just a reminder a 3 bar josie is the most obnoxious fucking thing in the world. Literally never has to stop pressing buttons no one gonna interrupt or punish that shit.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Just a reminder a 3 bar josie is the most obnoxious fucking thing in the world. Literally never has to stop pressing buttons no one gonna interrupt or punish that shit.
Not really, its the same with 4 and 5 bars even. You just need to duck the high extension / interrupt before the another hit comes out. If you dont, they just gonna press buttons until you die and yeah you will die. And if youre late you gonna get CH launched also worth noting she has a i13 launcher from crouch, so any blocked poke thats -13 gonna get you rekt.

Last edited:

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Not really, its the same with 4 and 5 bars even. You just need to duck the high extension / interrupt before the another hit comes out. If you dont, they just gonna press buttons until you die and yeah you will die. That's Josie.
Wait your saying its not harder to interrupt Josie in a 3 bar connection, you done lost your damn mind!

I thought u said 3 bars was unplayable in this game.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Wait your saying its not harder to interrupt Josie in a 3 bar connection, you done lost your damn mind!

I thought u said 3 bars was unplayable in this game.
You missed the point. Im not saying its not harder to interrupt on 3 bar connection.

I'm saying Josie is obnoxious as fuck no matter the connection quality, even on 4-5 bars its still annoying as fuck.

3 bars is unplayable, even 4 bars is laggy sometimes.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
You missed the point. Im not saying its not harder to interrupt on 3 bar connection.

I'm saying Josie is obnoxious as fuck no matter the connection quality, even on 4-5 bars its still annoying as fuck.

3 bars is unplayable, even 4 bars is laggy sometimes.
I am more salty that every match comes up as 4 bars I accept and goes straight to 3 bars. I will take my L's happily in a 4 bar josie match which still isnt easy but fuck a 3 bar match.

TRVP6GXD

Noob
Been labing her intensively. Coz i was getting destroyed. You need to figure out the best way to deal with AoP for you character also you need to lab all your most used strings and moves to see which whiffs on her do to small hitbox and for Dragunov i cant use like half of them (even mids lol) coz they all whiff and i get rekt.

The only real weakness she has is short range on her jabs which means she cant punish certain moves that other characters can but thats not really an issue since most of them will whiff on her anyway lol.

She's manageable but annoying as fuck; definitely needs some adjustments.
For dragunov use his b4,3 this doesnt whiff and is a good punisher. Stay away from 4,1as that whiffs. His d4,1 should also work.

Immortal

Blind justice....
For dragunov use his b4,3 this doesnt whiff and is a good punisher. Stay away from 4,1as that whiffs. His d4,1 should also work.
Already figured it out, been labbing her for hours. Even b1 whiffs in certain situations lol. Thanks thou.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Just showing how many times in a row you can do these combos now, the hardest ones. by the end some -15 punish with electric, which is a lot easier too.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm actually not surprised. I don't know how to explain it but I feel like bowling was the obvious choice over volleyball. But I really hope we get a full co-op tekken force mode. 2 players is enough but 4 players would be insane.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I find myself constantly forgetting to move around and trying to play around my opponent when in reality I'm letting my opponent play around me. The game's difficulty just kind of spikes here and there until I remember I need to back up and sidestep.

Actually lost a match because I couldn't really get started and didn't remember movement until the 4th round.

I had a Tekken breakthrough.

I can now do, at least in training mode, very basic Steve BnBs
Just press buttons until you think your opponent will. Then b1. Whatever that left hook is. Then combo. Easy wins.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
proving a point, went through command list learned 1 move (standing 3) and its frame data, learned its a nh combo, tried to figure the rest while playing against smith who knows mishimas for ages.

warning, lots of -14 punishes, lots of consecutive wins

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I find myself constantly forgetting to move around and trying to play around my opponent when in reality I'm letting my opponent play around me. The game's difficulty just kind of spikes here and there until I remember I need to back up and sidestep.

Actually lost a match because I couldn't really get started and didn't remember movement until the 4th round.

Just press buttons until you think your opponent will. Then b1. Whatever that left hook is. Then combo. Easy wins.
The combo was the hard part. My execution is awful. I struggled WAY too much with the DF12~1b into the rest of the combo. I was just assuming you timed it like so many other things, and its almost timed in the way youd time a cancel in SF/INj.. I still cant figure out the damn F3, F2~f3 1 thing. I cant get it to land.. So I do > Launcher, df12~1b, D11, Dash df1+2 for right now, which depending on launcher is high 50's to high 60's midscreen. Which is more than enough to get started actually playing Steve. Which opens up my motivation to play the game in general.. Ive sat down in training mode and dicked around, but I Felt like the character I really wanted was beyond me.. so I just couldnt muster mmuch give-a-shit to start really playing.. Not now. Going to spend a couple more hours on combos just to get this down.. and then its off to the races boys.

STEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEE