What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Apparently Lucky Chloe has a F4, and after you perform that move, you can tap b, to leave her in a back turned state. Check Sample Combo #4. You don't need the second 4. Just one F4, b, done.
I'm saying I have to do a move to get to BT. Instead of just turn around.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I'm saying I have to do a move to get to BT. Instead of just turn around.
I thought everyone with BT was like that, except Yoshimitsu. I'm not sure if that's a good idea anyway, since you might spend precious frames turning around for a mixup, then get hit because your opponent is too close, and/or they attacked while you're turning around.

I dunno. You might disagree but I'd rather attack first, turn around with the hit advantage, then mixup.

Reactions: GAV

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So there's this material in the world, this shade of black... so black that it looks like a void in space. No shading, light is has no effect on it.

Vantablack:

Well in T7 you can actually make some materials this way in the color editor.

Now also in T7 Mr. Sergei Dragunov has a unique morph-suit set.

Now Mr. Sergei Dragunov's suit is one of the items that can achieve this MYSTERIOUS hue:

You can make this fucker look like a locked character and it's ridiculous in game.

Feels little cheap because it makes certain attacks hard to read since his limbs blend together when they overlap.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I thought everyone with BT was like that, except Yoshimitsu. I'm not sure if that's a good idea anyway, since you might spend precious frames turning around for a mixup, then get hit because your opponent is too close, and/or they attacked while you're turning around.

I dunno. You might disagree but I'd rather attack first, turn around with the hit advantage, then mixup.
She's got an evasive roll from BT that starts her most damaging launcher. So you could use the roll from a distance. But mainly I just find it weird she can't just plainly access a section of her moves unless she does a move previously. And I don't know if that's even the norm for Tekken. Just went through Miguel's move list and he can just enter his savage stance from neutral.

I just never heard of a stance I can't just "turn on".

So there's this material in the world, this shade of black... so black that it looks like a void in space. No shading, light is has no effect on it.

Vantablack:

Now Mr. Sergei Dragunov's suit is one of the items that can achieve this MYSTERIOUS hue:

You can make this fucker look like a locked character and it's ridiculous in game.

Feels little cheap because it makes certain attacks hard to read since his limbs blend together when they overlap.
I was wondering what crazy shit was going to come from a full color palette.

Does drag have a skin tight full body suit? :confused:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
She's got an evasive roll from BT that starts her most damaging launcher. So you could use the roll from a distance. But mainly I just find it weird she can't just plainly access a section of her moves unless she does a move previously. And I don't know if that's even the norm for Tekken. Just went through Miguel's move list and he can just enter his savage stance from neutral.

I just never heard of a stance I can't just "turn on".

I was wondering what crazy shit was going to come from a full color palette.

Does drag have a skin tight full body suit? :confused:
Yes but it's actually a really badass looking skeleton design over it, I just made it all the blackest of the black.

armani

Noob
lol I traded in SFV for T7. horrible piece of shitcakey ass game lol so far I think I'm going to stick with my classic legacy characters, lili & nina and then learn eliza (cause of the swaggy combos)

if I wasn't having so much fun with Harley in Injustice I probably would be dropping that game too but I can't man lols

I've added a lot of you guys from this thread on PSN but I've been labbing like crazy since the game launched, I'll be sure to get some games in soon! for those who haven't added me yet, the ID is armvni

Reactions: GAV

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Can anyone recommend me a decent cheap video card. Im tired of this crappy ps4 version. Im gonna get the steam version but need to upgrade my pc.
for AMD cards, anything in the RX series that's 480 or better.
for nVidia, 1060 is the equivalent but if you have the budget for a 1070 go for it.

We need some more US steam players!! I only got to play @Gesture Required Ahead which has a very impressive early Asuka, ggs man!
Pretty much my first set vs someone who had an idea on how to play the game. I literally knew nothing of the neutral before then. But yea we'd appreciate more PC players.

Immortal

Blind justice....

Vantablack:

I've been killing scrubs yesterday in ranked with this color change, making them salty beyond believe. It's great. :D

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
GGs @SaltShaker.

In a completely unrelated manner, I've decided I'm switching from LC and I need some help picking a character. I don't know what playstyle I'm looking for. In previous Tekkens I liked Jack, Law, and Baek. I've narrowed it down to these characters. Any help is appreciated.

Miguel, Lili, Katarina, or Shaheen?

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Man Akuma is feeling good. Only problem that i have is connecting 2 and b1 after df1xxFADC. Any tips? And Heihachi feels like home. EWGF is life

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Red Flag to anyone playing on PS4PRO or PS4, reduce the resolution to 720p, the game is less laggier and way faster, less dropped combos and more accuracy.

Aramonde

Noob
So i bought the game today and this is my first Tekken and i gotta say MAN THE WALK SPEED SO SUPER SLOW!!! So you just dash all the time?

Vantablack:

How did you make that? :eek:

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
did up a thang regarding the throw game

if only the throw game was beautiful, simple, and elegant like virtua fighter

I miss you vf :(
Great vid, man!
Just a couple of unique grabs off the top of my head that you'd wanna keep an eye out for are:

• Marshall's F2+3, which has him extending his leg to grab you
  • King's Giant Swing, which despite him extending both arms forward demands a 1 break
  • Feng when back turned. When back turned, Feng has access to a 50 damage command grab (must be broken with 1+2), but he can perform his 1+3 and 2+4 command grabs as well. What makes this exceptional is that all three of these grabs have him extending both his arms out like a 1+2 style command grab, so it's a true guessing game.