What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

It's not a bug.

Set first AI action to stand, set the 2nd AI action to guard all. This way you can determine which strings are natural combos (NC). Set the player counterhit on or do a ki charge (1+2+3+4) and then do the same string to determine if it's a natural counterhit combo (NCC).
So the combo counter in training mode is just a load of shit?

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
So the combo counter in training mode is just a load of shit?
Basically yes. Asuka's db4/leg cutter into the high launcher is an NCC, so it only launches on counterhit. However if you do 2 leg cutters in a row into the high launcher, your opponent gets launched if he doesn't low parry or block the 2nd low, so the 2nd low into the high is a natural combo. D3+4 only launches on counterhit or if you hit your opponent in the back.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Db4 is trash though, only do the first hit, then backdash or sidestep to see if your opponent sticks out anything, then punish the whiff with f2 or 1+2. Anyone who isn't trash or stoned will low parry the 2nd low and duck under the high and you'll get punished severely.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Interesting. I just read in like two reviews of T7 that training mode was bugged/not working correctly in some way. So it sounds like it is working correctly but the game is just so complicated that training mode sometimes just shrugs and says "fuck if I know homie, I can't keep up with all this stuff"

Hey guys, haven't picked up tekken just yet, since injustice is still so new. I plan on it but until then, I have one major question, how's the input system?

I know there are strings and the notations sound similar. I want to know if you have to dial in strings to hit confirm in the same way you have to in injustice often times. Any other detail is appreciated.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Hey guys, haven't picked up tekken just yet, since injustice is still so new. I plan on it but until then, I have one major question, how's the input system?

I know there are strings and the notations sound similar. I want to know if you have to dial in strings to hit confirm in the same way you have to in injustice often times. Any other detail is appreciated.
You cant really compare NRS inputs to Namco inputs. Yes you have strings/jabs in Tekken which you can and should hit confirm since if you commit some of them are unsafe but it doesn't feel like any NRS game to be honest. I like it a lot more than the fucked up bufor window in NRS which gives you miss inputs often, here nothing like this happen. In short - its good.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
You must be talking about the 1+4 series. Easiest way to deal with it is to mash a full crouch low or a dick jab if you fail to duck after the initial hits. While standing launching the string requires precision and great reflexes.

Edit: at some point you are jailed if you don't duck the high extensions, then you have to take the 50/50 on the ender, the low launches and staggers, the mid is like -14 with a lot of pushback and wallsplats on hit. I don't exactly remember the particulars so you might want to lab it yourself instead of mashing dick jabs.
She twirls a bunch and it ends in a 50/50 or 50/50/50 seemed like there were different end points. Anyways I was ducking certain stuff but I got knocked out of the air and got up thinking she went off axis. Only to have that weird camera spin and her smooth ass twirl confuse the shit out of me as I get KO'd cause Asuka is just homing in swinging all her limbs.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Yeah I did. It does seem like an odd thing to do but I think considering that in TTT2 they made it easier to get out of the stun, it was not really worth doing it anymore. Does it at least wallsplat?
Yeah, it knocks them slightly away on counterhit. Not as far as Demoman or FF2:1, but still a decent push away. It'll give you a wallsplat a moderate distance away from a wall. I wonder if its properties on regular hit were changed.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
She twirls a bunch and it ends in a 50/50 or 50/50/50 seemed like there were different end points. Anyways I was ducking certain stuff but I got knocked out of the air and got up thinking she went off axis. Only to have that weird camera spin and her smooth ass twirl confuse the shit out of me as I get KO'd cause Asuka is just homing in swinging all her limbs.
You should of liked my post pages back where I said "fuck Asuka" and this would not be happening to you.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Fuck Asuka and her dumb dmg output of pretty much anything.

Played a long set with a dude who is good with her, we went mostly even it ended like 48-44 for him but my god the dmg output on her is fucking ridiculous. Its 50 sometimes even over 50% of pretty much any launcher (and she got quite a lot of those). I have no problem blocking her stuff and crushing low starters for the most part but my god that dmg............

Okay enough of whining - i need to level up.

Last edited:

Aramonde

Noob
You know what im going to get this game despite the PS4 online issues. Injustice gets me so angry because of the ridiculous dumb shit some characters have. I'll come back when these characters are toned down or Brainiac gets buffed.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
It's not a bug.

Set first AI action to stand, set the 2nd AI action to guard all. This way you can determine which strings are natural combos (NC). Set the player counterhit on or do a ki charge (1+2+3+4) and then do the same string to determine if it's a natural counterhit combo (NCC).
Oh no! Not-a-Fin-rand!
That never gets old. Its to the point that I read your name as Smoke-a-Fin-rand.