What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
What I might do, is just buy the same arcade stick (HORI, RAP V) for PS4, mod it with the same joystick (Seimitsu L-32) and have that available, so I can Get Rekt at the local level on demand. That way, I won't have to worry abut a Brooks board not working, and if these XBOX clans have decent players carried over from T6 and Tag2, buying an entire other console may be unnecessary for many years.

I do have the space for one, but why buy into PSN and XBL every year, if I'm going to use one more than the other? I could just say "screw that" buy an XBOX ONE S for that space and call it a day.

Since everyone will probably be labbing characters I'd say lab Asuka, Lili, Law and Eddy first. These characters are rampant and the players are terrible.
Ooooo, good point.

Okay. Noted.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Also, fuuuuck these stupid story mode battles with infinite armor on all their moves and shit. It's also stupid that supers instant kill you and you have to repeat both rounds.
Injustice 2 has this shit with multiverse bosses too, whoever thought infinite armor is dope needs to be fired.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I had it all planned out. Week off beginning today and Tekken all next week. Then the classic the other driver is really sick and I'm in all next week including today.

But Tekken 7 is here so I'm happy. No exploding dotrito bags anymore. Just thunderous strikes I'll be reigning down upon my hitbox & TE stick. Eventually.

Let us rejoice for years we've waited and the time is upon us.

Asuka & Bryan. Can't wait.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Isn't Asuka like a Japanese Tomboy Schoolgirl? How could anyone want to main her? I struggle to see the appeal compared to a Blonde, sexy as hell, Assassin called "Nina", or a huge Wrestler wearing a leopard mask who calls himself "King".
Each to their own I guess :)

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Isn't Asuka like a Japanese Tomboy Schoolgirl? How could anyone want to main her? I struggle to see the appeal compared to a Blonde, sexy as hell, Assassin called "Nina", or a huge Wrestler wearing a leopard mask who calls himself "King".
She is probably the easiest character to play in the game.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
The Tekken community is ridden with waifu enthusiasts and all kinds of manginas. You may not see them discussing actual gameplay but rather talk about Lili's dress and what not LMAO.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm taking a 3 days weekend just so I can put at least 20-25 hours in. Can't work. All I can think about is getting home and playing. Labbing. Vs'ing my friends. I feel like I'm gonna explode!!!!!!!!

#BuffJosie

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
The "waifu" talk is whatever. It's hilarious and... a little sad if you're looking at it seriously, but it's not serious for most people, I'm guessing.

Do I care if Nina, or Asuka or wtf is her name? The Brazilian with the boobs? I can't believe I'm blanking on her name!

Anyway, they're polygons! Wtf cares, at the end of the day? They're3D rendered models, not people.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Do I care if Nina, or Asuka or wtf is her name? The Brazilian with the boobs? I can't believe I'm blanking on her name!
KATARINA ALVES.

I actually had to go look it up. That's how much I care about an attractive video game character, which is to say, not much.

You obviously never been a part of Tekken community than. :) Its often discussed more than the actual gameplay over there. Some are for laughs, some are serious.
Well, some people are seriously deep into their soap operas, so who am I to judge? Mom dukes was on the "Dynasty" train for a very long time. In this case, the characters are being portrayed by voice actors and CGI Models, but it's good enough to get ppl invested.

I say have at it.

I care naught about your lore. Gimme good gameplay and competition. That is all.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I am sure everyone who has watched Tekken streams knows who "Gayfetus" is and what he talks about. I still haven't blocked him because I think all the cringe worthy stuff you see on Twitch is there to test you and through surviving it without responding to it or blocking it, you become stronger emotionally and mentally :D

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I am sure everyone who has watched Tekken streams knows who "Gayfetus" is and what he talks about.
Actually no, but since you mentioned it, I'm going to avoid that stream at all costs.

Aaaand since I just spent a part of my day talking about how "I don't care about lore", I'm gonna go to Wikipedia and read up on Sergei Dragunov, just because he's interesting and I'm really curious.

(it was a short read).

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Actually no, but since you mentioned it, I'm going to avoid that stream at all costs.

Aaaand since I just spent a part of my day talking about how "I don't care about lore", I'm gonna go to Wikipedia and read up on Sergei Dragunov, just because he's interesting and I'm really curious.

(it was a short read).
Isn't he just a Russian Army General? Don't think he really has any lore?

@Smoke_Of_Finland you play with a PS4 pad right? And you can pull of EWGF's easily and consistently?
I just keep seeing EVERYWHERE that I NEED an arcade stick/hitbox to learn the movement well in this game but I really want to stick with my PS4 (thinking of getting a converter actually and using PS2 pad).

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

@Smoke_Of_Finland you play with a PS4 pad right? And you can pull of EWGF's easily and consistently?
I just keep seeing EVERYWHERE that I NEED an arcade stick/hitbox to learn the movement well in this game but I really want to stick with my PS4 (thinking of getting a converter actually and using PS2 pad).
One of my closest friends I've played in Tekken since 2004, and he's used PS4 pad's and fight pads the entire time, and he main's Jin. He pulls it off 9.9/10 times so I think it's just practice like anything else.

I want to talk about Lili's dress.
All female characters > Lili -.-

Immortal

Blind justice....
I want to talk about Lili's dress.
You should look at Ninas dress.

Play with whatever feels right for you. You can be great Tekken player with pad only. I on other hand started with PC ages ago, so pad never felt right for me so i went for hitbox as soon as it was made. Its' pretty much a keyboard with less buttons and i immediately felt like home with it. Very little adjustment, so now i play on hitbox when on PS4 and i usually just go with keyboard on PC since both are so similar.