What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
@Azarashi Elder sorry didn't mean to tag you; noob :)
What country are you from? Maybe we can learn together.

Also you NEED to watch Combo Breaker Grand Final man, like it's a necessity, it's really good
Oh, I'll get to the finals soon. No rush.

I watched Aris commentate pools with Spooky and I just started watching Top 24. I wanna savor that high level Tekken play. Besides, I don't expect any less from those two than every time they meet in tournament, but I'm sure it was a good match.

As for my country of Origin, I was born and reside in the Eastern part of the United States. Unfortunately, I'm an XBOX Live exclusive, and my contract doesn't expire until 2018.

I might pay the termination fee though, if Tekken becomes a ghost town on my platform! Let's hope not.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Me?

A "Tekken Pro"?

HehehehehehehahahahahahahHAH!

I'm a newborn Tekken babe! A Tekken toddler. A n00-Bie. I'll be on the same page as you come release day.

But I have good news all! My Seimitsu Joystick got over here from China early! I'm picking it up from the Post Office today! So I'll be on the Korean Backdash grind immediately after the 2nd. Yays!
I watched Knee play for almost 2 hours one day so I'll probably win Evo this year. :p

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I like flashy and cool combos, and Injustice 2 is fun and all but every character has the same looking combos (b3/f3 into jump attack, into hard knockdown).
I'm surprised I don't hear this complaint more often.

I second this. No fighter has ever gotten me as salty as losing in long sets in Tekken. I once bit the wiring off my old fightpad in pure rage during a set lol.
What. The. Fuck.

I wish Tekken 7 had a better sense of when to release the game.

I wanna play it, I really do. I just wanna play inj2 more :( I need more hours in a day.
Or maybe it's the perfect time since it'll eventually take you away from injustice 2.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
New changes
Jin EWHF launches BT players now, something he couldn't do in FR version, if you get BT'd and he eletrics ya getting launched (buff)
Power Crush launches higher against BT players giving full juggle combos, but the damage is small (still a buff)

Reactions: GAV

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang @Smoke_Of_Finland @Azarashi Elder
@Immortal
Three questions for you Tekken Pro's, if you could answer them that would be awesome!

1. Is Lars still classified as like bottom 3 character? He's visually my favourite looking character but don't want to get too interested in him if he's really bad.

2. Will I be able to learn the mechanics (ie. Korean Back Dash, combos, Punishes, Frames, Throws) to an intermediate/average level in under a year?
I played every Tekken ever made but only at a casual level so have no idea of frames or competitive play.

3. Is King a super execution heavy character? I remember when I played always trying to do his massive throw combos and it was impossible since it made you press like every button at once as well as about 5 directional inputs lol. I really like him but don't want to have to learn all those buttons.

Anyways, if you could find the time to answer any of these, even if it's only a short response, would be greatly appreciated.
1. That's the thing about tekken, even the most strongest moves are all counterables due the general system mechanics, the tier list really has little to no meaning in Tekken, if you have seen JDCR Heihachi's losing to Saint's Jack-7 which is low tier.

2. Thats entirely up to you and your time investment in the game, as i said on a few threads a while back, Tekken its a game that you're better off learning at your own pace, if you want to play competitively you gotta start somewhere, i started on TTT2 and still learning, though i'm half better than i was when i started for sure, according to Knee and JDCR an average Korean player takes 2 years to git gud in tekken, and that's playing extensively at the arcades almost every day.

3. Yes he is, that's the rule of tekken strong options may require some labbing or extra work to learn, its hard to find super stupid character with moves so easy to execute ala Alien in Tekken harder rewarding characters or those who can impose a dominance in space control comes from lots of execution work as trade off i.e mishimas, King with 50-50 throws, Nina loops, lee loops kazuya i13 punishments with eletrics etc etc.
In the end pick the character that you feel the most comfort playing and level up from there.

I started playing Tekken with paul and i used to do death fists all day, on fergus guide he says Lars is a good character to start learning the game with since he is versatile fundamentals based and the best of all he is easy to use

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Can't wait its getting so close! I have zero friends to play on steam kinda bummed and lack of crossplay still pisses me off. Probably gonna purchase in the morning but it sucks I go to work when the game goes live, fuck 3rd shift!

Immortal

Blind justice....
Yeah we all see in it, many times already :) Great set and even thou TanuKana lost, she finished 3rd place overall and her Xiaoyu is nothing short of amazing. Tekken 7 at CB was absolutely bonkers, people were like jumping out of their seats. Nothing like Inj2 where half of the people almost fell a sleep. You actually can hear Tekken crowd on Injustice stream lmao.

DeftMonk

Noob
As excited as I am for T7, I'm befuddled by Lei Wulong and Julia Chan's omission from the roster.
what the...lei wu long isnt in the game???I may be in the minority here but I woulda been way more cool with them axeing Alisa. Hate that character.

Reactions: GAV