What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
So where the Tekken lovers at? There's a Tekken 7 arcade machine 30min from my house, I'm here right now, so it might be a wrap for me.

Oh yea, discuss all things Tekken.
I'm all about Tekken. It was the game that introduced me to 3D fighters after being stuck on MK & SF for so long (MK4 redefined bad). I love it and I've been playing ever since. The only one I missed was Tekken 6, but I hit TTT2 really hard afterwards. It's releasing in 7 hours and I'm stupid hyped. Msg me on XBL or PSN @ Jay Rupp for games.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think I'll stick to trying out LC, Miguel, Jack. Final answer.

@Smoke_Of_Finland thank you for the response man, I will keep it up with my PS4 pad, I wanted to learn Nina but everyone on this forum has pretty much said she has the hardest execution in the game and that's not something I want to start off learning the game with lol :)
The hori fighting commander (actually the FC5) is a great pad. I've been using it since I got SFV and I'll try to keep with it for tekken. It really doesn't make anything better for tekken since it's a 4 button fighter but I prefer the dpad on it to the traditional DS4. And it has 4 shoulder buttons as well as 6 face buttons. No touchpad though.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I'm all about Tekken. It was the game that introduced me to 3D fighters after being stuck on MK for so long (as a kid). I love it and I've been playing ever since. The only one I missed was Tekken 6, but I hit TTT2 really hard afterwards. It's releasing in 7 hours and I'm stupid hyped.
7 hours? What? I thought its like 1 hour globally.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm all about Tekken. It was the game that introduced me to 3D fighters after being stuck on MK & SF for so long (MK4 redefined bad). I love it and I've been playing ever since. The only one I missed was Tekken 6, but I hit TTT2 really hard afterwards. It's releasing in 7 hours and I'm stupid hyped. Msg me on XBL or PSN @ Jay Rupp for games.
I almost forgot this whole thread started with that post lol. Might have to make a tags thread or something soon.

I think I'll stick to trying out LC, Miguel, Jack. Final answer.

The hori fighting commander (actually the FC5) is a great pad. I've been using it since I got SFV and I'll try to keep with it for tekken. It really doesn't make anything better for tekken since it's a 4 button fighter but I prefer the dpad on it to the traditional DS4. And it has 4 shoulder buttons as well as 6 face buttons. No touchpad though.
I think the fight pad helps with Tekken. When I don't play stick I play the Hori FC5, and I play with 6 face buttons and 2 back buttons. So if I'm playing Asuka, I have 1+4 and 2+3 set on the top face, and 1+2 and 3+4 on the back trigger and find it by far the best setup. For me at least lol.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
So the plan for today is.....

12:00 lunch time rush down to the shop to pick up t7 and something i can eat while driving. Drive home as fast a possible and start the install then back to work:mad:.

But when i get home that bad boy will be ready to go:D

Man, I've never played Tekken but the fights look hype. I'm guessing it's not an easy game to get into coming from NRS though.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
YO...

The game's already on my hard drive, just chillin'. I just can't access it until midnight tonight. Even the XBOX store says ''This product is installed.'' Talk about ''on disc DLC''!

DAMN YOU! YOU BRICK AND MORTAR, MOM AND POP SHOPS AND YOU'RE SHITTY RELEASE DATES! I BOUGHT MY SHIT IN ADVANCE! WHY THE F%&% I GOTTA WAIT FOR YOU?

Alright, alright, I'm okay. My bad.

I just... got a little salty there.

I can wait... Surely.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Man, I've never played Tekken but the fights look hype. I'm guessing it's not an easy game to get into coming from NRS though.
Come scrub it up with me and a few other users here. And some people on TYM are actually extremely knowledgeable and are willing to help at the price of stomping you with oki.

FINALLY ON MY WAY HOME TO THE SYMBOL OF EXCELLENCE. THE SYMBOL OF A HIGHER POWER THAT AWAITS ME. THE DEITY THAT HAS BEEN AWAITING MY ARRIVAL FOR 10 HOURS WILL FINALLY BE EMBRACED!!!! I WONT BE BACK UNTIL AT LEAST 5 HOURS FROM NOW WHEN I TAKE A QUICK BREAK TO EAT, BATHROOM, CHECK THE SITE, AND GO BACK ON.

HYPE LEVEL: IMPLOSION

Does the emperor have your account?

YO...

The game's already on my hard drive, just chillin'. I just can't access it until midnight tonight. Even the XBOX store says ''This product is installed.'' Talk about ''on disc DLC''!

DAMN YOU! YOU BRICK AND MORTAR, MOM AND POP SHOPS AND YOU'RE SHITTY RELEASE DATES! I BOUGHT MY SHIT IN ADVANCE! WHY THE F%&% I GOTTA WAIT FOR YOU?

I can wait... Surely.
How do you think I feel? My game is sitting at a warehouse not far and I have to wait a while day simply because of release dates. I cam only watch others enjoy it for so long.

Come scrub it up with me and a few other users here. And some people on TYM are actually extremely knowledgeable and are willing to help at the price of stomping you with oki.

Does the emperor have your account?

How do you think I feel? My game is sitting at a warehouse not far and I have to wait a while day simply because of release dates. I cam only watch others enjoy it for so long.
I wish, don't have the money though.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
It's definitely not an NRS game. It's created by Bandai Namco. The same folks that published Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1-3, Bloodborne, and Soul Calibur. Anything FG related coming from them is usually a win. It's by far the most technical fighter available and will take time to learn. But isn't that part of what makes fighting games so fun?

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
This game runs amazing on PC not cpu heavy if anyone besides me had that concern. A lower end gpu could more then likely run it no problem.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
YO...

I can wait... Surely.
Just a few more hours. Just a few more hours.

Ive waited since 2015. 2015. That's... Thats a really long time ago. 2015.

It's ok. A few more hours.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
My muscle memory is getting bodied by all these Tailspin moves, its balls for me right now lol. Game is fucking amazing though holy shit looks and sounds so good on PC.

Reactions: GAV

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm literally 4 hours away, will going to take a bath now, and sleep for 2 more, then i will dress for work and at 6AM i will play the game for an hour.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Playing on PC.

Been so long since I have actually touched Tekken for more then a match or two.
I remember jack shit about this game.

Kinda disappointed in the PC visuals and load times, but it's not too bad I guess.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Playing on PC.

Been so long since I have actually touched Tekken for more then a match or two.
I remember jack shit about this game.

Kinda disappointed in the PC visuals and load times, but it's not too bad I guess.
How does it sound?