What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

I started downloading after I got home from work and it just finished a few hours ago, man I'm sooo hype!!
BTW does anyone know if Leo is a beginner friendly character?

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I started downloading after I got home from work and it just finished a few hours ago, man I'm sooo hype!!
I think Leo would be a perfectly fine character to learn t7 with. I do not know if he\she got nerfs\buffs in t7 but he\she is super solid overall.

I don't know if Leo is a trap or not lol.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
According to Fergus's guide she is, and Easy execution-wise. That's one of the reasons why I'm going to play her. And I just think she's cool.

I need to steal her clothing designer...

I'd be the flyest old man in town!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
edit: I know zero frame data in this game lol, seems like everyone knows everything about every move. I got left behind :(
On tekken Discord there is a Bot named combot, that lets you consult frame data on a go, you just need to input the character name and the command, we're not geniuses here.

To find out Jin could CDS1+2 after blocking B1 it was because i've seen a jin player doing it.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
On tekken Discord there is a Bot named combot, that lets you consult frame data on a go, you just need to input the character name and the command, we're not geniuses here.

To find out Jin could CDS1+2 after blocking B1 it was because i've seen a jin player doing it.
I liked it better when I thought you guys knew everything, FRAUDS!!

Ah that is pretty cool though, they had that in the SFV discords.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Ok so, story mode is alright. Not NRS tier but it's an improvement, very similar to injustice 1 story mode style imo but it's done from a reporter's POV. Length-wise is similar to injustice 2. Finished both in less than 4 hours. Akumer is a lot more relevant to the story than I expected.

Costumization sucks, idk if I'm missing something but apparently you cant adjust the hair styles anymore, like if I put on the Cloud Strife looking hair I can't add/adjust bangs or add a ponytail or anything like that. Tops are also one layer so no shirt then added jacket or anything like that.

Also idk if its just my eyes decieving me but the graphics look worse than the arcade version, kind of similar to the downgrade that happened with tekken 6's arcade to console switch.

Making Chloe have no tail is an item you have to buy, not expensive but it ticked me a little bit coz otherwise she has a tail on with any bottoms she wears...

Gameplay wise the game's great though so far lol.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Also idk if its just my eyes decieving me but the graphics look worse than the arcade version, kind of similar to the downgrade that happened with tekken 6's arcade to console switch.
That's probably not you. It was confirmed that T7 runs at 900p on the base PS4. If you have a PS4 Pro, you're able to kick it up to 4K. XBOX specs are unconfirmed, but I'd expect 900p at best 720p at worst, unless we're talking about the XBOX ONE S, which can upscale it, again to 4K.

Obviously, if you got it on Steam, just adjust your PC settings.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Ok so, story mode is alright. Not NRS tier but it's an improvement, very similar to injustice 1 story mode style imo but it's done from a reporter's POV. Length-wise is similar to injustice 2. Finished both in less than 4 hours. Akumer is a lot more relevant to the story than I expected.

Costumization sucks, idk if I'm missing something but apparently you cant adjust the hair styles anymore, like if I put on the Cloud Strife looking hair I can't add/adjust bangs or add a ponytail or anything like that. Tops are also one layer so no shirt then added jacket or anything like that.

Making Chloe have no tail is an item you have to buy, not expensive but it ticked me a little bit coz otherwise she has a tail on with any bottoms she wears...

Gameplay wise the game's great though so far lol.
If youre playing on PS4 / Xbox One version than the graphics is worse than the arcade version. To be more precise, resolution is lower -> both 900p vs 1080p.

PS4 Pro version is equal to Arcade version with 1080p resolution.

PC version is on totally different level with native 4K resolution support and on top of that you can set character resolution to 200% which makes it look even better (thou req. a top end GPU). It looks amazing.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
That's hella ass. I waited all this time for early 2017 only to get a bootleg looking Tekken 7...

Might get it on steam if it doesnt turn out to be a shitty port.

Immortal

Blind justice....
That's hella ass. I waited all this time for early 2017 only to get a bootleg looking Tekken 7...

PC version is great, been playing it for almost a week. Visually there is no contest here (if you have good enough rig).

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!

What can I say, but blame the shitty consoles?

A lot of the games on console that are 1080p natively, run at 30 FPS, which won't do for a fighting game. PC is where you're going to get the best graphics possible, and it's been that way for quite a while. 1080p, 60FPS is something consoles haven't done at all in the past and they're still chasing it to this day.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
PS4 will have the most players as well as the most experienced players. Small resolution drop is totally irrelevant as long as the game runs smoothly and the loading times are bearable.
For you and other competitive players, yes. There are still plenty of casual Tekken fans in it for the Lore and the Story Mode, and for those people, graphics matter.

But you actually just reminded me what I came here to report in the first place. There are Two, count 'em, 1, 2 different XBOX clans devoted to Tekken and Online Matchmaking. One of which has over 1,000 members. I just joined up, so hopefully that means ggs in the future.

Immortal

Blind justice....
PS4 will have the most players as well as the most experienced players. Small resolution drop is totally irrelevant as long as the game runs smoothly and the loading times are bearable.
Thats what annoys me the most on PS4 Pro version of Tekken 7. PC you just select fighter, stage, 3 seconds and youre in the fight. On PS4 Pro it takes a while to load... It's not terrible but annoying if you played on PC before that.

And yes obviously for competitive playing PS4 / Pro is the way to go. Thats why i got both versions.

Last edited:

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Since everyone will probably be labbing characters I'd say lab Asuka, Lili, Law and Eddy first. These characters are rampant and the players are terrible. They won't stop pressing buttons no matter what you do. Just be prepared to move out of the way or block and punish most of the launchers and crush moves. Run up and block after a short period of moving around is totally a legit strat if they actually try to move as well. Stick to compact poking and watch out for the unsafe stuff. There is no need to know about how to deal with Law's DSS custom strings just 2,2 into backturn and b4 into backturn.