What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I have looked at Nina's dress plenty.

Can't wait to play this game again. I stopped playing arcade cause work got super busy.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Than i have no idea why would you want to talk about Lili dress, since everybody knows that Nina dress > Lili dress. ;)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
That is actually true. Nina's dress is amazing. Lili's new dress kind of sucks and isn't as good as her original.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Isn't he just a Russian Army General? Don't think he really has any lore?
Yeah, he's Spetsnaz. He practices Sambo. He tried to kill Devil Jin. He's responsible for Raven's scar on his face. That's about it.

Let me take this time to commend all of you fighting game pad players. I have no idea how you do it.

So uncomfortable!

Immortal

Blind justice....
That is actually true. Nina's dress is amazing. Lili's new dress kind of sucks and isn't as good as her original.
Yeah thou there is hope, since you have a lot of customization options when it comes to looks, i didn't mess with Lili yet but im pretty sure you can have the old dress too.

Can we talk about real best waifu, Kazumi though? What a MILF.
No.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I am not sure I'd call Josie a badass. Lili is pretty dainty but I've never seen her cry when she wins.

Anyway, all these girls are old news. Katarina is new waifu.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Let me also add that I'm glad Dragunov has a light story.

All you really need to know is what he shows you.

When he crawls into the fighting arena, I want to just back away.

He's a maniac. What more do you need to know?

Cutie chicks get beat up by bad ass chicks.
BOO. Bring back Bruce ;)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I knew Seth Rollins would bring that up lol.

Yea I admit, the ONE thing I don't like about Josie is that crying after a win bs. If we can still hold down a face button to manually select the win animation like before that win pose will never once see the light of day.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Let me also add that I'm glad Dragunov has a light story.

All you really need to know is what he shows you.

When he crawls into the fighting arena, I want to just back away.

He's a maniac. What more do you need to know
He's more brutal than Bryan, he's a favourite of mine and definitely one I'll be putting time into for T7.
Any type of like Russian militant/Spetsnaz/assassin in games I always seem to like, even if they're evil.
Did he kill Raven or just scarred him?

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
If we can still hold down a face button to manually select the win animation like before that win pose will never once see the light of day.
Oh SH&^#

I REMEMBER THAT!

Oh man... you just brought me right back to Tekken 3 like, twenty years ago.

Excuse me while I go shop for prune juice.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
He's more brutal than Bryan, he's a favourite of mine and definitely one I'll be putting time into for T7.
Any type of like Russian militant/Spetsnaz/assassin in games I always seem to like, even if they're evil.
Did he kill Raven or just scarred him?
I don't know if Raven's location has been revealed yet. Maybe it's in the Tekken 7 story, or maybe @SaltShaker or one of the lore cops will find out and fill us in.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Raven pulled a Houdini. So insignificant that they didn't even care to update his status other than Master Raven stepping in to get the job done right lol.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Isn't he just a Russian Army General? Don't think he really has any lore?

@Smoke_Of_Finland you play with a PS4 pad right? And you can pull of EWGF's easily and consistently?
I just keep seeing EVERYWHERE that I NEED an arcade stick/hitbox to learn the movement well in this game but I really want to stick with my PS4 (thinking of getting a converter actually and using PS2 pad).
PS4 D-pad is excellent once it is loosened up a bit. I have been practicing almost daily for almost 2 months now after only playing very rarely the past few years and my execution has never been better. I can fully wavedash into an electric on both sides as Heihachi after a short warm up, something I struggled with on 1p side with a PS3 pad. I can hit all the Swag/big boy exclusive/non-tournament combos with Heihachi. On 2p there is nothing I can not do, on 1p side I can't really block punish until -16, but that's part execution and part a monitor issue. Of course this is all "best day, warm up, practice mode" but still I will blow people to kingdom come in real matches if they whiff anything and that's the most important thing, no dick jabs or df2's. Heihachi's electric only has like a 2 frame window to hit the last input of d,df+2 after you go to neutral after the forward input. Kazuya and Devil Jin have a 3 frame window. Df+2 still needs to be simultaneous.

Edit: If you've never played on a stick then keep using pad. Stick has the advantage of having better circular motion inputs but instant while running is harder. If you play Bryan, Nina or Paul then 2p backdash on a pad is something you will have to practice an absolute shit ton but I don't know if it'll be any easier on a stick.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
So what makes Yoshimitsu not very good? A lot of gameplay (from KaneandTrench) I'm seeing he looks fundamentally solid with the addition of unblockable gimmicks, maybe he looks weak when getting pressured, but then doesn't he have the fastest parry in the game?

@Smoke_Of_Finland thank you for the response man, I will keep it up with my PS4 pad, I wanted to learn Nina but everyone on this forum has pretty much said she has the hardest execution in the game and that's not something I want to start off learning the game with lol :)

Reactions: GAV

Immortal

Blind justice....
So what makes Yoshimitsu not very good? A lot of gameplay (from KaneandTrench) I'm seeing he looks fundamentally solid with the addition of unblockable gimmicks, maybe he looks weak when getting pressured, but then doesn't he have the fastest parry in the game?
From what i can tell Yoshi has very poor normals. His poking game is particularly weak and dmg output is below average. Also learning curve with him is pretty steep.

He is very unique has great setups and can punish things (i6 and i8) no other character can. He also has good unblockable moves and overall good oki game.

There are no bad characters in Tekken, you can make pretty much anybody work. It mostly depends on the player, thats why tier lists in Tekken while exist shouldn't be taken to seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: GAV

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Aris was talking about Yoshi and he believes this is pretty much the best Yoshi ever and the buffs to his basic tools make him finally a legit character. Yoshi's df1 has almost no tracking and he has no access to instant dick jab but he has access to an instant generic d4 which is of critical importance when you have a character whose 13 frame go-to mid is easily stepped. Flash combined with the backspins give Yoshi unique options to escape frame traps. He is not any more susceptible to rushdown than anyone else and he has better neutral than most of the dedicated poke heavy characters.

Managing Yoshi's movelist is not as complex as people make it out to be. His Kincho transitions with 1+2 after certain moves are easy to do, the stance itself and the moves out of it are OK. Dragonfly is primarily used from 3~4 to u and on oki. Flea is a shitty oki gimmick, backturn and the other meditation healing stances are gimmicks at neutral to bait your opponent in to coming in. That's pretty much it. Learning how to use Kincho initially is the most important stance. Use ub1+2 neutral 2 to tech catch and FC sword sweep. His other unblockables have situational uses you will pick up on if you watch footage of Yoshi.

Edit: Most people just suck at using Yoshi's gimmicks properly, they rely too much on the full crouch sword sweep and do dumb shit like try to do it as fast as they can when they block something that's around -9 because they think the opponent will respect the frame disadvantage and just stand there and take it. You can backdash away and let him whiff it then punish. FF4 gets punished by 12 frame lows and mids. Paul, Heihachi, Jin and Kazuya will get a proper punish on it but then you can just opt to use f1+2 which you can perform out of a dash by inputting it as a running move so you don't get fF1+2. Death copter unblockable mix-ups can easily be avoided. When you are laying on the ground, wait for Yoshi to be almost on top of you, then forward roll under him or forward roll into cross chop (hold f and mash f1+2)

Last edited: