What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
....die lmao. :D
Trust me, it will happen. Then you will realize that losing in NRS games doesn't actually feel like anything. Tekken induced salt is next level. Nothing can prepare you for it. I've never thrown my controller but the first time I fought a decent Xiaoyu in a longer set I was close, I explosively stood up from by chair and was about to sling that poor defenceless pad to the wall after she Cali rolled Bryan's fF3 to take the 5th round, but then I realized it's just a game and sat back down :D

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Man I been so caught up in INJ2 that I forgot this game is out very soon, I just watched Combo Breaker final with JDCR and Saint and man did that get me hype as fk for this game.

I like flashy and cool combos, and Injustice 2 is fun and all but every character has the same looking combos (b3/f3 into jump attack, into hard knockdown).
Seeing Dragunov and Jack 7 go hard as a motherfucker in that dojo was so exciting to watch.
I'm going to get this game next month and first characters in the lab are going to be: King, Nina, Dragunov, Whore-Rang, Raven, and probably Lee.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
It's all good.

I'd rather be salty that I lost to Gangsta Xiaoyu than salty I lost to Deadshot, when I can barely move.

I'll wait for a Princess Ling patch until the end of my days, believe me. (I actually did throw my headset after losing to Deadshot in ranked, come to think of it.)

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
Trust me, it will happen. Then you will realize that losing in NRS games doesn't actually feel like anything. Tekken induced salt is next level. Nothing can prepare you for it. I've never thrown my controller but the first time I fought a decent Xiaoyu in a longer set I was close, I explosively stood up from by chair and was about to sling that poor defenceless pad to the wall after she Cali rolled Bryan's fF3 to take the 5th round, but then I realized it's just a game and sat back down :D
Doesnt work on me. ;) I played Balanced Kenshi for 1,5 year believe me - i know a lot about salt. :D I get salty but at very worst i just take a break 30 - 60 minutes - go for a walk or smtg to clear my head and than i come back and lab that shit which killed me till i find a good solution.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I just wish Leo would yell YYEEEEEHHH!! When doing db4,1. That way I could play her/him/it only using that move and fF2. Kinda like playing Bob and only using db2 and Hellsweep for maximum JIAHHH!!!.

Kooron Nation

@Eddy Wang @Smoke_Of_Finland @Azarashi Elder
@Immortal
Three questions for you Tekken Pro's, if you could answer them that would be awesome!

1. Is Lars still classified as like bottom 3 character? He's visually my favourite looking character but don't want to get too interested in him if he's really bad.

2. Will I be able to learn the mechanics (ie. Korean Back Dash, combos, Punishes, Frames, Throws) to an intermediate/average level in under a year?
I played every Tekken ever made but only at a casual level so have no idea of frames or competitive play.

3. Is King a super execution heavy character? I remember when I played always trying to do his massive throw combos and it was impossible since it made you press like every button at once as well as about 5 directional inputs lol. I really like him but don't want to have to learn all those buttons.

Anyways, if you could find the time to answer any of these, even if it's only a short response, would be greatly appreciated.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Man I been so caught up in INJ2 that I forgot this game is out very soon, I just watched Combo Breaker final with JDCR and Saint and man did that get me hype as fk for this game.
ACH!!!

Good call Koroon... now I know who made it to the finals! >:8 (spoil much?)

Ehhh, it's alright. A JDCR/Saint showdown at the end, is pretty much expected at this point. We definitely need to see some level ups though. We don't want them to be Echo Fox I Sonic Fox unbeatable.

Immortal

Blind justice....
@Eddy Wang @Smoke_Of_Finland @Azarashi Elder
@Immortal
Three questions for you Tekken Pro's, if you could answer them that would be awesome!

1. Is Lars still classified as like bottom 3 character? He's visually my favourite looking character but don't want to get too interested in him if he's really bad.

2. Will I be able to learn the mechanics (ie. Korean Back Dash, combos, Punishes, Frames, Throws) to an intermediate/average level in under a year?
I played every Tekken ever made but only at a casual level so have no idea of frames or competitive play.

3. Is King a super execution heavy character? I remember when I played always trying to do his massive throw combos and it was impossible since it made you press like every button at once as well as about 5 directional inputs lol. I really like him but don't want to have to learn all those buttons.

Anyways, if you could find the time to answer any of these, even if it's only a short response, would be greatly appreciated.
1. He is on the weaker side, usually put in B tier from what i have seen so far.

2. If you have time and will than probably yeah. It's just a massive time investment. Of course if you have talent for fighting games, especially in fundamentals department it will take you a considerably less time than an average joe.

3. King is pretty execution heavy still. Not the toughest to learn but certainly not easy like Katarina, Leo and several others.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Then you will realize that losing in NRS games doesn't actually feel like anything. Tekken induced salt is next level. Nothing can prepare you for it.
I second this. No fighter has ever gotten me as salty as losing in long sets in Tekken. I once bit the wiring off my old fightpad in pure rage during a set lol.

He got a couple of buffs I hear, but he's still around the bottom 5ish level from early talk. He may rise, but the Top Tier Lars days appear to be over for now.

Depends on how much you play. If you're playing every day, or almost every day you'll definitely learn all of it. If you're playing twice a week for an hour then it will be very difficult.

Nah not really. In the middle I'd say. He has a couple of specific setups that the timing is a little tighter than normal, but he can be played optimal without the execution crunches of a Nina for example. He doesn't have "close your eyes" execution, but nothing too difficult that you have to spend grind time in practice to pull off.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Me?

A "Tekken Pro"?

HehehehehehehahahahahahahHAH!

I'm a newborn Tekken babe! A Tekken toddler. A n00-Bie. I'll be on the same page as you come release day.

But I have good news all! My Seimitsu Joystick got over here from China early! I'm picking it up from the Post Office today! So I'll be on the Korean Backdash grind immediately after the 2nd. Yays!

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I wish Tekken 7 had a better sense of when to release the game.

I wanna play it, I really do. I just wanna play inj2 more :( I need more hours in a day.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Don't wanna jump in the gun right now, but the nerfs are kinda obvious, he is not able to do his staple EWHF combos somehow
EWHF, whf b3~f1 the second b3 is not connecting anymore and in some characters like Jin himself the first b3 doesn't connect, either they increased the recovery frame of cds1 or it pushes back further away from Jin, making a thigh or maybe an impossible link

Max hit in general wall-less juggles seemed to be reduced from 8 hits to 7, masking certain combos impossible due some physics

Another notable nerf, DB3 no longer launches on CH either not sure if screws

A buff, d4 is now -13 on block from -14

If Jin wants to do combos from EWHF he will have to use CBM's stapple now.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Don't wanna jump in the gun right now, but the nerfs are kinda obvious, he is not able to do his staple EWHF combos somehow
EWHF, whf b3~f1 the second b3 is not connecting anymore and in some characters like Jin himself the first b3 doesn't connect, either they increased the recovery frame of cds1 or it pushes back further away from Jin, making a thigh or maybe an impossible link

Max hit in general wall-less juggles seemed to be reduced from 8 hits to 7, masking certain combos impossible due some physics

Another notable nerf, DB3 no longer launches on CH either not sure if screws

A buff, d4 is now -13 on block from -14

If Jin wants to do combos from EWHF he will have to use CBM's stapple now.
Damn. Sounds survivable for now though. I need to hear those Ling nerfs and those Josie buffs!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Damn. Sounds survivable for now though. I need to hear those Ling nerfs and those Josie buffs!
As long as they didn't touched his F4 and his other things he will be fine, the challenge will be optimizing certain combos on smaller stages now, but i kinda see why they nerfed.

Since it was his second most damaging combo and very optimizable on smaller stages the damage he was getting with the help of the wall was above average, i really don't care about db3 nerf

The only nerf that really irks me a bit is the max juggle hits from 8 to 7, that's dumb, so i'm not able to land zen1+2 combos with massive wall carry for easy damage, it seems to be the area they nerfed a bit.

hopefully they didn't touch anything else aside from his overall combo damage.

Kooron Nation

@Azarashi Elder sorry didn't mean to tag you; noob :)
What country are you from? Maybe we can learn together.

Also you NEED to watch Combo Breaker Grand Final man, like it's a necessity, it's really good

Reactions: GAV

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Is Jack a top/really good character or is Saint just extremely good with him?
Having a non-existent sidestep game as well as having the worst low crushing are the reasons Jack is placed in B-tier. However, these deficits can be overcome with fundamentals and experience. His moves are extremely reliable and overall he performs well in clutch situations. He is a good character and definitely worth investing time into.

Edit. Jack also lacks backsway blows, parries and reversals. You simply have no choice but to play basic, solid Tekken. However, he is not devoid of bullshit. He has a safe full crouch low poke that's quite fast and makes his wall game terrifying to deal with (FC db1). His command throws are absolutely devastating. Df2 is the most reliable and easiest launch punisher in the game. If your opponent plays like a tard you will absolutely make them pay dearly.

Last edited: