What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Could you explain the "float combos"?

I'm in the Tag 2 Lab in these final days, before Tekken 7 comes out and yesterday, I had a very productive session with Leo Kliesen.

I spent (roughly) about 2 to 2 1/2 hours with her and at first, I was just messing around and seeing what I could figure out. I ran through her standing moves, her down-forward moves, her hop kick and her while standing moves, and then I had a spot of intuition. I instinctively tried B1, 42 and was delighted when it worked. Her Bajiquan martial arts style is so distinctive, and a pleasure to watch honestly, and I had seen her do that string in combos, constantly. Since the Tekken button layout mirrors the human limbs, I wasn't really that surprised when I correctly guessed the command of that string, but it was still a good feeling.

Anyway, I did go through her move list (about 91 entries, iirc). I performed all but the Sample Combos and I tried to commit some of her kit to memory, and I'm sure I succeeded in doing that. It's encouraging to know that I can move most, if not all of this stuff over to T7FR Day 1 and hit the ground... jogging, at the very least.

Way back in the day, as a very young man and filthy casual, I had my hands on Tekken 3 and it was all about the Hellsweeps and the Lightning Uppercuts and the individual strings. I'm sure I did a little bit of juggling off of an imperfect God Fist here and there, but as you can imagine, none of that was optimal. So advanced juggling and bound moves and the general feel of the gravity in the game is new to me, and something I'm going to have a bit of fun with in trial and error tinkering.

Before I attempted any Sample Combos, I pulled off a little 6 hit juggle on my own, while I was experimenting.

Hop Kick (U4), Down-Back 2, 2 (Bound Move), Dash>Cancel into B1, 42.

It's a start! :)
Amongst all that nostalgia I'm feeling I got reminded that Leo is in the game and her moves look dope and I need to try her too. Tekken 8 doesn't need to come until 2025.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I've decided I'm going to go new for T7 and focus on Miguel, LC, and probably Gigas. Anyone know players I should watch?

Ooooohhh. Would lee's stance cancel thing I see looped be considered the same thing?

That move does way too much damage for a loopable juggle filler and there is no execution required to do it. That shit has got to get adjusted.
Don't get hit. He needs it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Start posting your to do lists, here is mine:

Friday post work.
Lab for a few mins until casual hour arrive, Smith and Mirelson will drop by for casuals, we did the exact same thing when TTT2 dropped, only the 3 of us will play casually for the first day before we invite anyone else, then we will lab for real and call even more ppl every weekend.

When they're gone, back to lab, finish story mode, unlock as much as gil possible in treasure battle to get T6 Mishima Leader for Jin, and his other original costumes locked in the game, have a slot for all of them.

Rinse and repeat step above with Kazuya and Devil jin.

Make a content video: Jin for scrubs and beginners top 15 moves
Make a content video: Combos from beginners to advanced for Jin scrubs to Jin Dorks
Start worrying about playing ranked or finding matches online (this is the part you guys will come in)

After this, will seriously look into Master Raven, Claudio, Kazumi, if Kuni is in the game, then Kuni

Rest of the year i will learn how to defend against every character in this game, will defo try to win tourneys as well.

There will be a Tekken League circuit here with Ranking, its gon be gud.

Last edited:

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
My "to do list" is pretty simple.

1) Learn Leo's moves.
2) Learn how to move in the game, period.
3) Begin to scale the mountain of relevant frame data.
4) Hop online and get wrecked.
5) Lab any questions and come up with any solutions
6) Hop online and GET REKT

Rinse and repeat.

Aramonde

Noob
The game coming out reminded me i already posted here months ago but i forgot to reply. Im still excited for this game especially since Injustice 2 has so many problems for me.

Sorry for the months late reply SaltShaker and Smoke of Finland. I added my original post.

I'm going to get T7 but i've never played Tekken before in my life. Is it as hard as Aris says?

Are there any characters i should start with? Right now the two i want to play are Heihachi or Bryan.

To play at intermediate to high levels it is a harder game to get into than most from scratch. Mastering Tekken movement is probably the most important imo. Also knowing which moves of yours to use to punish characters attacks on block and whiff with your character since there can be different counter responses for different scenarios.

Also, what type of playstyle do you enjoy or excel at? Bryan is my main, he and Heihachi are both typically strong Tekken characters, but also two of the hardest to play as so ease of use won't come with them.
Aww man two of the hardest to play :( . I dont really have a playstyle i enjoy i just play whatever style my main is. It took me awhile to learn charge characters in SF but since Guile is charge i learned it. Tbh other than Guile i dont like charge characters that much. XD

That depends on what kind of playstyle do you want to implement.

Heihachi dictates the pace of the match with safe mids that have good recovery on block and heavy dmg. He is a bully that can go toe-to-toe with anybody and he pushes people against the wall where they are easy prey, but he has poor mix-ups and in order to blow people up you have to make them fight you back and get them to push buttons and panic under pressure. He is the easiest Mishima to pick up due to him playing more like the rest of the cast and having a better poking game. Electrics and wavedashing are not required to be effective as Heihachi, if you can pull off regular wind god fists as a whiff punish then you are good-to-go. You will have to familiarize yourself with crouchdash inputs however if you want to pull of his combos. Crouchdash inputs however, are very similar to backdash cancelling which is of absolute critical importance and probably the most important aspect of Tekken.

Bryan has pretty much the best neutral and best keep out in the game. He cannot however, maintain extended periods of up-close pressure without risking getting sidestepped or counterhit. He can keep rush down characters in check, but that does require some awareness and precision. Execution wise he has some stuff that's really hard to do but not necessary at all to be effective with him. Taunt is just a gimmick, albeit potentially an extremely powerful one and totally legitimate. Also you will have to learn the proper Korean backdash cancel with him and not the lazy reverse wavedash method, this is very hard on a pad and especially the 2p side backdash cancelling will be problematic.

Both characters are heavy hitters, not to mention manly and bad ass. If you enjoy murdering waifu enthusiasts and being a scumbag (Quan Chi avatar is a dead give away for being a scumbag enthusiast) like I do then obviously you are on the right track as I happen to main both of them + Kazuya.
LMAO i dont know if im a scumbag enthusiast i just think Quan is a cool character and hes been my favorite since MK4. Although i loved pissing people off with Warlock's F3 (kick in the ass move) so maybe i am hehe.

Im gonna try out Heihachi first because watching him in T7 brings back memories of me kicking ass in Soul Calibur 2. He was my main in that game and when i see him doing the same moves i get excited to play him.

Reactions: GAV

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
OMG I just received a "your order has been sent" E-mail. Hype hype hype #JizzInMyPants #KreyGasm.

Most likely mah Collector's Edition is going to sit in a terminal for at least a day though because of "It's friday so I don't give a shit about doing my job"-mentality and I won't be able to get it until monday or tuesday. I'll be super surprised if I'll actually be able to retrieve it on friday.

Edit:

Remember when Heihachi's uf3,4 didn't launch in vanilla and his ankles were still free?
Remember when there were no rage drives and Heihachi didn't get a guaranteed cd3 after his b2,1+2 rage drive?
Remember when 1,1,2 didn't wallsplat?
Remember when f4 didn't give a free twin pistons when hitting a crouching opponent?

I just hope d1 hits grounded on everybody if they stay on the ground. Getting it guaranteed after b3,3 would be a dope ez mode punish for moves that are -14 and have no pushback.

Last edited: