What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who kinda secretly hopes they make Tanya's Armageddon ending where she becomes a kind of "Dragon Caller" canon? I mean you have to admit that would be pretty bad ass. Although it would kind of turn her into the Mortal Kombat version of Daenerys from GoT
Sub-Zero already has that role.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I've heard several possibilities of her release date, is she 2nd or last to be released.
We are not sure yet, there was an Austrailian press release that said she was last but many believe it was fake...others claim that she will be second. We still ahve not gotten any kind of official announcement to my knowledge. If I had to guess I would say that she will be either first or second.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
There is another video on Youtube of the D'Vorah/ Tanya match that has a much more difficult AI setting. You get to see Tanya's EX Split kick (Flame trail and all like in deception) as well as her mid-match pose (She spins around with a fireball in her hand) and few other moves not shown in the other video. A lot of this will likely change when she is released as a full character buts cool to see some more of her.

Nice! I was almost right with the Deciever one. I think I said it would be "Treachorous" or something. What do you guys think each one consists of? For me I think Deciever is the invisibilty, Edenian Guard is the tonfas (kobu jutsu), and manipulator......I dont know lol
I agree, deceiver would be perfect for invisibility combos and guard would be her weapons and manipulator will be fire based attacks most likely.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I would say that manipulator gives her some kind of a parry or way to reverse an opponets attacks, her fire based moves will probably be her core moveset. Could be a fire-based parry....thats pretty awesome haha. I love that they are using her "traitor" identity in her variations. Makes me happy.

I would say that manipulator gives her some kind of a parry or way to reverse an opponets attacks, her fire based moves will probably be her core moveset. Could be a fire-based parry....thats pretty awesome haha. I love that they are using her "traitor" identity in her variations. Makes me happy.
I can't wait to see gameplay of her variations:):)

Tanya's Intros are going to be so bitchy, I can't wait. You know she's gonna bring up Jade when going against Kitana. Maybe something along the lines of like Kitana: Traitor! Tanya: Because I killed Jade? Kitana: Now it is I who will kill you. or maybe she didn't kill Jade I just think she has something to do with Jade's disappearance for MKX. Thoughts?

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Her fight style without variations seems very Elegant and Graceful
Quick breakdown of what was shown
45 degree air fireball @ 0:48
Ex/MB Fireball hits a ducking opponent so good chance it's a mid or overhead @1:42
She's got her Konfu weapons during the story mode animations so good chance she has a variation around it @0:22
Uppercut doesn't look as big a Hitbox as some other characters @2:56
Flipkicks with a MB/EX version that causes a pop up
1,1 looking string can combo into fireball (said it was 1,1 becaus it was frequently used and fastest)
Her d 1 or d3 animation looks awkward it causes little damage so I'll say it's a d1. @1:23 and on hit damage @1:32
@1:52 mark there is a pop up knee string probably follow up with a run combo
@2:53 quick 2 hitting kick string. Looks like a high Into overhead
@0:57 her D1 or D3 poke punch looks like it has longer range
@1:42 Dances with fire round win animation

Last edited:

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
Tanya's Intros are going to be so bitchy, I can't wait. You know she's gonna bring up Jade when going against Kitana. Maybe something along the lines of like Kitana: Traitor! Tanya: Because I killed Jade? Kitana: Now it is I who will kill you. or maybe she didn't kill Jade I just think she has something to do with Jade's disappearance for MKX. Thoughts?
stop trying to make this tanya killing jade thing happen lol it was sindel end of story! *side pony hair flip onto a pole* . :DOGE

Quick breakdown of what was shown
45 degree air fireball @ 0:48
Ex/MB Fireball hits a ducking opponent so good chance it's a mid or overhead @1:42
She's got her Konfu weapons during the story mode animations so good chance she has a variation around it @0:22
Uppercut doesn't look as big a Hitbox as some other characters @2:56
Flipkicks with a MB/EX version that causes a pop up
1,1 looking string can combo into fireball (said it was 1,1 becaus it was frequently used and fastest)
Her d 1 or d3 animation looks awkward it causes little damage so I'll say it's a d1. @1:23 and on hit damage @1:32
@1:52 mark there is a pop up knee string probably follow up with a run combo
@2:53 quick 2 hitting kick string. Looks like a high Into overhead
@0:57 her D1 or D3 poke punch looks like it has longer range
@1:42 Dances with fire round win animation
I bet this took awhile to type out haha. Good job!

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
Ahaha, I'm just saying has she been dead all 25 years or did she come back and then die again you never know.
if she was alive the hell she would be brought back to get killed by tanya lol i'd sit on her staff and cry lol.
sigh why you gotta remind me jade ain't in this game RUDDDDDE! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.