What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't wanna go through like 15 pages to confirm, though pretty sure it's come up:

Uh... Tanya used to be black right? And hot.

That is all.
Edenian, they don't care for their skin color as our world does. and she is in the DLC fleshing out process of getting all her look shiny and acceptable for everyone. she looks great in the story too!

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Don't wanna go through like 15 pages to confirm, though pretty sure it's come up:

Uh... Tanya used to be black right? And hot.

That is all.
In some games Tanya's skin color has been darker and in some it has been lighter. I wouldnt go as far to say she used to be "black" she was an Edenian.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I saw another stream earlier that went against Tanya again it looked like on a higher difficulty and her ex flip kick has her 45 degree fireball right after it setting up for a juggle combo
I saw that version in the stream too.
It also looks like she has a quick double kick that could be an overhead

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
She has potential for this game! I'm so excited when they will release her dlc trailer to see if they take the kitana stance away and give her all her unique moves
I'm sure they will give her her own stance, the Kitana one has to be just a placeholder. FUN FACT: Kitana was originally supposed to be in MK4 but during production they decided to replace her with a new character which would end up being Tanya. Doubt it, but her having Kitana's stance in the game may be a little reference to that

I'm sure they will give her her own stance, the Kitana one has to be just a placeholder. FUN FACT: Kitana was originally supposed to be in MK4 but during production they decided to replace her with a new character which would end up being Tanya. Doubt it, but her having Kitana's stance in the game may be a little reference to that
It definitely is

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
In some games Tanya's skin color has been darker and in some it has been lighter. I wouldnt go as far to say she used to be "black" she was an Edenian.
She was another example of a dark skinned Edenian. With the death of Jade, I can understand why people are not pleased (I'm not) but it's more upsetting Jade (a heroic good character) is dead than Tanya (a vile and despicable traitor) being Middle Eastern-esque as opposed to looking like Janet Jackson.

I have no idea...all her fatalities from the other games were rather generic and the neck snap one will likely end up being her x-ray so who knows.
I'm hoping she gets maybe even a new move i know that one of her brutality's will like 90% be her corkscrew flame feet like Mileena's body roll.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I'm hoping she gets maybe even a new move i know that one of her brutality's will like 90% be her corkscrew flame feet like Mileena's body roll.
God I hope that move comes back, it will look so awesome with this new graphics. I wonder if they will keep it a low and make you go under the ooponet or maybe make more like a reverse Raiden torpedo

God I hope that move comes back, it will look so awesome with this new graphics. I wonder if they will keep it a low and make you go under the ooponet or maybe make more like a reverse Raiden torpedo
Most likely they will keep it low, as a foot sweep knock on your face type deal lol

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
I did notice last night when someone was playing tanya she had like a front flip kick move that was used with a meter burn! and she did a jump smash fire ball ! :DOGE

I did notice last night when someone was playing tanya she had like a front flip kick move that was used with a meter burn! and she did a jump smash fire ball ! :DOGE
Yeah! it's her enhanced EX move for that kick :) TBH i hope they fix either how the fireball looks or the color. I'm still wanting her original purple flames

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Yeah! it's her enhanced EX move for that kick :) TBH i hope they fix either how the fireball looks or the color. I'm still wanting her original purple flames
I prefer the Deception-like fireballs :) i'm willing to bet that they will change the way they look since she uses the same animation as Shinnok's amulet blast. We still don't know if the NPC version has just a bare bones version of her movelist or if her actual movelist will be completely different.

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
that be awsome! I just hope we get something different for her variation like she wears a sexy crown in one. I have a feeling its just gonna be her weapons tho:oops:.

I prefer the Deception-like fireballs :) i'm willing to bet that they will change the way they look since she uses the same animation as Shinnok's amulet blast. We still don't know if the NPC version has just a bare bones version of her movelist or if her actual movelist will be completely different.
I'm gonna say it's different since she is DLC so they are actually putting time aside to work specifically on her and her playstyle, I cant wait :))

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
My ideal variations: Sorceress - More fire based abilities
Huntress - Boomerang
Treacherous - Invisibilty

Status
Not open for further replies.