What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked :
As you're involved with Tanya, I just want to ask -- will the finished version have darker skin than the one in Story Mode? I was stunned at how white she looked in this game, and I hope that's part of the fix. I love the work you did with Jacqui, so I'm glad you're on the Tanya team. (If you can't answer this publicly I understand.)

And he replied :

Let’s just say that we hear the fans, and they’ll be happy with her new updates. And thank you so much on Jacqui!

Maybe we will get the real Tanya back and i care about her again.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Someone asked :
As you're involved with Tanya, I just want to ask -- will the finished version have darker skin than the one in Story Mode? I was stunned at how white she looked in this game, and I hope that's part of the fix. I love the work you did with Jacqui, so I'm glad you're on the Tanya team. (If you can't answer this publicly I understand.)

And he replied :

Let’s just say that we hear the fans, and they’ll be happy with her new updates. And thank you so much on Jacqui!

Maybe we will get the real Tanya back and i care about her again.
This is on Solomon Gaitan's tumblr btw.

I know I am late, but Tanya didn't even seem evil this time around. In the original timeline she didn't give two shits about Edenia, and in this time line she is working with Mileena because she thinks Mileena will restore Edenia?? So if Kitana and Jade were alive she would be working with them?

Also on a side note, I like to believe the woman in Jade's MK9 ending somehow rescued her soul and Jade will be back in MK11 to try and help restore Kitana to life.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
i know, i just hope she's black again, since Nrs saw what people were saying about her skin. I don't have high hopes she will be black ever again.
A. This is borderline racist now and completely unnecessary.
B. It's technically even MORE racist since she's not even black, she's Edenian. They're their own race :DOGE

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
If she is changed it will likely just be maybe a shade or two and not a drastic difference. And this topic has been beat into the ground.

A. This is borderline racist now and completely unnecessary.
B. It's technically even MORE racist since she's not even black, she's Edenian. They're their own race :DOGE
Edenian is like being Brazilian, American or African. Tanya is black Edenian in the old timeline, always will be. Kitana is Asian Edenian. Someone can be White Edenian, Asian edenian or Black Edenian. Same as you can be White, Black or Asian American.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I know I am late, but Tanya didn't even seem evil this time around. In the original timeline she didn't give two shits about Edenia, and in this time line she is working with Mileena because she thinks Mileena will restore Edenia?? So if Kitana and Jade were alive she would be working with them?

Also on a side note, I like to believe the woman in Jade's MK9 ending somehow rescued her soul and Jade will be back in MK11 to try and help restore Kitana to life.
WELL She does say at one point in the old timeline that she wanted to return to Edenia because it was her home....so I dont think she had a complete disdain for it. And I am willing to bet that she is actually allied with Rain and his attempt to overthrow Mileena (notice how in story mode while Rain is revealing his plans Tanya is right behind Cassie and she doesnt seem to at all affected by his revelations). So maybe she planned to overthrow Mileena as well and free Edenia so that she (and maybe Rain) could rule it.

WELL She does say at one point in the old timeline that she wanted to return to Edenia because it was her home....so I dont think she had a complete disdain for it. And I am willing to bet that she is actually allied with Rain and his attempt to overthrow Mileena (notice how in story mode while Rain is revealing his plans Tanya is right behind Cassie and she doesnt seem to at all affected by his revelations). So maybe she planned to overthrow Mileena as well and free Edenia so that she (and maybe Rain) could rule it.
Interesting. I bet we will see this in the comics then.

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
While I want her to be black like she should be . It ain't gonna happen it's to late sadly . I think if she wasn't in story mode we would of had a better chance . The final build of her is on the kombat pack on Xbox now . It doesn't look Much different tho she does look better a bit .

Status
Not open for further replies.