What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I doubt it.
I would be ok with them being part of a variation...but I wouldn't be too excited if they became part of her core moveset. I would rather those focus on her fire powers. Bu thats just my opinion...there also is the chance that her boomerang could make a return.

Reactions: cfw

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Day 412:
I had journeyed to the outworld marketplace today to try and gather some supplies but my usual contact Blance had been tossed through a fruit stand... Things are looking up though as I applied to be part of our Empress Tanyas royal army... The resistance has all but given up... Each leader they appointed was quickly met with betrayal... They say anyone who even so much as hears our Empress's voice will destroy their own kin for her... I thought I saw her the other day down by the docks... She appeared to be beheading Tarkatans with a boomerang for fun... The weapon suits her... They call her life because she will turn on you in the end..

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Day 9?

Tanya's release date becomes known thanks to Australian Game Informer magazine. June 6.

@Mr Aqua confirms Tanya will be banned at TCW. Awkward Sloth is very saddened and now won't make top 8.

Guys be positive. The longer it takes to make her, the better she'll look and play. I too can't believe she will be available after more than 2 months, but that' just gets me even more hyped. I truly can't wait to explore the MKX universe with my treacherous mistress and to annihilate all who oppose us, reading hate mail in our spare time.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Day 9?

Tanya's release date becomes known thanks to Australian Game Informer magazine. June 6.

@Mr Aqua confirms Tanya will be banned at TCW. Awkward Sloth is very saddened and now won't make top 8.
All subject to change, we will see if nrs has learned from their past about dlc ;]

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
So what do you guys think Tanya's role in the story (not story mode but the lore in general) will be in this new timeline? In the old timeline she was the daughter of an Edenian Ambassador who betrayed her homeland....but does Edenia even exist anymore in this timeline since Sindel was never able to restore it? So that takes a large part of her story out. I'm guessing they will just make her a follower of Shinnok but beyond that the door is wide open.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
So what do you guys think Tanya's role in the story (not story mode but the lore in general) will be in this new timeline? In the old timeline she was the daughter of an Edenian Ambassador who betrayed her homeland....but does Edenia even exist anymore in this timeline since Sindel was never able to restore it? So that takes a large part of her story out. I'm guessing they will just make her a follower of Shinnok but beyond that the door is wide open.

she will be on Team Shinnok but shes not to be trusted... Shes all about Tanya. and that bass too

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
In the old Timeline, Kitana freed Edenia from its merger. I doubt Edenia has been freed this time around, so I guess she'd still have grown up in Outworld and for some reason may have allied with Mileena, like Rain. I bet she will still find her way to Shinnok this time around.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
In the old Timeline, Kitana freed Edenia from its merger. I doubt Edenia has been freed this time around, so I guess she'd still have grown up in Outworld and for some reason may have allied with Mileena, like Rain. I bet she will still find her way to Shinnok this time around.
Yea, the first we see her in the old timeline she is already allied with Shinnok so its safe to assume that she will be this time around as well. They could reference the fact that she was Shao Kahns prisoner during the MK9 time period but i'm not sure if that would actually be considered canon or just an easter egg.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Wow! She looks awesome! Loved that its balck and gold and not navy and gold like the teaser. I'm really glad she has some part in the story as well.

I'm actually digging the new reinvention of Tanya, remember this is the alternate timeline so the old Tanya doesn't exist in this one. Her special moves from what we saw looks like the Flip Kick and Fireball, I love her Egyptian feel look! And I'm actually digging the shorter hair. I could careless for the skin color she's Edenian that's al. They don't define race by the color of their skin like we do. I do hope she's still a treacherous bitch though, she sounded bitchy and I loved it!!

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I'm actually digging the new reinvention of Tanya, remember this is the alternate timeline so the old Tanya doesn't exist in this one. Her special moves from what we saw looks like the Flip Kick and Fireball, I love her Egyptian feel look! And I'm actually digging the shorter hair. I could careless for the skin color she's Edenian that's al. They don't define race by the color of their skin like we do. I do hope she's still a treacherous bitch though, she sounded bitchy and I loved it!!
I bet 5 Kombat Koins that the EX version of her flip kick is the flaming split kick from Deception (aka the coolest move ever)

Status
Not open for further replies.