What's new

General/Other - Dragon Naginata Tanya Dragon Naginata Discussion Thread

idk if this is known or not but you can convert f2 into teleport into naginata stance and it still combos

so like f2 xx df3 xx d2 f2 d2 f2 ji2 112 xx mb df3 xx d1 ji2 34 xx db4 40%

i wasn't able to get a ji2 after the first d2 but I think its just because i suck

SEV

Noob
idk if this is known or not but you can convert f2 into teleport into naginata stance and it still combos

so like f2 xx df3 xx d2 f2 d2 f2 ji2 112 xx mb df3 xx d1 ji2 34 xx db4 40%

i wasn't able to get a ji2 after the first d2 but I think its just because i suck
Yeah I'm not able to get a Ji2 after the first pogo either, Tanya just jumps a little bit too far.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I wanted to use this one primarily but Kobu is just too much fun.

Probably gonna get into it later, but geez I don't know if I could transition.

Still keeping this AV tho.

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
Didn't see full post. You can do jump in 2~air staff stance, jump forward 2f2~forward teleport, Air staff stance, jump forward 234~EX forward tele, NJP, 24~flip kick for 42%

Last edited:

SEV

Noob
Tanya is plus after F2 teleport cancel on block. Only slightly, but enough for your D1 to beat out anything but armor.

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
Anyone using 34 and 112 a lot? On hit, 34 puts you at a perfect spot to tele towards, drop pogo, release, and go for a njp IF they dont tech roll. If they roll after getting knocked down with 34, I tele towards them and get a nj1. Or if they tech roll and wakeup I teleport back.
On block, 34 still gives you time to tele towards them and hit them with a ji1. This has a gap but I've been getting away with it after doing 34 tele away.

For 112, on hit I go for the tele towards, drop pogo, 4. or drop pogo release and go for njp. On block I go for just tele towards into ji1.

Also, both strings on hit and on block, while your opponent is in the corner, put you at a perfect distance to tele back and drop pogo, where you can reach with the pogo overhead and pogo low.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
You can't cancel B+2 into anything in Naginata.

Btw, I've broken and untapped Naginata Potential already. I'll have videos out soon.... Leave it to one of thse stronger Jade players to figure it out lol.

Ive got some nice shit.
Whole lotta talking. But no walking

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
New tech - conversion for charged F3 overhead
Charged overhead conversion:
F(3) RC B32xxDF3EX NJP DB4

Not sure if there optimized but it's the Best I got for now

Can't remember the percentage but I want to say it's 34?

Last edited:

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
Yeah I'm not able to get a Ji2 after the first pogo either, Tanya just jumps a little bit too far.
It works, it just takes extremely tight execution. The timing is like razor thin

Shady

Noob
It works, it just takes extremely tight execution. The timing is like razor thin
I find a lot of her variations (but especially DN) have so much tight windows and razor execution requirements that it will probably scare a lot of players away. I'm ready though. I think she's dope so far, and I've only fooled around with variation.

TPH GUNSHOT

Grind to Win
In the corner if you end your combo with 11u4 x df3 into pogo, sub zero will wake up slide himself back into the corner. Midscreen if you do the same thing, he slides past you and you can chase him down with jump 2 after you hop off the pogo towards him. It works with a lot of strings so long as you end it with teleport it should work the same way

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
F4, 3, in Naginata is a high damaging combo ender that causes a hard knocdown, which grants you a completely safe jump to bat an punish wakeups-- no tech rolling allowed.
It also does the same damage as the standard combo enders after some damage scaling.
F2, xx DB4
and F4, 3 as combo enders both do the same, and there's actually enough tome to link the juggle after a gravity intensive teleport combo into Neutral jump punch.

overhead is a nice conditioning option for the nagi stance, 0 on block, good hitbox, very nice range and on hit you can combo into b2 for a little more damage (or f2xxspecial if you hit your opponent on a jump in). If they start to try and punish the slow start up you can mix it up with 4 or if they are respecting the overhead you can mix it up with 3, or jip pressure. After each knockdown you can return to the stance for more keep away.

Between all of this you should be jumping and teleporting around like nobody's business, the best part of this variation is that you never need to land and can keep your opponent trying to guess where you will be next.

The staff normals are worthwhile using as well.
B2 is an excellent anti-air. You can hit your opponent out a jump forward from fullscreen, a neutral jump from half screen, or a jump backwards from jump in distance. This is very unsafe on block though, so save it for anti-airs or whiff punishes.

D+B2 is useful for when your opponent starts to get closer than half screen, at which point it should be your go to aa until your opponent is in uppercut range

B1 is a handy poke, despite its slow start-up, because it is plus 2 on block and can be canceled into df3 1 or df3 nagi stance as an overhead (which both lead into combos), or it can be canceled into the next hit of the string, which is a nagi sweep for a soft knockdown. I think this move will be most useful as an anti-run in tool, as the long, disjointed hitbox will cover the space and switch the pressure to your side on block. On hit, you can confirm to bf4 for a combo punish.

B32 is an excellent string because ends in an overhead, has no frame gaps and is neutral on block. Use it often and condition your opponent to block high and then you can mix it up with exbf4 for a pop up.

F42 is great for mixing up f43, it removes the frame gap so that the string cannot be armored through and is an overhead instead of a low. Condition your opponent block low and maybe try armor and then mix it up with the overhead or just don't do anything.

This is just my two cents I'm not that good but hopefully this helps someone.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I dont see how this variation is gimmicky at all. She has great tools and pressure.

Im loving the mix up after f4. Also, B2 is amazing at midrange and yes, b32 is what this variation is all about!

Def. this is her whiff punishing variation and once you get them locked down in the corner her staff stance mix ups are awesome.

Also, BF2 is amazing. I love how it sends them full screen.

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
Made a video based off of the pogo stance stuff though it might be different from the original notation

I find a lot of her variations (but especially DN) have so much tight windows and razor execution requirements that it will probably scare a lot of players away. I'm ready though. I think she's dope so far, and I've only fooled around with variation.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Her stuff doesn't feel that tight at all tbh. She's a ton of fun though, esp this variation.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Man. Them startup frames from the Forward 3.
I dont think anyone is ever really going to just sit there and look up her skirt for that long.
Cant wait for her setups to come through.
Looking forward to this variation.
Does anyone know if The pogo avoids Scorpions ex teleport?

SEV

Noob
Here's a more optimized version of that combo
Best to stick to meterless combos from F2. You started with a jump in, so that's 1% there, which means you're spending a bar for only 1-3% more since meterless does 35%. Good to know I can pump a little more damage out if I need to, though.