What's new

Switching Sides: Why Carl “Perfect Legend” White is now Focusing on Street Fighter IV

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
good luck to pl. i think he is in for a shock though.

this article mirrors my actions right now too... i just attended my first sf tournament... i have no skill though and just want to grind to get better and improve my entire fg skill set

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Okay...legit and serious question; why is Street Fighter so highly regarded? Is it high execution? Is it tremendously balanced? What separates top players from mediocre players?
Simply put, it started the FG craze in the US and various other parts of the world. It was literally the first FG of its kind to exist, before anything else, when SF2 dropped. On top of that, the little nuances that existed in the games served to intensify the depth of the game in a way that no one really expected. That's probably the best answer, though you could also say it's deep.

To answer your questions:

1. The execution varies from game to game. Most SF games have pretty decent execution requirements.

2. The balance in SF usually isn't really that great. AE2012 is probably the best in terms of balance on a matchups scale.

3. The gap between skill levels is always immediately apparent. If you're worse, it gets exposed. The same can be said of most fighters, though. If you suck, you suck. If you're dominant, you're dominant.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Simply put, it started the FG craze in the US and various other parts of the world. It was literally the first FG of its kind to exist, before anything else, when SF2 dropped. On top of that, the little nuances that existed in the games served to intensify the depth of the game in a way that no one really expected. That's probably the best answer, though you could also say it's deep.

To answer your questions:

1. The execution varies from game to game. Most SF games have pretty decent execution requirements.

2. The balance in SF usually isn't really that great. AE2012 is probably the best in terms of balance on a matchups scale.

3. The gap between skill levels is always immediately apparent. If you're worse, it gets exposed. The same can be said of most fighters, though. If you suck, you suck. If you're dominant, you're dominant.

Very well put.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
See you when MK10 drops Carl.
He will be back very soon.

How is he going to level up? Aside from Playing To Win, nobody in Cleveland plays Street Fighter at any meaningful level.

Besides, Carl has definitely not performed to his high standards in Injustice. How does he expect to perform well in a fighting game that has word class competition at every major?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
He will be back very soon.

How is he going to level up? Aside from Playing To Win, nobody in Cleveland plays Street Fighter at any meaningful level.

Besides, Carl has definitely not performed to his high standards in Injustice. How does he expect to perform well in a fighting game that has word class competition at every major?
He's moving to Japan to compete.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
I haven't liked any of Streetfighter past CVS2, thats because I came up w/ SFz3. All of my gripes with SF4 are summed up by D44 Bas on his fb on a weekly basis. I don't know anyone who is saying: "Yay 2 Ultras and Red Focus this'll really reinvigorate/add depth to this game!!" It might be good for like Gen, the characters w/ counter ultras but its ultimately lame. Alot of the proposed changes seem poorly thought out, but we'll see how the game plays out on location tests. I won't be touching another Capcom fighter that isn't made for me.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I'm hype for Ultra and I'm planning on re-introducing myself to AE on a much more regular basis after Frosty Faustings, next month. Though I still consider all of you guys to be my homies.

Yeah, that's right. I said "homies". In the 21st Century.

PL will probably be back for MK 10. He IS a fighting game player, after all.

Last edited:
I used to hate SF4.

One frame links are dumb

Difficult execution makes it feel like im fighting my controller, not my opponent

The lack of input buffer is just lazy programming

It takes more commitment then most games to get to a level where you can win against someone who is just mashing buttons consistently.

But then I found El Fuerte... .

Now I love Street Fighter <3

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
I used to hate SF4.

One frame links are dumb

Difficult execution makes it feel like im fighting my controller, not my opponent

The lack of input buffer is just lazy programming

It takes more commitment then most games to get to a level where you can win against someone who is just mashing buttons consistently.

But then I found El Fuerte... .

Now I love Street Fighter <3
c.mp into h.hands with gen was so fun to do, i love pianoing

coolwhip

Noob
Just to be clear, because many are saying "PL will be back for MK10," he never said he's quitting Injustice. Anyway, those who really think he won't play the game again haven't been paying attention in the past couple of years. PL always goes through these phases. He'll keep playing the game.

Last edited:
Good to see in my opinion. I'm pretty sure he'll be back for mk10, so having some fresh eyes on a another game should be good. Hope he does well.