What's new

Switching Sides: Why Carl “Perfect Legend” White is now Focusing on Street Fighter IV

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I mean from my perspective this makes sense. PL wants more notoriety, exposure, and probably more money for playing in competitive fighting games. Why wouldn't you go for SF in that case? The downplaying part is sort of emo but it basically breaks down to the fact that people who regularly competed in major tourneys were lauded as "better" by the general masses. The FGC community just isn't formatted to have a "Super Bowl" type of seasonal/playoff/championship type of structure. Evo desperately wants to be the "Super Bowl" of the FGC and while it's certainly a huge spectacle with a ton of participants...the road to Evo isn't the same as the road to the Super Bowl in the NFL.

Buy hey man, whatever. More power to PL. He'll probably be back if MK10 doesn't suck.

He is the only person I've seen happy about the delayed wake up in USF4 lol.

An inside joke perhaps? Because Daigo has also gone on record stating he thinks the mechanic will be good for the game....

Anyway good luck to PL, I hope he becomes as skilled in SF as he aims to be...hes certainly correct about it being the "biggest" fighting game by far on the national level. Its depth is the biggest contributer to its longevity, hell they *discovered a new form of option selects This far into its life...crazy.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I hope before he goes to SF majors regularly he realizes there's a good chance he's going to be a small fish in a big pond.
Fundamentals are a great thing, but winning evo in mk doesn't make you instantly good in sf.
Id hate for him to go into this over-hyped up and get the same treatment Shujinkydink gave Jwong.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I hope before he goes to SF majors regularly he realizes there's a good chance he's going to be a small fish in a big pond.
Fundamentals are a great thing, but winning evo in mk doesn't make you instantly good in sf.
Id hate for him to go into this over-hyped up and get the same treatment Shujinkydink gave Jwong.
There are videos of him beating pretty good players so I dont think he'll do terribly. Thing about SF tourney's is you have to face a ton of great players to make top 8 since the game has been out for years and even pools can be a battle.

sn1kzZe

Noob
It sounds weird but PL is a proven champion, even if it doesn't make sense to you the way he behaves maybe that's what it takes to become one, you have to be confident and downplay others that beat you to keep that mental edge, I mean this guy won EVO twice, he must be doing something right.

Like the great Joe Rogan once said:

“At a real high level of anything, there’s a certain amount of crazy behavior to get to this incredible position like Michael Jordan or Muhammad Ali or Mike Tyson in his prime. There’s a madness.”

1. The fact we are still using the term "Sides" just goes to show this will never be a unified community. Nor will it ever mature or produce the fruit of just about any other competitive genre out there. Pokemon, FPS, Mobas, and MMORPGs will continue to keep the FGC locked into that Low tier status. 4lyfe as some of you might say.
  2. I find it funny that so many gamers on a universal scale HATE capcom for how they did the whole Megaman Legends fiasco, the day 1 DLC, and all of the "anti-consumer" policies. Ect. ect. yet they still hold that number 1 spot. Fit of laughter ensues in tres... dos... uno... empiezo

Flagg

Noob
I'm not sure if this thread is a dig at SF or PL or both?

Damn, the guy is pretty beastly at most fighting games he plays and he gets shit for it?

Hate levels are at an all time high!

AK-Israel

I'm Back
Is there video?

I was 100% trolling you guys out of boredom.

you guys are a strong dynamic duo and you both are great players
so you got me with a troll eh? MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, you know what forget about it lol. I see your playing KI, good luck in that, me and denzell will be playing that as well. You going to NEC or are you going to another major after that?

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
This will still happen regardless if he leaves or not. Or he probably got a lucrative deal or something and thats why he turned heel.