Supergirl Combo Thread

Discussion in 'Supergirl' started by Juggs, May 15, 2017.

1. KarmaKILL

KarmaKILL Noob

XBL:
    KarmaKlLL
    I’m the same way, lately I’ve been using them specifically to end her midscreen mb b21+3 combos just to pump up that damage.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Lex Luthor II likes this.
  2. Mr_BAMFito

Mr_BAMFito Noob

just me or the timing on a lot of things has changed?
    can't seen to be able to hold ice breath.
    seems like I have to commit to the MB

3. myri

myri Time Warrior

Nope, stills play the exact same as before pretty much. Just better frames and damage.

Sulfur and ShArp like this.
  4. CrimsonShadow

CrimsonShadow Administrator and Community Engineer
    Administrator

There's pretty much no difference between ending a combo in MB trait and nailing somebody with a few lasers.

Her zoning is a form of extended footsies and helps to control the opponent's movement. It also helps open up players who are turtling. Also important for trying to even up a life lead without committing to something risky.

I think it's good to mix it up for maximum effect.

Juggs, Lex Luthor II and hatyr like this.
  5. STB Shujinkydink

STB Shujinkydink Burning down in flames for kicks

oh yeah they're definitely useful. Im just of the opinion the MB is better thats all

hatyr likes this.
  6. hatyr

hatyr tease out the impurities

I like a mix of both for sure. I'll usually dump the MB on them if I'm on my way to cornering them and won't need it for a bit or to close out a round/match (which I think is the typical consensus). Very playstyle dependent imo -- I hate being stuck in neutral with an empty trait bar. Once my confidence with her goes up, I'll be a lot more liberal with the MB probably. The damage, even chip, is so good.

7. Lex Luthor II

Lex Luthor II Lord of Lightning

I love when I jump in the air, ready to shoot an laser to the ground, and instead just sit there like an idiot, cuz my trait is empty, and before I realize it I float back down to the ground doing nothing and get smacked.

hatyr likes this.
  8. hatyr

hatyr tease out the impurities

Ha. The struggle is real. My favorite is not being mindful of the combo's gravity and dumping the whole bar right over the top of them as they fall face-first on the ground.

Lex Luthor II and KarmaKILL like this.
  9. KarmaKILL

KarmaKILL Noob

XBL:
    KarmaKlLL
    Haha I have done that plenty of times as well.

hatyr and Lex Luthor II like this.
  10. CrimsonShadow

CrimsonShadow Administrator and Community Engineer
    Administrator

Yeah imo at a higher level, Supergirl is about using regular lasers to bait people into movement patterns, and then using d1, b1, and airdash to abuse those movement patterns.

At a lower level it's less important and you can hold trait -- but against better players you need to get them to move, so that you can open them up during the movement.

Lex Luthor II likes this.
  11. ShArp

ShArp Aftershock - Crystalline - Metallic main
    Premium Supporter

Steam:
    Sharp47
    Anyone managed to find out whats the block advantage after MB breath from up-close? The far one on block has really good + frames - you can do instant air dash (not even instant, depends on the distance) after you do MB breath and you will still jail them with J1/J2 into whatever, once they block MB breath.

Been labing against supes with MB breath on block - from up close (b12, 112 etc) on block I still trade/beat 6f pokes...

It's certainly not -6 NRS.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  12. Lordrak

Lordrak Noob

I forgot to post it