What's new

Summer MK2 Tournament

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Summer MK2 Tournament (SEMIFINALS UNDERWAY)

ninjalord beat me 7-6, but technically won at 7-4. The game that won it for him was a nailbiter, I was trying to morph into sub to counter blade spark but i kept messing it up. Just a tad bit of delay, very playable, but it messed me up in the end. No excuses, it was vggs. Congrats to ninjalord!

Here's the lowdown:

Konqrr P1 vs ninjalord P2
1. Liu vs Lao
2. Mil vs Sco
3. Sco vs Mil
4. Sco vs Sco
5. Rai vs Bar
6. Bar vs Bar
7. Sco vs Sub
8. Sub vs Sha
9. Lao vs Rai
10. Sco vs Sco
11. Sha vs Bar <-- Winning game
12. Jax vs Jax
13. Lao vs Cag

I will put them up on youtube soon.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Congrats to ninjalord on officially entering into money rounds!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Looking forward to playing the loser :laugh:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Here are the vids (three because of all the blocking lol):

X820

Noob

Tight matches fellas..

Konqrr, could you post what you used for your recordings please;

program, codec, framerate?

I'm having trouble making a decent recording ever since I got this pc.

GGs you two.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

X820 said:
Tight matches fellas..

Konqrr, could you post what you used for your recordings please;

program, codec, framerate?
Hypercam2 recording mame kaillera input playback in native resolution (normally I would do 2x res, but for some reason my computer doesn't like that anymore and won't record right). 60fps and I usually use the TechSmith Codec, but it is being a bitch too...so I have to go uncompressed which makes the file around 25GB lol

After that, I use Virtualdub to split the files into 10min segments for youtube.

X820

Noob

Thanks man, i'll give that a try.

Tip: Youtube accepts 15 minute videos nowadays :)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

ninjalord said:
dci, if you weren't going to forfeit me, i forfeit myself. i don't feel like playing our matches. perhaps you and konqrr can play. thanks again for running the tournament.
Ninjalord, I'm sorry to hear about this... You enter into an automatic 4th place. You will receive a $10 card, I will receive a $20 card.

Congratulations to Scheiss on guaranteeing himself at least $20 and congrats to both of the finalists.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Summer MK2 Tournament (FINALS UNDERWAY)

X, please record your matches with Scheisse. I will cap them, just record them!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

lol at Scheiss/ninjalord in the first fight. You guys blocked enough for an entire 13 fights.

ninjalord said:
all i'll say is in the future, dciguy, you need to remove fatalities from tournaments(since imo it's taunting),and i thought it was pretty much an unwritten rule that you don't do them.
Really? I don't think there has ever been a single tournament I've played on this site where I didn't get a fatality (hell, I remember MK3fan did 2 friendships on me in my first tourney...) I could see a babality or something as taunting, but a fatality? I disagree.

X820

Noob

Ninjalord, eventhough I'm feeling what you are saying about server play, I'm sorry to see you have some bitternes in your tone.
I know that Scheiss's router is not suitable for (refuses) portforwarding and thus why he asked to play on WW.

If your ports aren't forwarded, you could have asked help here on how to set it up, or you both could have downloaded Hamachi and played P2p that way.

ninjalord said:
all i'll say is in the future, dciguy, you need to remove fatalities from tournaments(since imo it's taunting),and i thought it was pretty much an unwritten rule that you don't do them.
while I agree that its sort of an unwritten rule not to do them, I still dont think they should be banned. What is this communist russia? lmao
I think of all the possible ways to "finish him/her" fatalities are among the least offensive ways to do it. Baby's/Tea Bagging/ Friendships are all wayy more "taunt" like IMO. (unless your just being a douche with sub zeros freeze move)

Unwritten rules are just that...unwritten; and an rule that isnt written down in some form isnt much of a rule at all.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

ninjalord said:
all i'll say is in the future, dciguy, you need to remove fatalities from tournaments(since imo it's taunting),and i thought it was pretty much an unwritten rule that you don't do them. if you run another p2p/ps3 tournament, i think, for the sake of the game, you need to insist that everyone plays p2p. playing on west wonderland pretty much destroyed my tournament, and playing with 58 ping vs 40 ping was not really a good deal. i don't even play mk2 on godweapon very much anymore because i got tired of warping and non responsive hit detection.

in my konqrr match, there were so many games that could've gone either way ,that i don't even want to think about what those great games would've been like on godweapon or west wonderland, and i know first hand how playing on servers destroys the integrity of games. case in point. the first time i ever played p2p was against x820. we were playing on godweapon and i had an advantage, so he asked me to play p2p; the p2p games were night and day from the godweapon games.

i was so angry yesterday about that match, because i felt like i had no other choice but to play on west wonderland, and against my better judgement i agreed. server play should have been banned from the beginning of this tournament, since it defeats the entire point of this competition. i won't say that i would've won on p2p, that would be arrogant, but i will say that i would've accepted the loss. and as it stands now, i don't consider the west wonderland game a loss. i said ggs to scheiss; he won fair and square on west wonderland. but the past is the past, so i'm done with mk games for a while, i just don't feel like playing ithem anymore.
Ninjalord, while I agree with most of what you said, you have to be joking when it comes to fatalities. Of all the things that could be considered taunting, fatalities are near the bottom of the list. They are a natural part of the game and the sole reason most of us got into mortal kombat. If you don't like fatalities, then make sure you beat your opponent so they don't have the opportunity to perform one. With all due respect, I think you need to get some thicker skin.

In the future, kaillera tournaments should be done via p2p: no doubt.

You will still receive the $10 gift card (unless you voluntarily choose to forfeit that too.)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Friendships or Babalities might be considered a taunt, but they are so easy with jax, why punch at all? But fatalities? You have got to be kidding.

If we had to play on the server, ninjalord, it would be 58ms you vs 110ms me and I would have lost 13-0. I simply will not play on the server, I'd forfeit...delay makes me rage like that picture, win or lose.

btbb99

Noob

these excuses from everyone need to stop, it seems like nobody can just give credit to the other guy anymore, hey maybe you weren't playing at your best that day or maybe the other guy was at the top of his game, SHIT FUCKING HAPPENS, I talk to my buddy gematria on the phone and we talk about players using excuses all the time and it's hysterical. if you are going to have an excuse after the match or matches then you should have not played that match in the first place. as far as the west wonderland connection goes, i thought me and scheiss connection for the most part was good, were there a few times when i did a move and the move didn't come out? yes but i don't think thats what cost me the win, if i would have played better that wouldn't have mattered. scheiss played damn good, better then me and thats why i lost. if it will stop the excuses i def agree that the games must be played on p2p if the connections are really that much better.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

btbb99 said:
these excuses from everyone need to stop, it seems like nobody can just give to credit to the other guy anymore, hey maybe you weren't playing at your best that day or maybe the other guy was at the top of his game, SHIT FUCKING HAPPENS, I talk to my buddy gematria on the phone and we talk about players using excuses all the time and it's hysterical. if you are going to have an excuse after the match or matches then you should have not played that match in the first place. as far as the west wonderland connection goes, i thought me and scheiss connection for the most part was good, were there a few times when i did a move and the move didn't come out? yes but i don't think thats what cost me the win, if i would have played better that wouldn't have mattered. scheiss played damn good, better then me and thats why i lost. so hopefully these excuses stop i agree that tournaments must be played p2p if the connections are really that much better.
Hit the nail on the head, Brian. My match against X820 had craptastic lag, and we both knew it. Yeah, it sucked balls, but there wasn't much that could be done. In the end, I gave him credit for winning because the bottom line is he won the series. He probably would have beaten me even without the lag.

I think what's really drawing this side of people out in this tournament is the fact that there are prizes to be won. I doubt this kind of stuff would be coming out to the Nth degree otherwise.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

In a game that requires specific timing to counter jumps and blocked specials, etc., it is impossible to play your game in any kind of delay. You have to resort to, "I hope I time it right this time" or you will get jumped in on for free all day. The match turns into a retarded sweep mashing fest and too many throws that were not avoided due to the delay/lag.

If I have to deal with delay, then I simply won't play. If that is an excuse, then I'm guilty. Anything other than P2P is garbage.

dciguy01 said:
Hit the nail on the head, Brian. My match against X820 had craptastic lag, and we both knew it. Yeah, it sucked balls, but there wasn't much that could be done. In the end, I gave him credit for winning because the bottom line is he won the series. He probably would have beaten me even without the lag.

I think what's really drawing this side of people out in this tournament is the fact that there are prizes to be won. I doubt this kind of stuff would be coming out to the Nth degree otherwise.
With regards to that, no one has paid to enter this tourney. It is funded through pure donation of funds and time of classicmk members. I completely agree about lag issues as it annoys the hell outta me as well but I'm hoping no one is feeling bitter about missing out on money if its a free tourney.

Nuff said on that.

ScheissNussen said:
That being said, IceyTruth gets Top Kontributer status for donating the funds for this tournament. Congrats, and thank you.
Cheers bud

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

awww, hugs ^_^

Thanks Icey for contributing to this tournament, you are awesome.

X820

Noob

LOL ninjalord, you should go to an offline tourney and have someone youtube you going over nine thousand

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Hey Scheiss, how do you want to work out the prize distribution? I guess first of all the winner will need to state which system card they prefer, but then will you just give out the codes via PM? X820 is a little different, since he's the only prize winner not from the US.

Obviously, I'll be taking a PS3 card.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Reminder that the tournament must be completed by this evening.