What's new

Summer MK2 Tournament

btbb99

Noob
Summer MK2 Tournament (FIRST ROUND UNDERWAY)

just played my fights with gematria and i won, he's going to post the vids soon. sheiss when are you available to play?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

btbb99 said:
just played my fights with gematria and i won, he's going to post the vids soon. sheiss when are you available to play?
Congrats man. One of you better record this next matchup. I wanna see how scheiss plays!

btbb99

Noob

what else can i say but congrats to you scheiss, sick games right there, you won 7-6 in the 3rd round if i marked it right, i want a damn rematch lol. i hope to watch the vids

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Did I read this correctly? Wow. I guess now we all know what kind of a player Scheiss is. If you were able to knock off btbb (in very close fashion) after having not played in a long time, I shudder to think how you must play when you are at the top of your game!

Congrats to Scheiss. He can take at least 10% of the donations and put them in his own pocket, lol.

Gematria

Noob

Confirming my loss to btbb. I believe it was 7 him, 2 me, although there were a few really close ones that I think i could have won but ggs man an congrats on advancing. Im in the process of converting my video file with the Super program which is a very complicated program if anyone here has ever used it. Hopefully i can get the vids up tonight.

Congrats to everyone that has advanced and good luck to all. Looking forward to seeing who wins this!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Summer MK2 Tournament (QUARTERFINALS UNDERWAY)

Just played PMF026. In a nailbiter, I won 7-6. It went to the 12th round. You're pretty tough man. I'm sorry I nearly DQ'd you!

SECOND ROUND NOW UNDERWAY
Please have second round completed by Monday, August 23rd @ 11:59pm EST

pmf026

Noob

Finally... :))
PMF026 vs. DCIGUY01

1=dciguy01
2=pmf026
3=dciguy01
4=dciguy01
5=pmf026
6=pmf026
7=dciguy01
8=pmf026
9=pmf026
10=dciguy01
11=dciguy01
12=dciguy01
13=pmf026

Video will be ready soon... till then, you can watch this input (kREC format, requires p2p.nov client)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Alright. Now that my Russian excursion is over, the next stop on the DCI express is Denmark. Bo_DK, I'll try to play you either tonight or tomorrow. Winner gets at least $10!

I think it's funny to note that the only way I'll even have a shot to play someone from the US or on PS3 is if I make it to the finals.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Nice matches Gematria/btbb. Seeing Dan Forden's face has just reminded me of something...

If you are fighting on the portal stage and you trigger the fight with Smoke, intentionally or not, you will automatically forfeit that game. Not the match, just that game. It will count as one loss in the overall totals.

edit: I will be playing my matches with Bo_DK tomorrow afternoon.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

tonshaad1230 said:
Is it too late for me now? I was in Atlantic City and NO internet was there!
Sorry man. Deadline for first round was midnight last night. We had to move on without ya :(

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Bo_DK and I just played our matches (on PSN). They were laggy as hell, even worse than when I play Jesse89202. Bo_DK got up on me 5-2 and I thought it was all over, but then out of nowhere I turn it on and put together 5 straight wins for a final score of...

7-6
me

vggs Bo, some of the best I've played in a long time. Just wish we had a decent connection. Too bad you had an error recording, I would have loved to hear the commentary!

On a sidenote, I'm in the money! :D

Bo_DK

Noob

Congratulations DCI, those were great fights despite the lag.

I thought i would get the win when i reached 5 and then i got too brave and got my ass whooped :laugh:

I hate that i didnt check my record before we started, i was doing epic commentary and shouting at a butterfly who came in of the window and started flapping around.,
I allways dubble check before recording, so i have to say my bad :)

I hope you´ll buy me a beer with all them lovely money you´ve won :)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Bo_DK said:
I hope you´ll buy me a beer with all them lovely money you´ve won 0:)
Considering I have to flip $7 for tax on the prizes, I'm only guaranteed $3 right now, lol. If I manage to beat X820, then we'll see about that drink :)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

I can play ninjalord in the next two hours or I have to forfeit. Been sick in bed for two straight days. Soonest I can play after today is Tuesday.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Konqrr said:
I can play ninjalord in the next two hours or I have to forfeit. Been sick in bed for two straight days. Soonest I can play after today is Tuesday.
I'll try to contact ninjalord and see if we can get him online. I'd hate to see you drop out of this man (I'm sure he wouldn't mind though since it guarantees him $10, lol)

NOTE for the upcoming semi-final matches.
The winners go on for a chance to play for the grand prize of $50. The losers of DCI/X820 and Scheiss/??? will play each other to determine who takes the other prizes. Winner of the losers match takes $20 and the loser of that match takes $10.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Just got called in early, good luck ninjalord.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Summer MK2 Tournament (SEMIFINALS UNDERWAY)

Congrats to the following players for earning at least a $10 gift card in this tournament:
  • X820
  • Scheiss
  • DCIguy
Please note that Semifinal matches should be completed by Thursday evening, August 26th @ 11:59pm.

X820, I can play later this evening (if you're up), Monday, or Wednesday.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Sorry, hold the line guys. I just remembered the rule about byes in later rounds. Byes are only permitted in the first round. By rule, ninjalord must play the highest scoring losing player from the previous round. From round 1, the highest scoring losing player was

PMF026 - 6 wins

Ninjalord, you will need to play PMF026 prior to moving on. If he cannot play by midnight, then you will advance via bye.

edit: This stipulation will not apply because I am extending the deadline for Konqrr/ninjalord by one day.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

If you and konqrr can get the match done by Tuesday night I'll extend the deadline for you guys.