What's new

Summer MK2 Tournament

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Summer MK2 Tournament (SEMIFINALS UNDERWAY)

Tourney timelength extended to 8/29 (which is what I meant it to be originally) to accomodate ninjalord/konqrr. Second round must be done by Tuesday night and Semifinal matches should be completed by Thursday, 8/26 @ 11:59pm EST.

NoDoubt

nasty

so where's the tournament standing now? Will there be an updated bracket posting?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Thanks DCI for extending the deadline for me...and to ninjalord for accepting! See you in a couple days ^_^

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

NoDoubtArion said:
so where's the tournament standing now? Will there be an updated bracket posting?
Bracket is up to date. Konqrr/ninjalord have been given an extension till Tuesday night. The winner of that match will be expected to play Scheiss by the end of Thursday night.

(championship match will run through the end of Sunday if necessary.)

Bo_DK

Noob

DCI you should´nt extend the tourney period just because players cant agree to spend 20 minutes to play in the given time. You should disqualify them for not playing by the rules...

No offense to the players, but it cant be that hard to play 13 fights in a week.

Bo_DK said:
DCI you should´nt extend the tourney period just because players cant agree to spend 20 minutes to play in the given time. You should disqualify them for not playing by the rules...

No offense to the players, but it cant be that hard to play 13 fights in a week.
Konqqr has been ill. Thats a reasonable excuse I reckon for not being able to play and being allowed a bit more time.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

IceyTruth said:
Konqqr has been ill. Thats a reasonable excuse I reckon for not being able to play and being allowed a bit more time.
Yes, given the extenuating circumstance, I'm willing to make an exception. If, however, the match is not played by Tuesday night, I will DQ both players.

In that unlikely situation, Scheiss would play against the highest scoring losing player from round 2. Since both btbb99 and Bo_DK had 6 wins a piece, scheiss would get to pick who he plays. Essentially, he would have the power to give $10 to whoever he chooses. Start sucking up now you two, lol.

btbb99

Noob

dciguy01 said:
Yes, given the extenuating circumstance, I'm willing to make an exception. If, however, the match is not played by Tuesday night, I will DQ both players.

In that unlikely situation, Scheiss would play against the highest scoring losing player from round 2. Since both btbb99 and Bo_DK had 6 wins a piece, scheiss would get to pick who he plays. Essentially, he would have the power to give $10 to whoever he chooses. Start sucking up now you two, lol.
nice to no i have a chance again lol, if it is a choice for scheiss to pick me or bo_dk i hope he chooses the option of letting us play 13 matches to see who advances, since i think that's the most fair way to do it.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Just played X820 via p2p with wonderful lag. Well, in similar fashion, I found myself down 5-2. Only this time...it was not meant to be.

Final score:
9-4 X820

ggs man. Not my best stuff at all, but you deserve the win. GL in the finals :)

X820

Noob

Thanks man!

Yea, our connection was ridiculous man!

Lots of buttons loss and late frames all over the place lol

We deserved better, also random hated you LOL

Very GGs man.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

I stopped recording once you clinched because my fiancé was saying a lot of stuff in the background and I didn't want it to get on tape, lol.

X820

Noob

dciguy01 said:
I stopped recording once you clinched because my fiancé was saying a lot of stuff in the background and I didn't want it to get on tape, lol.
Gotcha lol

Bo_DK

Noob

btbb99 said:
nice to no i have a chance again lol, if it is a choice for scheiss to pick me or bo_dk i hope he chooses the option of letting us play 13 matches to see who advances, since i think that's the most fair way to do it.
Just my idea too, if it comes down to it, we play to advance to schiess :)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Money does strange things to people :)

That final sub-zero jax match at the end of the vid was awesome. DCi jumping about getting occasional jabs in while his health bar was on danger lol.

X820

Noob

IceyTruth said:
That final sub-zero jax match at the end of the vid was awesome. DCi jumping about getting occasional jabs in while his health bar was on danger lol.
We both were doing stupid stuff, I couldnt get a ground pound or a shock wave in the corner, looks funny as hell though :p

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

X820 said:
We both were doing stupid stuff, I couldnt get a ground pound or a shock wave in the corner, looks funny as hell though :p
Yeah, that whole time I was doing that song and dance in the final round I was thinking to myself "how the hell has he not finished me off yet?" If I would have pulled that one out, you probably would have finished me in the next match, though.

It was ridiculous because the next match (unrecorded) was, again, jax vs sub-zero. I was getting so sick of that matchup, lol

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

ninjalord said:
let's get these matches done konqrr. the vultures are circling us. lol.
You PM'd me 7pm Eastern Time. Sounds good. That's 5pm for me.

If anything happens (I have 3 kids who started school today, so yeah...lol) then I should be the only one eliminated and not ninjalord. I WILL be there though. I don't have Googletalk, so check your PM or I'll look in West Wonderland for you.

btbb99

Noob

even tho i'm no longer in the tourney and have no chance of money, i'm gonna give a shotout to iceytruth for sponsoring this tournament, cool ass thing to do man str8 up, it's really appreciated to say the least. when i come across some extra dough i'm gonna do the same no doubt. and thanks to dciguy for running the tournament as well!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

btbb99 said:
even tho i'm no longer in the tourney and have no chance of money, i'm gonna give a shotout to iceytruth for sponsoring this tournament, cool ass thing to do man str8 up, it's really appreciated to say the least. when i come across some extra dough i'm gonna do the same no doubt. and thanks to dciguy for running the tournament as well!
Thanks. I love running these things because it gives me a chance to work on my multimedia skills and I like organizing this stuff. Yes, thanks indeed to IceyTruth. This tournament would not have been possible without your generous donation.

It looks like I may have to keep the deathwatch out for konqrr/ninjalord. I hope it doesn't come to that.

btbb99 said:
dciguy01 said:
Thanks. I love running these things because it gives me a chance to work on my multimedia skills and I like organizing this stuff. Yes, thanks indeed to IceyTruth. This tournament would not have been possible without your generous donation.

It looks like I may have to keep the deathwatch out for konqrr/ninjalord. I hope it doesn't come to that.
Thanks to DCi for running it all, its been really good fun so far. Really enjoyed watching the matches that have been posted.

I'm more than happy to donate towards the MK community. I'm always impressed when I see posts of some of the other guys on this forum turning up at tournies, promoting MK and playing it. The UK just doesn't have the same drive for this game, so this is me attempting to give something back and promote the classicMK community.

X820

Noob

btbb99 said:
Hear hear!