What's new

Summer MK2 Tournament

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Congratulations to Scheiss on winning the Summer 2010 MK2 Tournament

Tournament run dates: 8/16 - 8/29

Bracket Link
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/dciguy01/mk2SummerTourney-6.jpg

This is a Kaillera/PS3 tournament; however Kaillera is the primary playing format. Explanation:
  • If both users use MAME/Kaillera, the match will be played via Kaillera.
  • If both users have a PS3, the match may be played on either Kaillera or PS3.
  • If one user has Kaillera and the other only has a PS3, the match MUST be played via Kaillera. This means the PS3 user will need to download the Kaillera software and use it for the match-up.
Basically, PS3 may be used to play the matches; but if one player does not have a PS3 then the matches MUST be played via Kaillera. If you do not have Kaillera installed on your computer and/or need assistance with getting it setup, please see this link for detailed instructions:
http://classicmk.com/index.php?topic=1046.0

PRIZES
1st Place - $50 (or equivalent value) PSN/XBL/Wii card
2nd Place - $20 (or equivalent value) PSN/XBL/Wii card
3rd Place - $20 (or equivalent value) PSN/XBL/Wii card
4th Place - $10 (or equivalent value) PSN/XBL/Wii card

Since we are playing for money and prizes, the rules will be strictly enforced by CMK staff. CMK veterans should already be familiar with the guidelines; however if you are a newcomer we ask that you please read over these rules very carefully to ensure the tournament runs as smoothly as possible.

OFFICIAL RULES

• Best of 13 matches (not first to 7, therefore every match must be played even if you have accumulated the majority of wins). This will become important in tiebreakers.
  • Once brackets are posted, a given timeframe to complete your quarterfinal match with your opponent and post results of your match by 11:59 pm est of the deadline date.
  • You do not need to record your match, but please write down your scores (ie. 4-9 or 6-7) and character matchups if you remember them.
  • Tourney duration will be 2 weeks. Deadline for reporting scores will be posted. Please get your matches done ASAP to keep the tourney running as smoothly as possible.
  • To avoid unfair counterpicking, all matches MUST be done using random select.
  • In order to register, you MUST post in this thread and state you wish to enter. Do not message CMK staff, IceyTruth, or myself. NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • If you have been previously banned from CMK, you are not permitted to enter the tournament. CMK staff reserves the right, at any time, to disqualify any participant suspected of ban evasion.
DISQUALIFICATIONS

• If a player selects a character without random select that match will NOT count. If you accidentally pick Liu Kang or Reptile, then the match will not count and will be omitted. (If you need to message your opponent in game for whatever reason then let the timer run out on the character select screen)
  • If a player willingly quits than that player is eliminated for the entire tourney *lag exception see below
  • If a player no-shows a match or does not complete the 13 matches they are disqualified
  • If a player does not post results of their match they will be disqualified
  • If a person is lagging severely with several people, intentional or not, that player may be removed from the entire tournament.
  • Anyone suspected of purposely lagging a match to gain an unfair advantage will be disqualified.
POSTING RESULTS OF A MATCH

Remember to have a pen and paper ready when you play your games so you can write down your results after each match.

Example:
1= wazz56
2= smoke
3= wazz56
4= wazz56
5= smoke
6= smoke
7= wazz56
8= smoke
9= smoke
10= wazz56
11= wazz56
12= smoke
13= wazz56

LAG EXCEPTION

• If connection breaks, then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory than the player has a right to report it. (if you click the ps3 button you will see if the person is still playing mk2... if it doesn't than they've manually exited the game).
  • In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back to this thread IMMEDIATELY and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent.
  • *You will have up to the 3rd match to quit on account of lag if it is really unplayable without being faulted (after the 3rd match is played you must continue the rest of your 10 remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in.) You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this asap in this thread in order to get a new opponent other wise you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to first round matches. Semi's and Finals must be played regardless of lag.
  • If a person is DQ'ed, and another opponent cannot be found for the remaining player, then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve, than the player will receive a bye. Byes only allowed in quarterfinals. if a replacement player is needed in the semi's or finals, it will be determined from the previous rounds' highest scoring losing player. If there is a tie than the winner will get to pick.
In order to optimize internet speed, Please DO NOT:
  • have anything other than MAME running on your PC
  • any 2.4 ghz cordless telephone calls
If possible, try to get a hardwired connection; whether the matches are played on PSN or Kaillera. The last thing you want have happen is get DQ'd due to lag. Remember, you are playing for a shot at some serious gift cards and you don't want it to just go up in smoke!

Enjoy!

SIGNUPS
-----------------
1. DCIguy01
2. GoldenOreos
3. Dave0electro
4. Raven
5. X820
6. ScheissNussen
7. Konqrr
8. Ninjalord
9. John2kx
10. Btbb99
11. Gematria
12. tonshaad1230 DQ
13. the-oringal-razer
14. MK3Fan
15. Bo_DK
16. IceyTruth

RESERVE LIST
-----------------------
1. pmf026 - ACTIVE

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
summer mk2 tourney thread

Fucking Droid sucks. I fat fingered a key and hit delete thread.

Very good games and congrats to X820, he won 9-4 against me just now. It's amazing how much smoother MAME is compared to PSN, except for that one desynch we had mid-way.

Congrats on your $10 dude

X820

Noob

Dave0 and I just had our matches, I won 9-4.

Great stuff man, I look forward in playing with you again.

X820

Noob

Davey_8000 said:
Very good games and congrats to X820, he won 9-4 against me just now. It's amazing how much smoother MAME is compared to PSN, except for that one desynch we had mid-way.

Congrats on your $10 dude
Thanks man, I appreciate it :)

Finally a guy that doesn't have the PS3 as a religion and sees this for what it is, better.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

ninjalord said:
when do you want to play,konqrr?
I'll be home in a couple hours and have a ton of homework to do, but I'm sure I can peel myself away from it all to play our matches. Winner gets at least $10 :confused: so psyched lol

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Summer MK2 Tournament (FIRST ROUND UNDERWAY)

Thread updated and restored.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

X820 said:
Dave0 and I just had our matches, I won 9-4.

Great stuff man, I look forward in playing with you again.
Congrats to X820. He is the first player to CA$H in for money in the tournament!

Tonshaad, where are you at man? Let's get our matches going.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

I just talked to btbb99 over the phone and I can't figure out the problem. He's using a PS3 controller on his PC and for some reason he can't get it to work properly on the PC. X820 is probably the best resource, but with him being over in the Netherlands I know those two won't be communicating via phone. Scheiss, you're in the US. Maybe you could help him out?

wazz

Noob

dciguy01 said:
I just talked to btbb99 over the phone and I can't figure out the problem. He's using a PS3 controller on his PC and for some reason he can't get it to work properly on the PC. X820 is probably the best resource, but with him being over in the Netherlands I know those two won't be communicating via phone. Scheiss, you're in the US. Maybe you could help him out?

these u tube vids may help

or

Use PS3 controller on PC Tutorial (Old Drivers)

btbb99

Noob

thanks wazz for posting this, i'm going to try it right now, should this would with windows 7 do you know?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Tonshaad appears like he may no show our matchup. PMF026 better get ready to jump in.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Scheiss, the main page link needs to be updated

X820

Noob

I pm'd Tonshaad, hopefully he'll be able to get back into this.

On a sidenote, Shangman linked me to this website, it's a PS3 driver.
Supposed to be real good (and easy to install) and it even supports wireless if you have a bluetooth dongle.

Hope this helps.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Has tonshaad even signed in since signup? This is getting rediculous.

X820

Noob

dciguy01 said:
Has tonshaad even signed in since signup? This is getting rediculous.
I don't know really, I haven't seen him in a while.

Let's wait another day, after that you can decide if he gets replaced to move this along.

btbb99

Noob

thanks for the help everyone with the controller but i went out and bought a controller form best buy today, should have done this a few days ago, so i'm ready to get this tourney goin fellas

X820

Noob

btbb99 said:
thanks for the help everyone with the controller but i went out and bought a controller form best buy today, should have done this a few days ago, so i'm ready to get this tourney goin fellas
Right on!

pmf026

Noob

dciguy01 said:
Tonshaad appears like he may no show our matchup. PMF026 better get ready to jump in.
Oh! That's great! I'm ready!

ps: As some of you may know that I'm from Russia, which means I cannot play on West Wonderland because of high ping and 11-13 frames delay (~135ms) but, fortunately I can host p2p session... you'll need OpenKaillera n02.p2p v0r6 client. And my msn is working now (switched to miranda), it is [email protected].

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Friendly reminder that first round matches must be completed AND POSTED by midnight tonight. In the case of tonshaad, he has until 3 pm est to post in this thread or he will be dqd.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Tonshaad has been disqualified. Pmf, I know you are in Russia. Can you play within the next 7 hours?