What's new

Sudden influx of Kano players

Sequel

Boob Titbot
Nah, neither of them are. But we've all admitted to the up ball being exploitable, I've just tried to help provide what you can do against it for the time being. It's not a fail safe solution throw checking it, but it'll discourage/stop the people who simply abuse it since he's the FoTM.

I'm just tired of NRS' mess, I don't know who the hell thought this was a good idea. It's by far one of the worst mistakes I've seen in any game, especially post-production at that...really makes me question their decisions and if this game will last due to such colossally poor judgement.

:confused:
If only we had a proper training mode we could clear up a ton of misinformed bullshit... it's good to dream I guess. : /

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
If only we had a proper training mode we could clear up a ton of misinformed bullshit... it's good to dream I guess. : /
I'm gonna be honest with you, this is really making me consider picking up AE. What bothers me is, they would've had the money to truly put this game on a tournament level if they didn't blow so much money on the dumbass story mode.

That story mode was awful. It diverted SO MUCH ATTENTION from what matters in this game to the developers. My head was in my palm the entire duration of that story mode...it was just downright cheesy and bad.

I've yet to even play CSZ or Quan Chi. I don't know why I bothered even completing it.

GNG Iniquity

Nah man, it's all about hawking uninspired DLC costumes for profit!
Yeah, it's just getting hard to sit here and say to myself "Well, I'm going to be enjoying this in 6 months!"

Not that Capcom is devoid of on disc DLC, Jill was, but eh. I'm just tired of the practice. We know that NRS will make a fortune off that $5 because every yahoo in the world knows MK as a kid and wants the retro Ninjas. I hope this money goes towards fixing the fuckin' game though.

Mgt2

Noob
lol@ Kano broken Comment
lol@ a lot of stupid comments "you know who you are"

The tools are there, does Kano have an amazing Up ball? yes he does. Was the buff dumb in that area? yes imo. Should we blame all the Kano users for that? No specially the community in TYM, Was the low hit buff need it? yes imo, good tool for mix ups. Are some users in this forum acting dumb and trying to troll Kano users? yes they are, so clear and they should let the Kano community deal with this issue and enjoy it at the same time. was Kano unknown by regular users before patch? yes just a few of players were maining him and yet his Threads are so great in this forum. Kano players I am proud of all of you and keep the good work.

Who the hell half ass patches the game after a month?
NRS!!!!!! And thats not the kicker. Now after breaking the already broken game (huh?) They decide to sell us pallete swaps :facepalm: Hate to be the pessimist but the future is looking bleak.

GNG Iniquity

NRS!!!!!! And thats not the kicker. Now after breaking the already broken game (huh?) They decide to sell us pallete swaps :facepalm: Hate to be the pessimist but the future is looking bleak.
I hope it lasts, but at this rate, they're really fucking themselves over.

PSN

Noob
I'm a recent convert and have noticed the people moving to Kano as well. Not surprised tbh. I will guilt free admit that I switched to Kano for his buffs and the ease of his use. Now, in the defense of very good Kano players, I suck. Yes, against mediocre to average level players I can beat them cheaply with Kano's exploits 50% of the time. However, let me make this clear, it isn't an automatic win. Now, this may be because I am not very inspired by MK9 anymore and just don't have much passion to work on him. Maybe if he I spent several hours in training mode with Kano I would get why people are crying over Kano, but I can't.

MK9 if nothing more got me into the fighting game scene. It made me love the family feel of this amazing community. But, now that I'm here I'm just hungry for the other parts of it. I'm hungry for Tekken and Street Fighter and my desire for this game is growing less and less with ridiculously early buffs and broken patches from NRS. It's depressing.

I'm all for dissenting opinions but this thread is depressing. While off-topic, the game dies if we let it die. Are there valid NRS criticisms in here? Yes sir. But ultimately the lifespan falls on us. I'm not saying we should all be singing the high praises of MK while pretending the game is perfect, but all the gloom and doom lately is starting to get to me.

GNG Iniquity

Well...I'm retiring Kano until the patch. I played a mirror match and literally all the guy did was up ball, knife spam, and x-ray. He beat me with a lucky x-ray but I'm just at the point where I'm so repulsed by the way people are playing him that I cannot touch him. Kano's got some nice mix up and other actual legitimate tools yet nobody uses em.

So, I bid you ado Kano until further notice. Now if only I wasn't getting annihilated trying to pick up Reptile! :(

Even after up-ball gets nerfed, Kano will still be a great all around character. He can zone effectively, has great anti-air (an air-throw, even), has combos beginning with both low and medium hits, and an unblockable X-Ray. He really is a jack of all trades.

I can see his X-Ray damage getting toned down in the future and knives having a little more recovery.

GNG Iniquity

And I can me not agreeing with you at all.
I'm not against his knives having a slower recovery at this point, either. Kitana also needs a slower recovery on her fans. At least you can crouch and avoid Kano's knives.

I hate hate hate being locked down with Kitana fan spam.

I can see his X-Ray damage getting toned down in the future and knives having a little more recovery.
Not really. It only does about 6% more than most X-Rays. And it's can't hit air enemies, it's uncomboable, and it's slow. The only way to use this properly offline is as a reversal or a frame trap, which most X-Rays can do anyway.

I think when they nerf the Up Ball, they should just leave him alone. Especially since after the UpBall nerf there are going to be a selection of characters who will be better technically.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I hope it lasts, but at this rate, they're really fucking themselves over.
I don't see how the upball drags down the whole rest of the game. It was changed for what, three weeks? and its going back, its not like its staying this way.

And every game has frivolous dlc. Don't buy it if you don't want to. NRS is getting a lot of undeserved hate in this thread.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
BINGO!
People on here try and hide the fact that their character is good. I am putting it out there, knives have a retarded recovery time and his upball current is OP. They must be scared for people to know the truth about their character haha, but don't worry all I do is whine and bitch.
Any character with an air fireball can output projectiles at the same frequency, I wouldn't say his knives are the problem. I find that the biggest problem with the MK community is that people don't delve any deeper than understanding 2 or 3 of their favorite combo strings and all of their special moves. A majority of matches are played with naked unsafe special moves and the players don't have the mental competency to figure out how to improve from there.

I'm all for nerfing his up ball because I view it as somewhat of a problem but I wouldn't touch anything else. From my perception the strongest characters in this game have specials moves that are relatively safe on block and can stop any form of pressure in its tracks. I'm all for moves that get people the fuck off you but that ability should come at some risk (If I block, I should have the opportunity to retaliate assuming my reactions are quick enough).

Sequel

Boob Titbot
lol@ Kano broken Comment
lol@ a lot of stupid comments "you know who you are"

The tools are there, does Kano have an amazing Up ball? yes he does. Was the buff dumb in that area? yes imo. Should we blame all the Kano users for that? No specially the community in TYM, Was the low hit buff need it? yes imo, good tool for mix ups. Are some users in this forum acting dumb and trying to troll Kano users? yes they are, so clear and they should let the Kano community deal with this issue and enjoy it at the same time. was Kano unknown by regular users before patch? yes just a few of players were maining him and yet his Threads are so great in this forum. Kano players I am proud of all of you and keep the good work.
You want to get some games in?

GNG Iniquity

Honestly, I would prefer Kano and Jax to have x-rays that you can combo into. Not only are they cheap but very difficult to pull off once the other player is familiar with the character and expects them. All you have to do is jump.

Eight

I am the salt
And very soon after the patch hits, the bandwagoners will find the next character with a bit of imba in their blood and you will see that character fucking everywhere

The tide of scrubs ebbs and flows with the patches

:violin:

kano is the man!! only thing is his combo damage is crap. It be great if when they nerf the upball they allow more options for combos like b2,f1-knife-ball or maybe make b2,3 a dashable launcher, kinda like what they did for baraka (which was awesome). But his mathcup game is just crazy.

imagine:
b2,3-2,1,2-b2,f1-knife-ball
orgasmic :)

GNG Iniquity

kano is the man!! only thing is his combo damage is crap. It be great if when they nerf the upball they allow more options for combos like b2,f1-knife-ball or maybe make b2,3 a dashable launcher, kinda like what they did for baraka (which was awesome). But his mathcup game is just crazy.

imagine:
b2,3-2,1,2-b2,f1-knife-ball
orgasmic :)
Honestly, that's why I'm not playing him now. I've 'mastered' the character, not that there's much to his combos but I don't just sit there and spam up ball/knives. I'm just genuinely finding it disappointing playing the character now and don't care to invest anymore time into him in his current phase. If I'm going to lose, I can just revert to full screen knife spam followed by a horizontal ball or various other bitchy tactics he has.

I'd prefer to win by some massive juggle which actually takes some skill. If the patch fixes him, great. If not, I don't really care at this point.

Honestly, that's why I'm not playing him now. I've 'mastered' the character, not that there's much to his combos but I don't just sit there and spam up ball/knives. I'm just genuinely finding it disappointing playing the character now and don't care to invest anymore time into him in his current phase. If I'm going to lose, I can just revert to full screen knife spam followed by a horizontal ball or various other bitchy tactics he has.

I'd prefer to win by some massive juggle which actually takes some skill. If the patch fixes him, great. If not, I don't really care at this point.
thats what im saying, revamp his ass so:
they nerf the ball
tweak his combo system

and wualah, he's a damn beast

but seriously mk9 is too awesome to give up just because of one thing

you gotta remember AE is made by cap so you know there is gonna be tons of BS, ill still probably pick it up but MK is my main fighter

GNG Iniquity

See, the difference in SF though is, I'll lose to a smart player. In MK, I lose to an exploit. It's hard to take this game seriously anymore...

Mind you, the up ball exploit was a decision by NRS to patch in...makes me very pessimistic about the future of this game.