What's new

Sudden influx of Kano players

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Just a couple days ago I rarely if ever faced a Kano user, but all of a sudden they are popping up every where. Did he get a buff or is it just the FoTM (flavor of the month) and all the noobs figured "Hey, I'll spam knife throw and ball and win" even though that shit doesnt work on me.

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Indeed he got a great buff during the hot fix.
His up ball is very safe on block. I have yet to see a person punish it.
His F3 is now a low.
With these changes his close range game is alot more solid, and his mix up game is alot more deadly. He can do 21% from his overhead, or launch you with F3 + B2 into about 30%. Regardless if he got this buff or not you will still encounter people who spam knifes just cuz they can. Smart players wont fall into that.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Flavor of the month. NRS goofed the fuck up and decided to speed up his up ball, which is difficult to punish, you can block it and attempt to throw him however to discourage him. The change is being reverted within the next few weeks.

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
So wait there changing up ball back?
But there gonna keep the low hit into launcher yes?

Not gonna lie I aint even mad at that thought. That move makes me feel so dirty when i play now.

GNG Iniquity

So wait there changing up ball back?
But there gonna keep the low hit into launcher yes?

Not gonna lie I aint even mad at that thought. That move makes me feel so dirty when i play now.
Yeah, low launcher will still be there, they're just fixing the ball. All I wanted was the low launcher, I don't know what NRS are doing with this game so far. He didn't need it. Hell, look at Jax, that character NEEDS something.

But yeah, how can you really avoid using it entirely? I use it selectively for anti-airs, getting out of the corner, hopping opponents and as a wake up. Kano's horizontal ball is invincible in the start up frames as a wake up as well, but if they block it, then you're right in their face. Sometimes I don't want that.

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
I agree, I am more than happy for the low hit. But everything else is uneccessary, I just hope Kano doesnt get crazy nerfed for being good. No disrespect to game developers, but they overdose with nerfs sometimes.

And yea, I would love to see jax atleast get a damage buff.

I mainly use ball to EX over projectiles where i cant instant air ball over them. Like the Sindel match up. Or as the obvious anti-air. And the reach on it is very very good, probally the best anti-air in the game. I love using it on wake even before the patch, now its like safe wake up. And I almost never use regular ball unless in a combo. But if they jump a knife and i dont think up ball will reach i regular ball to tag them in the air.

GNG Iniquity

Yeah, I don't bother with his horizontal balls anymore either. Except on RARE instances, they're ridiculously punishable against skilled players, really not worth the risk. Knives are at least safe on a block.

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
I try not to spam knifes too much against good players. If they're good, they know ways around projectiles. Like I was playing Dark_Rob on the stream tonight and I was doing my best to respect Subz up close game, by keeping up knife pressure but also keeping his slide in mind.

GNG Iniquity

Yeah, you gotta zone Sub with knives; he's just nasty up close. A good Sub is a rough match, I usually 50/50 those.

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Yea I tried and failed to rush him down one of the rounds and just let him take it so i could recover and go back to being lame. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

How often do you use air ball. I mainly use it to convince them that projectiles are unsafe and that they should respect my jump entirely.

GNG Iniquity

Yea I tried and failed to rush him down one of the rounds and just let him take it so i could recover and go back to being lame. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

How often do you use air ball. I mainly use it to convince them that projectiles are unsafe and that they should respect my jump entirely.
Very rarely, anymore, I usually just use the air ball if I have an opponent trying to jump after me or is doing a string in which I can hop back and hit him with the ball.

Gemini Knight

Astaroth needs Fatalities
I was watching the stream as well. Sub played properly is really tough against Kano.

That "other thread" in the Kano forums just got out of hand. I wanted to ask about a certain string, but I'll ask here if its ok.

What do ya'll think about f+1,2? It has some range, more range than b+1. On block, up ball can stop the interrupts, setting up for other mixups, and you have space to react. On hit the opponent has to respect what Kano can do next.

GNG Iniquity

I usually use B+1,1,2 or 2,1,2 since they're safe on block. B+1,1,2 is excellent for building meter if they're crouch blocking. I'll give f+1,2 a shot though.

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Thanks for watching Im really hoping to get some feedback and learn to play a more solid Kano.

And as for F+1,2 i would need to look into it some more mainly cuz i prefer B+1,1,2 (pause) upball. It seems like the blockstun can set up a nice up ball mix up, convincing them to chill out and like you said. Respect what Kano can do next. Leaving the situation in your favor. And with breaker stocked you can do more shinanagens to stay random. I would need to use F+1,2 more, but i agree the range is very usefull

Gemini Knight

http://www.justin.tv/kombatnetwork/b/286745880

I come in around part 2. I do my best to rewatch how i play and critque my own style. I failed to combo tonight so I am very disappointed in that lol.
I always mess up those combos where you have to time 2,1,2,. I just do the 2,1,2_f+3,b+2, dash up b+1, 2,1,2, dash up f+12~up ball. 1% less but stable.

One thing though: If you got x-ray up and you are in the deciding round, count your hits that you make. Six kano balls or 7 knives landed(or two max combos landed) means that x-ray will win the round.

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
I have the toughest time with B+1,1,2 into 2,1,2. I can get it alot better now, but still mess up. I dunno why i was failing so hard in the combo department tonight. But juggling 2,1,2 dash 2,1,2 isnt too hard. the second string is the hardest cuz you gotta let him fall a bit before doing it so you get the pop up. Its not hard, but jumping from offline to online and such screws up my timing cuz im human

Gemini Knight

For me, B+112 into dash 212 varies on which tv I play on. On a CRT I have to time it differently and I drop it more on a CRT. What helps me out is after B+112 I raise my right hand off of the controller and as I input the dash I lower my right index finger to 212. If all else fails I just end it with up ball.

GNG Iniquity

http://www.justin.tv/kombatnetwork/b/286745880

I come in around part 2. I do my best to rewatch how i play and critque my own style. I failed to combo tonight so I am very disappointed in that lol.
Those were some nice matches, man. I thought you faired well, I'm very cautious with my ground ball when I play Sub though because if I'm frozen I'm generally treated to a full fledged ass raping. Thank you, Jago! :D I did note that there were a lot of opportunities that you could've used your x-ray when Rob was rushing you down, though, 41% would've discouraged him from rushing you down even if you only pulled it off only once in those match ups!

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Word, maybe the TV did have lag tonight. I play on an analog TV i think the term is. Regardless i dont practise on HD TVs.

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Those were some nice matches, man. I thought you faired well, I'm very cautious with my ground ball when I play Sub though because if I'm frozen I'm generally treated to a full fledged ass raping. Thank you, Jago! :D I did note that there were a lot of opportunities that you could've used your x-ray when Rob was rushing you down, though, 41% would've discouraged him from rushing you down even if you only pulled it off only once in those match ups!
Thanks dude. And yea I try not to rely too much on x-ray unless their in the corner or if their doing a jump in. I like to throw in an x-ray during my rush down and oki game. And i would rather keep my meter for breakers against sub. Even if he freezes me I dont want him getting the life lead.

:l:fp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp is not that hard to connect, you just have to input the dash while doing the last hit, then intermediately link into the second string, the only tricky part is not start the second combo string till you have dashed a bit.

Of course, all of this is offline, online is a whole different kind of hellish spawn of evil of a combo.

GNG Iniquity

Thanks dude. And yea I try not to rely too much on x-ray unless their in the corner or if their doing a jump in. I like to throw in an x-ray during my rush down and oki game. And i would rather keep my meter for breakers against sub. Even if he freezes me I dont want him getting the life lead.
Yeah, I can agree with you there!

Could also be everybody watching Mike Ross choking ppl up online. Although I have seen Kano much more than before but most if not all are ball happy and i just kept ice cloning and they still would roll from full screen.