What's new

Sudden influx of Kano players

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
Could also be everybody watching Mike Ross choking ppl up online. Although I have seen Kano much more than before but most if not all are ball happy and i just kept ice cloning and they still would roll from full screen.
Ya if any good Kano players would know you can out projectile Sub when he does the clones with the knifes or go over the clones with ex up ball but noobs are noobs, hopefully that will change when the patch comes and people will just go on to the next best thing

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Yup, faced some more Kano knife+ball spammers today but by getting in their face and blocking the ball spam left them with a serious punish. I just dont understand the noob mentality. It seems they all gravitate towards the characters that take the least effort (to spam) and hope that shit will win them many games. Like I faced some guys with ridiculous W/L ratios, but yet they were so terrible. Is W/L really that important to some players ?

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Ya if any good Kano players would know you can out projectile Sub when he does the clones with the knifes or go over the clones with ex up ball but noobs are noobs, hopefully that will change when the patch comes and people will just go on to the next best thing
LOL I totally forgot you could EX up ball over that clone, but see you learn something everyday. Now Im more prepared to out zone and anger any Subz trying to sit behind their clone like a shield.

tehm

Noob
LOL I totally forgot you could EX up ball over that clone, but see you learn something everyday. Now Im more prepared to out zone and anger any Subz trying to sit behind their clone like a shield.
Can do a lot more than that with EX Upball... it's actually one of the best tools Kano has for getting in on people that he can't successfully zone out (basically all of his hard matchups) and can/should pretty much be a "go to" any time you aren't in close and don't feel comfortable throwing a knife.

One thing to remember for sure is that EX up ball is not just upball~air ball... it's upball~full tracking air ball. It can beat teleports, dashes, supermen, and pretty much anything else you can think of too.

Jade101

Noob
Can do a lot more than that with EX Upball... it's actually one of the best tools Kano has for getting in on people that he can't successfully zone out (basically all of his hard matchups) and can/should pretty much be a "go to" any time you aren't in close and don't feel comfortable throwing a knife.

One thing to remember for sure is that EX up ball is not just upball~air ball... it's upball~full tracking air ball. It can beat teleports, dashes, supermen, and pretty much anything else you can think of too.
They really need to fix that up ball. I really want this game to do well, but nrs dont look like they know what to do!

tehm

Noob
To my knowledge EX Up ball was never changed and I've never really heard anyone complaining about it before...

I was just stating that it's going criminally underused by most of the Kano players I've seen when it's really one of the best tools in Kano's toolbox (in my opinion anyways).

It's the only real full screen punish (from neutral) that Kano gets... why wouldn't you (ab)use the hell out of it?

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
To my knowledge EX Up ball was never changed and I've never really heard anyone complaining about it before...

I was just stating that it's going criminally underused by most of the Kano players I've seen when it's really one of the best tools in Kano's toolbox (in my opinion anyways).

It's the only real full screen punish (from neutral) that Kano gets... why wouldn't you (ab)use the hell out of it?

Well the obvious answer as to why you wouldnt (ab)use the EX up ball is saving meter for breakers.

But your point is valid and something I really wanna test out now, but I am worried about it getting baited out. Maybe use it more like an answer than a way to move over the fire ball. The thing i dont like about EX is that it goes up then down at a speed that seems slower then doing an instant air ball. But i could be wrong ya know.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Is W/L really that important to some players ?
The W/L ratio is worthless imo, ranked matches are one thing, but I never bother queing for those because honestly it takes forever and I don't have the patience. In terms of player matches though, the guy with 600 wins and 300 losses may selectively play 1 round matches against players with limited online experience, or may just play a ton with inexperienced friends.

I have about 200 wins, I've beaten people pretty badly with 600+ wins. The battle point (kombat point) system of SF4 probably should've been adapted to this game.

Yeah, low launcher will still be there, they're just fixing the ball.
Where did you hear that? Are they going to revert it to the way Up Ball was before or are they just going to make it a little more punishable (2-3 more frames of recovery)?

Anyway, I'm glad they're toning it down a bit. That up ball was a big turn off for me. I mean the only reason why I mained Kano was because you had to play smart with him pre-patch. But with the unpunishable Up Ball he became way too cheap and easy to use.

GNG Iniquity

Where did you hear that? Are they going to revert it to the way Up Ball was before or are they just going to make it a little more punishable (2-3 more frames of recovery)?

Anyway, I'm glad they're toning it down a bit. That up ball was a big turn off for me. I mean the only reason why I mained Kano was because you had to play smart with him pre-patch. But with the unpunishable Up Ball he became way too cheap and easy to use.
Tom mentioned the ball being toned down/reverted back to it's prior state in the Kano strat thread. And, I agree, people still respect my Kano because I do far more than just use the up ball but I prefer him not having such a negative association.

But but but....Kanos not cheap or brainless!!!!
Just a few days ago you guys were sucking each other off and saying that Kano needed buffs and that up ball wasn't that bad and that he still took skill, guess you guys got beat by that "newb" shit then huh? Wake up and realize when I say something is brainless kids it is.
Shame none of you kids got the balls to message me on PSN so I could show you just how brainless he is, instead you guys lose to garbage laugh.
By the way I fought a few people on TYM channel on psn yesterday just after getting stitches in my hand so I couldn't even spam or move fast and I still dominated fools with Kano, give me a break.

Also nice to see Tom go back on his word with "Kano isn't cheap and games only been out a month he still has some rough match ups" Guess he got spammed out too.

cyke_out

Noob
Please show us where any Kano player asked for the up-ball fix? All we ever wanted was the f+3 to be a low. We gladly accepted the up-ball, cuz who wouldn't want their main to get buffed, but no one ever cried about it.

The only thing I was asking for was for F3 to hit low and for up ball to have less recovery ON WHIFF (not on hit or on block). I wanted that to make more shenanigans possible like cross-over balls on opponent wake up into throw attemps or x-ray lol.

GNG Iniquity

Kaz, give me a break man. You showed up a few days ago and have done nothing but talk about the up ball. None of us asked for it - go email NRS about this or bitch somewhere else. It's getting fixed. Move the fuck on.

Please don't even bother responding to this. I don't care to do this anymore. We'll see if this game gets any better once the patch comes out, I'm hoping it does.

I need something to revitalize my interest in this game, besides Ninja pallet swap nostalgia DLC that's on the disc which I'm not paying for simply of the principle of it.

watch your tone, bro. Your new, i'll let it slide but learn how to discuss things like a somewhat mature person, cool?
Oh joy you let me slide! Ill have to watch my opinion I suppose since your "community" can't handle the truth? Kano is brainless and that's all there is to it. Kids are nothing but bandwagon nut huggers trying to defend fact they can't play without cheap gimmicks.
Oh wait...was that to real for you?
Please make more TYM channels so I can go in there and destroy all you kids.

GNG Iniquity

I gave up my faith on God solving all the wrongs in the world, but there's still hope for TYM!

Sequel

Boob Titbot
Considering that this was tested in a tournament and with competent players, Up Ball will be getting tweaked. Kano players getting all riled up and sensitive when it's brought up is laughable. This is nothing compared to what Kung Lao players like myself had to endure.

If any you remember the older Tier threads you would know what I am talking about.

GNG Iniquity

Considering that this was tested in a tournament and with competent players, Up Ball will be getting tweaked. Kano players getting all riled up and sensitive though is laughable. This is nothing compared to what Kung Lao players like myself had to endure.

If any you remember the older Tier threads you would know what I am talking about.
I've seen the fight, and that guy was blatantly exploiting it. I don't use it that way, nor do I think anyone who's played Kano since launch uses it that way. He didn't even attempt to mix you up and use an actual combo. I saw Alex's Shang getting exploited to fuck and lost over half his health to OnlineTony's Kabal's infinite block glitch but nobody has mentioned that...

Hopefully they'll both be resolved. Kung Lao never deserved the hate, people just suck, can't block and run into his spin on wakeup.

Sequel

Boob Titbot
I've seen the fight, and that guy was blatantly exploiting it. I don't use it that way, nor do I think anyone who's played Kano since launch uses it that way. He didn't even attempt to mix you up and use an actual combo. I saw Alex's Shang getting exploited to fuck and lost over half his health to OnlineTony's Kabal's infinite block glitch but nobody has mentioned that...

Hopefully they'll both be resolved. Kung Lao never deserved the hate, people just suck, can't block and run into his spin on wakeup.
Yeah that fight was mostly me dropping combos and what have you. I was never really basing my concern with Up Ball on that match. After that match however, we all went in the lab with Kano and tested stuff.

And yes, I agree about the Kabal pseudo-infinite. We just found out last night that you can jump out of it. Forward or backwards. So it's not an infinite like everyone thinks. Valle just didn't know that you could until after we got in the lab.

Did anyone else notice how off-topic this thread is?

Reasons why people are hopping on the bandwagon with Kano:
1) Buffed practically unpublishable up-ball (we all agree on that)
2) Tom Brady said he was S tier

GNG Iniquity

Did anyone else notice how off-topic this thread is?

Reasons why people are hopping on the bandwagon with Kano:
1) Buffed practically unpublishable up-ball (we all agree on that)
2) Tom Brady said he was S tier
That's mainly the problem I have with these discussions, people were completly unaware of Kano for the most part until Tom Brady mentioned he was S tier and people started blatantly exploiting the up ball which NRS put in there without thinking it through. It'll be gone, but the stigmatism will still remain, all thanks to NRS' well thought out decision.

I gave up my faith on God solving all the wrongs in the world, but there's still hope for TYM!
Riiiiiight cause a ban actually works online! Nice try tho.

Knives need to have a little slower recovery a frame or 2 and well see how well they do with up ball. Kano has every tool in the shed now so there is no reason to complain after nerfs. Funny how you people try and hide his godliness and respond with "Oh I don't play that way". Noone cares how you play, fact is if I can enter a tournament and run everyone over because all I do is up ball and knife spam there is a problem.

If anyone deserves Kano style buffs it's Baraka.

GNG Iniquity

Funny how you people try and hide his godliness and respond with "Oh I don't play that way". Noone cares how you play, fact is if I can enter a tournament and run everyone over because all I do is up ball and knife spam there is a problem.
Here's the thing, man. You and I have been going back and forth for days now, have I and the rest of the guys who picked up Kano in the beginning not repeatedly said that I agree with the up ball being reverted back or having the frames slowed down?

This is what annoys me, I want the damn thing fixed. F3B2 being fixed was all I wanted. I just feel like we're going to continue this discussion until the end of time. Tom mentioned that the up ball was going to be reverted/fixed. My question to you is, were you familar with the character pre-patch?