What's new

Sudden influx of Kano players

Here's the thing, man. You and I have been going back and forth for days now, have I and the rest of the guys who picked up Kano in the beginning not repeatedly said that I agree with the up ball being reverted back or having the frames slowed down?

This is what annoys me, I want the damn thing fixed. F3B2 being fixed was all I wanted. I just feel like we're going to continue this discussion until the end of time. Tom mentioned that the up ball was going to be reverted/fixed. My question to you is, were you familar with the character pre-patch?
Yes I was familiar with Kano before pre-patch. Up ball was still very very good pre patch. Start with Scorpion and Baraka and Ermac, dropped Baraka cause he was useless and dropped scorpion cause to many of him. Picked up Kano around first week cause he was a badass and noone used him. What bothers me is there were alot of people on here who said Kano wasn't brainless and that he has problems and needed buffs, his F3 was only buff he ever needed and that wasn't even a buff since it was supposed to be like that at launch.

I got no problem dropping discussion about upball since it is getting fixed, but people need to recognize that Kano can play a very cheesy game and when called out on it they need to be able to handle it and not whine. I main Kano and I point out how overpowered he is and people try and tell me hes not haha. Picked Baraka back up since he is getting buffs he actually deserves and is less free.

PS: Why is there no TYM channel up on PSN typically? I see Gamefaqs and MKU and other MK sites but this one which is supposed to be the best isn't represented very often.

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Riiiiiight cause a ban actually works online! Nice try tho.

Knives need to have a little slower recovery a frame or 2 and well see how well they do with up ball. Kano has every tool in the shed now so there is no reason to complain after nerfs. Funny how you people try and hide his godliness and respond with "Oh I don't play that way". Noone cares how you play, fact is if I can enter a tournament and run everyone over because all I do is up ball and knife spam there is a problem.

If anyone deserves Kano style buffs it's Baraka.
What i dont get is why this new guy here thinks he and just come into the forum and bitch and whine about Kano. All hes doing is trolling us and taking up his free time and ours to get the Kano community to come down to his level. Regardless if you actually play the game well it doesnt matter, stop acting like a little child and move on. The issue with up ball will be taken care of, so drop it.

Sequel

Boob Titbot
What I'm finding to be the status quo on this site is that players will DOWNPLAY THEIR CHARACTER despite there being glaringly obvious exploits.

no shit tons of kano players, his x-ray does way too much damage and cant be blocked, and he can spam like theres no tomorrow. any noob can own with him

What I'm finding to be the status quo on this site is that players will DOWNPLAY THEIR CHARACTER despite there being glaringly obvious exploits.
BINGO!
People on here try and hide the fact that their character is good. I am putting it out there, knives have a retarded recovery time and his upball current is OP. They must be scared for people to know the truth about their character haha, but don't worry all I do is whine and bitch.

Been casually following this thread since I'm at home sick.

For the record, I play Raiden. Also, let the record show that Raiden is a nasty bastard. I was going to play Raiden before this game came out. I've played Raiden since MK1 was in Chucky Cheese. I am that commited to hats. I AM HOWEVER very thankful that he's top tier, and will abuse all his garbage at tournaments because I need gas money to get home.

Kano players... you guys need to abuse his garbage and be proud of it. Seriously. XBL doesn't count for anything and tournaments will actually pay you out for winning. Seems pretty obvious what you should be doing. The Up Ball. Often.

The defense rests it's case. Prosecution, your witness.

Jade101

Noob
BINGO!
People on here try and hide the fact that their character is good. I am putting it out there, knives have a retarded recovery time and his upball current is OP. They must be scared for people to know the truth about their character haha, but don't worry all I do is whine and bitch.
Knives recovery is crazy. but thats why keno dont need that super fast recovey on up ball. Hes just to safe!

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
no shit tons of kano players, his x-ray does way too much damage and cant be blocked, and he can spam like theres no tomorrow. any noob can own with him
Then why haven't they lol no torutaments have been won by a Kano and if your judging this on online you need to realize something, IT'S ONLINE!!! It doesn't matter the only thing is the up ball needs to be toned down a little around where Johhny Cage's up shadowkick is, ohh and hey Jax xray does the same damage and can't be blocked so all I hear are buffs needed for him, and if you really can't handle kanos jusr figure out a play style against spamming Kanos, but the good ones are crazy awesome

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Personally I think its way too soon for buffs and nerfs. No body took the time to study and learn how to beat high damage characters like Kung Lao or Ermac. If you simply take time to learn how to bait and punish. Then that superman or the smoke bomb spam wont be an issue. It all comes down to the player, not the character. Not my fault if you cant take time to learn your match ups.

Even still... up ball is busted. But everything else is fair for a basic character like Kano.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
The x-ray is easily avoidable, all you have to do is jump away. Yes, he can spam knives, but that doesn't gurantee a victory; you can neutral crouch and flat out avoid being hit by knives. A smart player can easily dash block in there, it's a similar strategy that you'd use for Noob. Kitana can do this, as well, far better than Kano at that. Kitana can zone you to death, you can use her fly as a wakeup which is invincible in the start up frames. Kano isn't THAT good of a zoner.

"BINGO!
People on here try and hide the fact that their character is good." - KazigluBey

I'm not dismissing that Kano is good, but he CAN be beaten by a smart player. Yes, the current up ball is bullshit, but a smart player can even anticipate that, block it and can throw check you. Which yes, it's not a guranteed throw, but it'll certainly discourage most up ball spammers from using it.

The x-ray is easily avoidable, all you have to do is jump away. Yes, he can spam knives, but that doesn't gurantee a victory; you can neutral crouch and flat out avoid being hit by knives. A smart player can easily dash block in there, it's a similar strategy that you'd use for Noob. Kitana can do this, as well, far better than Kano at that. Kitana can zone you to death, you can use her fly as a wakeup which is invincible in the start up frames. Kano isn't THAT good of a zoner.

"BINGO!
People on here try and hide the fact that their character is good." - KazigluBey

I'm not dismissing that Kano is good, but he CAN be beaten by a smart player. Yes, the current up ball is bullshit, but a smart player can even anticipate that, block it and can throw check you. Which yes, it's not a guranteed throw, but it'll certainly discourage most up ball spammers from using it.
thanks for the tips

GNG Iniquity

thanks for the tips
Instead of making posts about the complaints, ask someone in the future if you can't figure out a decent strat against the character. Your ability to stragegize is far above mine if you can play SC2 well, I suck at RTSes but basic strats in MK are pretty simple quite honestly.

I laugh at the idiotic comments in this thread, when Kano had the exact same tools minus a low string and a retarded Up Ball he was consider at beast B/B+ tire by every freaking moron complaining minus Brady who said he was A tire, and now that he was buffed in is mix up department, (noting big since hit :r:fk is still slow) but got a retarded Up Ball suddenly all his Kit Is OP and IMBA as fuck, please, give me a break, Is not Kano fault that you people lack braincells to counter knife spamming.

people will always go with the "broken" character. what pisses me of is what the op said. nobody picked kano before the patch, everybody was on scorpions nuts. now i have to main a new character because i wind up in a mirror match 1 out of every 3 fights. if only they could just balance the game to where nobody is op. that is one thing tekken does so well. every tekken game has been perfectly balanced.

GNG Iniquity

people will always go with the "broken" character. what pisses me of is what the op said. nobody picked kano before the patch, everybody was on scorpions nuts. now i have to main a new character because i wind up in a mirror match 1 out of every 3 fights. if only they could just balance the game to where nobody is op. that is one thing tekken does so well. every tekken game has been perfectly balanced.
I never find other Kanos, if I do, I wreck the shit out of them.

GNG Iniquity

well you should feel lucky. it pretty much goes like this: "kano ball, knife throw, kano ball, knife throw, random button smashing, kano ball, knife throw, more button smashing, kano ball."
Yep, I figured as much. Pretty depressing.

Sequel

Boob Titbot
Time to get in the lab I guess... oh wait already did that with competent players who've won tournaments in other games and understand fighting games period. You don't need to be an expert with a particular character to grasp what's broken or not.

For example, Kung Lao's spin is 6 frames and has a huge hit box and recovers pretty quickly. This means: don't jump at him unless it's a guaranteed safe jump. It also means don't whiff moves within range that recover slower than 6 frames. You don't need an expert to tell you this.

Again, people tend to downplay their characters despite there being obvious exploits.

GNG Iniquity

Sequel, you know that Arcade mentioned pre-patch. We're going in circles here man. Can we just give it a rest until the up ball is fixed and then continue with this discussion after then?

I don't know what you expect us to do on the matter, NRS goofed up.

Sequel

Boob Titbot
I agree Iniquity but it's this kind of behavior that perpetuates it:

I laugh at the idiotic comments in this thread, when Kano had the exact same tools minus a low string and a retarded Up Ball he was consider at beast B/B+ tire by every freaking moron complaining minus Brady who said he was A tire, and now that he was buffed in is mix up department, (noting big since hit :r:fk is still slow) but got a retarded Up Ball suddenly all his Kit Is OP and IMBA as fuck, please, give me a break, Is not Kano fault that you people lack braincells to counter knife spamming.
See what I mean? I went in the lab with people who have tournament credentials and it has nothing to do with lacking braincells to counter Kano's obvious exploits. I agree, NRS goofed.

Again, you think this is bad? Kung Lao players got it a lot worse when everyone and their mother went crying up a storm. Not to mention most of those players were using ONLINE as their basis for not being able to deal with Lao. That's laughable.

GNG Iniquity

I agree Iniquity but it's this kind of behavior that perpetuates it:

See what I mean?
I can't speak for him, but I can understand the frustration to an extent. Essentially all I've read in this forum has been how he's god tier; he isn't. I've happily given feedback on how to avoid and counter everything.

I'm happy to provide the help, but couldn't someone have just come in here and said "Hey guys, I'm having trouble dealing with Kano's knives/x-ray/up ball. What can I do?"

My main qualm with all of this is just the general attitude. Instead of anyone asking for help it's just been grieving to the max. And yes, I do admittedly think it's a little hypocritical to drop all the name calling and lump every Kano player into the brainless category when nobody took 5 minutes to figure this stuff out besides other Kano players.

The benefit of the doubt that we're not all mentally incompetent, drooling over our fightsticks/controllers, and were going to reply with "DB2DB2DB2DF2DF2DF2 LULZLULZULZULZ NOOB" would've been nice.

But, that's the internet, I suppose.

Sequel

Boob Titbot
It's pretty simple though. He has a high/low mix-up game. Kung Lao does not. Kung's overhead game is a joke. Block low. Kano has really fast projectiles that out do most of the cast including Kung Lao (yes this has been tested). Kano has a safe UP BALL. His X-Ray does a ton of damage and has 1 hit of armor. Kung Lao has a great X-Ray as well but due to the damage nerf it's pretty much garbage now. His meter is now best saved for EX Hat loops and wake up EX Spin or of course breaker.

The reason why I keep comparing him to Lao is because everyone thinks Lao is GOD TIER when he's clearly not. Kano isn't god tier either but to say he doesn't have any exploitable moves right now (post hotfix) is just ignorant. That's all.

GNG Iniquity

The reason why I keep comparing him to Lao is because everyone thinks Lao is GOD TIER when he's clearly not. Kano isn't god tier either but to say he doesn't have any exploitable moves right now (post hotfix) is just ignorant. That's all.
Nah, neither of them are. But we've all admitted to the up ball being exploitable, I've just tried to help provide what you can do against it for the time being. It's not a fail safe solution throw checking it, but it'll discourage/stop the people who simply abuse it since he's the FoTM.

I'm just tired of NRS' mess, I don't know who the hell thought this was a good idea. It's by far one of the worst mistakes I've seen in any game, especially post-production at that...really makes me question their decisions and if this game will last due to such colossally poor judgment.

Who the hell half ass patches the game after a month? :confused: