What's new

General/Other - Grandmaster Sub-Zero Theory Crafting Zone

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
For the record, damage numbers are changing already. Raiden's superman, for example.

As to string in question - as far as I can tell, only the ender is Cryo-specific, and it's main difference with vanilla one - it leaves opponent standing.

Imperium

Noob
For the record, damage numbers are changing already. Raiden's superman, for example.

As to string in question - as far as I can tell, only the ender is Cryo-specific, and it's main difference with vanilla one - it leaves opponent standing.
Damage numbers could change before release, but it's clear what they want out of that ender, high damage, which is what I would say is the main difference with the other variations' throw ender.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I want to know more about this "clone detonation" move. I've heard its across two variations (grandmaster and unbreakable) but if its main purpose is to detonate the ice clone in grandmaster, whats the point of having it in unbreakable?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I want to know more about this "clone detonation" move. I've heard its across two variations (grandmaster and unbreakable) but if its main purpose is to detonate the ice clone in grandmaster, whats the point of having it in unbreakable?
actually it is in Grandmaster and Cryomancer

From what people have seen, its a "get off me" type move when done without a clone. With a clone present, it explodes said clone for + frames. All i got.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Speaking as someone who isn't a Sub-Zero main, I'm really glad they appeared to have 'balanced this out' with the inclusion of interactables that can get you out of the corner. It will make the 'counterpick' stages against Sub-Zero really obvious.
It was balanced. Half the cast could teleport and armor out of it. Subzero gets screwed again.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
actually it is in Grandmaster and Cryomancer

From what people have seen, its a "get off me" type move when done without a clone. With a clone present, it explodes said clone for + frames. All i got.
So its essentially similar to black adam's lightning cage? Does it have an ex?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I agree with bill's/tom brady's post.

Sub is clearly better in mkx, mk9 it was a pain to get in with the clone.

Now he has improved with faster slide, ice parries, clones with more options to toss it and a shield etc

Rushdown players have to think twice now again but more so, and will still be tricky for zoners.

Imperium

Noob
If the ground pound move actually proves useful, that will be so nice. Especially as a tool to relieve pressure.

L
If there's an EX, we haven't seen it yet.

I believe it's also an overhead attack.
I believe they showed the EX in one or two of the very early gameplay vids. It pops the opponent up for extending combos. I theorize that unbreakable doesn't get it because they want to limit the combo damage on that variation the most, as a means to balance out its far superior defensive options.

L

I believe they showed the EX in one or two of the very early gameplay vids. It pops the opponent up for extending combos. I theorize that unbreakable doesn't get it because they want to limit the combo damage on that variation the most, as a means to balance out its far superior defensive options.
Interesting. Don't remember seeing the EX at all. Sounds good to me though.

Imperium

Noob
Not something I've seen mentioned, but I love that Sub's slide and his dash look sorta similar. At least way more so than in MK9. The ice effect and slight crouch on the dash coupled with the slide animation changing may make people react badly.

loogie

Noob
So its essentially similar to black adam's lightning cage? Does it have an ex?
well, in the build that I played there was no such thing as detonating a clone ... I haven't seen it in a vid too, I think this is just speculation perhaps.

the ex ice burst (it's called the ice burst) pops up the opponent for a juggle BUT they don't pop up very high for a follow up njp1 into juggle instead you can go into f421+3... don't know about the block advantage on that. but the regular one on block looked safe to me and creates a good distance

loogie

Noob
here is a thought ...

how will Sub mirrors turn out in MKX? Imagine two Grandmaster Subs duking it out, you can throw clones at each other and clone destroys clone, ice ball destroys clone.... EXCITING

loogie

Noob
I agree with bill's/tom brady's post.

Sub is clearly better in mkx, mk9 it was a pain to get in with the clone.

Now he has improved with faster slide, ice parries, clones with more options to toss it and a shield etc

Rushdown players have to think twice now again but more so, and will still be tricky for zoners.
if Sub has a bar of meter, and has the clone out, opponent cannot throw out a projectile to shatter the clone .... you blast them with ex ice ball! so anytime Sub has a bar of meter, opponent should think well before throwing out a projectile ... and now having the clone out as a shield in a way for zoners, he can trade safely.
clone out
liu decides to throw out a fire ball to take it out / zone Sub
eats ex ice ball in the face

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
if Sub has a bar of meter, and has the clone out, opponent cannot throw out a projectile to shatter the clone .... you blast them with ex ice ball! so anytime Sub has a bar of meter, opponent should think well before throwing out a projectile ... and now having the clone out as a shield in a way for zoners, he can trade safely.
clone out
Yeah unless the opponent has a good tp, then that can deal with that but against non teleporters especially pftt that's going to be a pain to deal with good, smart subs lol. Glad Sub is better though for the Sub fans.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
clone out
With proper timing, isn't it possible to also just let the clone eat the projectile and use regular ice ball instead? Like just as your ice ball is about to pass the clone, contacting the other projectile, the clone eats the enemies projectile and the ice ball keeps going.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
With proper timing, isn't it possible to also just let the clone eat the projectile and use regular ice ball instead? Like just as your ice ball is about to pass the clone, contacting the other projectile, the clone eats the enemies projectile and the ice ball keeps going.
It's too slow to use on reaction