What's new

Sub-Zero Reveal Trailer for Injustice 2

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Copy pasting from the general thread:

Ok, quick analisys of what we've seen:

- His model looks way more polished and you can clearly see his skin under the mask.

- J2 uses a sword.

- His 111 Cryo string is back.

- Apparently Frost Bomb from MKX now can be MB into his MKDA-MKD-MKA cold shoulder (which was also his MK9 X-Ray animation).

- Slide changing sides with MB is back.

- MB Iceball freezes, regular Iceball was parried and its effects weren't shown.

- Cryo F122 is back.

- Cryo's command grab is back (they don't show if you can 2in1 it but probably you can.

- B33D4 from MKX is back (hopefully now it's universal as in MKX it would only connect iceball on females).

- F42Throw from MKX is back.

- Ground freeze from MK9 is back (setups boys!)

- B3 is MK9 B2.

- Aerial klone diagonal projectile.

- Regular klone is back and it can still be thrown.

- Cryo's Air Hammer is back and can be meter burned into regular hammer launcher (how many times did I ask for MKX Air hammer to be useful?!?! I'm in tears!!).

- F3 is his hammer (I said I would riot if it wasn't, thankfully it did happen lol).

- His D2 is Cryo's D2 but looks much faster.

- MKX 213 string is back.

- Klone slide projectile (I suspect his klone projectiles will be gear moves).

- His throw animation is AWESOME and uses the character's ability to teleport, something I've been hoping to see for a long time even if the teleport perse isn't used outside animations.

- Klone can be meter burned into air klone for 2 klones.

- J3 is his J3 from MKX.

- 112 string from MKX is back.

- F33 is back too.

- New string starting with 2 kicks?

- Supermove is low and ranged and reaaaaaally swaggy (again using his ability to teleport and his kori weapons).

- Victory pose really captures the spirit of MK!
Thanks for this write-up. It makes me so hype to play Sub-Zero in I2! I am still playing MKX. Just spent a long online session last night with GM Sub-Zero. He is a joy to play as in MKX. Hope he is at least as fun I2.

He should be the exception because he is a dlc character that we have to pay for post release. It's an asshole move to charge us for a character that is literally recycled (I get it some things will be different) from their previous game. They knew he was going to be dlc, they new they could make a shit load of money off of him, and they knew that they were going to use a lot of the same stuff which is understandable but making us pay for him is a cash grab.
Hate to break it to you but you also paid for Batman, Superman, and every other returning character in the game.

NRS also showed every character in Fighter Pack 1 before the game launched so people wouldn't be buying the DLC blind like we've had to do in the past. If you feel Sub-Zero isn't worth the price then do not buy him. Very simple. NRS has given you every option as to how you want to approach the game's DLC. There is no room for complaints here.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Hate to break it to you but you also paid for Batman, Superman, and every other returning character in the game.

NRS also showed every character in Fighter Pack 1 before the game launched so people wouldn't be buying the DLC blind like we've had to do in the past. If you feel Sub-Zero isn't worth the price then do not buy him. Very simple. NRS has given you every option as to how you want to approach the game's DLC. There is no room for complaints here.
Fully agreed!!!!!!

The issue is and always has been the clone which makes people have to play different and also causes mad bitching smh!
I always main sub and honestly look forward to his release. I also didn't care about all the bitching in mkx smh as sub is my main!
Those that didn't want it well don't buy it then but watch sub and raiden be the best sellers!
I didn't personally like the horror guests on mkx/mkxl but I give credit to nrs for really putting time into creating them and also how they looked.

Guess characters are the norm in NRS games now again if u don't like it don't buy it!

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I'm curious about some of his stuff.

The video doesn't actually show regular iceball freezing for full combo. That's always been a standard of Sub but Injustice 2 design moved away from meterless full combos off stuff like that. I wonder if it will be a knockdown, keep them standing or just a full combo that is balanced some other way.

Are they going to tone slide down? MKX's slide was fast as hell and understandably low profiled and the EX had armor. Besides a side switch what are the meter burn properties? I don't want to have to constantly respect that shit from half screen like in MKX.

And it will be interesting to see how clone setups work in this game.

You aren't breaking anything to me. I know I don't have to buy him. If I don't want to have him to learn or train against sure. I could avoid having him if I wanted. But seeing as how I like to play competitively I will buy him. Nrs knows guys like me need to. They know casuals will for sure. The argument isn't that I have to buy him. The argument is that they basically just re-released the same character as "dlc" to get more fighter packs sold. It is shitty. I'm sorry. If they had superman as dlc or any other legacy character and they were essentially the same everyone would be calling foul.

You aren't breaking anything to me. I know I don't have to buy him. If I don't want to have him to learn or train against sure. I could avoid having him if I wanted. But seeing as how I like to play competitively I will buy him. Nrs knows guys like me need to. They know casuals will for sure. The argument isn't that I have to buy him. The argument is that they basically just re-released the same character as "dlc" to get more fighter packs sold. It is shitty. I'm sorry. If they had superman as dlc or any other legacy character and they were essentially the same everyone would be calling foul.
It isn't shitty at all. Period. There is no argument here. You can even play the character for FREE in his Multiverse missions. Claiming that you "have to" buy Sub-Zero so you can be more comfortable with the character competitively is 100% on you. Stop complaining that NRS isn't accommodating your personal preferences. Sack up and take responsibility for your decisions. It's not NRS job to pay for people's travel that want to attend tournaments. Players have to pay both the cost of attending as well as the price of time they spend learning. You're no different. $5 or $6 is too much for you? Cool. That's your choice. Play the characters you have and stop whining that NRS isn't holding it for you when you take a leak.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
After watching the trailer again I don't know what moves will be gear and what won't, but how do you guys think he'll do against Bane?

After watching the trailer again I don't know what moves will be gear and what won't, but how do you guys think he'll do against Bane?
I wouldn't be surprised if Bane could charge run through clones like he does Captain Cold's ice blocks. The clone in general is not as buff thanks to meter rolls. I think Bane should do as well as he does against any projectile foes.

Wigy

There it is...
I have no idea how they're guna balance clone. Flash can literally do nothing.

Like blood god kotal without the jip and sun disc

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Yup GG Flash. If this doesn't end up being the most slanted match up in the game I'll be surprised

God Confirm

It isn't shitty at all. Period. There is no argument here. You can even play the character for FREE in his Multiverse missions. Claiming that you "have to" buy Sub-Zero so you can be more comfortable with the character competitively is 100% on you. Stop complaining that NRS isn't accommodating your personal preferences. Sack up and take responsibility for your decisions. It's not NRS job to pay for people's travel that want to attend tournaments. Players have to pay both the cost of attending as well as the price of time they spend learning. You're no different. $5 or $6 is too much for you? Cool. That's your choice. Play the characters you have and stop whining that NRS isn't holding it for you when you take a leak.
to be fair that's not what he's saying, the problem he has isn't with dlc characters that he's forced to buy to remain competitive, thats part of the games evolution, it's the fact that he's forced to pay for something that appears to be basically a bunch of MKX animations repackaged with a few new specials (most of which are probably gear anyway) to remain competitive. He even made the fair comparison that if it was IGAU Green Lantern or someone coming back with a few new specials (as he basically is on this game) it would be complete bs for them to try package that up as DLC, and that's basically what this is. It's fine to release new characters that we have to buy to remain competitive - but you can DEFINITELY say when you feel you aren't getting your money's worth. DLC characters should be interesting and new additions to the roster to justify the extra cost, especially considering the significant cost of the DLC is often justified by it paying for them to develop it.

Ii
to be fair that's not what he's saying, the problem he has isn't with dlc characters that he's forced to buy to remain competitive, thats part of the games evolution, it's the fact that he's forced to pay for something that appears to be basically a bunch of MKX animations repackaged with a few new specials (most of which are probably gear anyway) to remain competitive. He even made the fair comparison that if it was IGAU Green Lantern or someone coming back with a few new specials (as he basically is on this game) it would be complete bs for them to try package that up as DLC, and that's basically what this is. It's fine to release new characters that we have to buy to remain competitive - but you can DEFINITELY say when you feel you aren't getting your money's worth. DLC characters should be interesting and new additions to the roster to justify the extra cost, especially considering the significant cost of the DLC is often justified by it paying for them to develop it.
I understand that argument. I dont agree or sympathize with the assumption that a character like sub zero needs to be redesigned from the ground up in every game he appears in. For the same reason it's great that Injustice 2's returning characters retain their core gameplay design. Character design continuity is a good thing. Not every franchise needs to do it but it's certainly a viable approach.

In Injustice 2 Sub-Zero is a returning character like the others, bringing his MKX continuity with him both in moveset and character background. Kuai Liang, Grandmaster of Lin Kuei, and voiced by Steve Blum. This isn't the Injustice Universe's Sub-Zero. If it was he could have more differences. His bio states pretty clearly he's here thanks to Multiverse travel. This is MKX Sub-Zero. With some stylish and useful enhancements for dealing with OP DC superheroes.

About Flash, pretty sure he has the meter burned roll and armored moves like everyone else does. And if you're using Abilities his projectile takes care of it too. The Clone is not that big of a deal here.

Wigy

There it is...
About Flash, pretty sure he has the meter burned roll and armored moves like everyone else does. And if you're using Abilities his projectile takes care of it too. The Clone is not that big of a deal here.
Only armour he has is b3 f3 which have very little range and 30 something frames startup.

Gear isnt tournament legal also.

Basically flash is fucked, sub guna be mindless brokeness in a bunch of matchups again unless they somehow revamp the clone.

Only armour he has is b3 f3 which have very little range and 30 something frames startup.

Gear isnt tournament legal also.

Basically flash is fucked, sub guna be mindless brokeness in a bunch of matchups again unless they somehow revamp the clone.
Meter burned roll. C'mon man. There's a universal mechanic for this. And timing the invincible frames is super easy because the clone doesnt move. I play Robin so I know the limitations and frustrations of the MB Roll. The Clone is fine though. Just be smart with your pressure when you get in.

God Confirm

Meter burned roll. C'mon man. There's a universal mechanic for this. And timing the invincible frames is super easy because the clone doesnt move. I play Robin so I know the limitations and frustrations of the MB Roll. The Clone is fine though. Just be smart with your pressure when you get in.
MB roll is not just going to auto counter Clone, or else he is going to have the worst trait in the game.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
damn .... simply amazing fantastic gameplay and move set ! much better than expected, that's for sure .... Sub-Zero will kick some majors assess in Injustice 2 ! :D