What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide

llabslb

R1D1_998
Hmm, looking on the GM mu chart, there some matches I feel sub does better or a bit worse.
vs. Dragon Fire Liu Kahn 5-5
vs. Necromancer Shinnok 5-5
vs. Special Forces Sonya 5-5
vs. Demo Sonya 4-6
vs. Boj Kung jin 5-5

I also have some .5 as well, but that is me not being as familiar as other mus. Everything else, I can agree with for the majority.
Can you explain the figures you chose?

I'm just salty cuz mrextraordinay fing destroys me , I have a lot better luck with cryo rather than GM
That's stupid oh/low starter is hard to block , and then armoring out of the blade drop jus kills me , I'm horrible against pressure characters
So basically you played bad in a matchup you don't know / aren't on his level, yet that means your character gets demolished. Not saying Ronin is easy to win against by any means, but saying things like the overhead low is hard to block doesn't give the best impression. It goes overhead, then low so you need to adapt and block. Take the character into training mode.

#Progress

U lose the armor break but it's a safe clone set up , I would rather default to the safe clone ender instead of risking a dropped f12 off some goofy set up I had to use
Hey, I am not a high level player (learning/playing the character approximately for a month) but I use Njk ender on extra purpose: not only finish B2 242 1 11xxdb2 njp easier but it is a good setup for clone shatter as it can be placed naturally a bit further from the opponent.

Of course I like finishing corner combo with F12 and I can decide how to place the clone. :) But with Njk ender I go for clone shatter (and baiting armor wakeup before that).

And of course I should use better B2 corner combo but online with a bit of lag I found it much more consistent and that's worth the few% damage difference now. :)

Last edited:
Players online know the bad match ups for GM. lol
Guy was funny recently. He started picking Tremor aftershock. When I won he switched to metallic lol. When I won he switched to Takeda. When I had a small chance to win he picked Inferno.
I am sure he would pick Predator next time but it was enough of him. :)

I am sure he was proud of him picking the favored ones - of course he was better player that's why it was funny. At least easier to practice the bad match ups online. :)

Lokheit

Noob
Shatter combos nerfed between 1-3%'but nothing to write home about. Still have a 9f D1 RIP
I've been doing my math and shatter damage penalty has changed:

- Before it was 0.95 (95% of following damage).
- Now it's joining the club of the moves that adquired 2 damage penalties on the same hit after being balanced, it now has 0.95 and 0.9 damage penalties for a total of 0.855 (slightly softer than freezing with EX Iceball when before it was the same than any regular jab).

That's what's causing the damage drop, luckily most of the damage comes before the new damage scale takes place and that's why you're only noticing that 1-3% difference on combo damage.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Ya I'm pretty ok with that. The borgs are calling to me though....I hear that cylon music. It's soft and beckoning...

Landonio

n00b
Apologies if this has been discussed, but have we decided on female corner combos yet? I was watching Lord Brady labbing it yesterday and they still seem horribly inconsistent even after the patch.

KingJerm731

Psn: kingjermx
im having a lot of trouble with the one bar midscreen ex clone strings. Does anyone have advice on how to get b12xxex clone b12 to connect? The timing is winning haha.