What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Not really , he can get them out anytime u clone , I play with a really good jc all the time , anytime I pick GM he goes to sd so I never really get to play the a list mu lol
Most of the time you can slide punish while he is recovering. And yeah lol most of the time they won't make it easy on you and go A-List. Stunt double is 5-5, they both have so many ways to shit on each other.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Guys I want to work on a cohesive list of all the things Sub-Zero can do with the ex clone and make a thread about it, all the combo extensions, safer cancels(still not optimal), armor breaks, how it works as a reversal, just all the utility that Sub-Zero gets from this as I feel it's underrated and we should put this out there to help everyone.
@RM Ree @STB BroZki @boba_buster Is this something you guys wanna work on?

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Guys I want to work on a cohesive list of all the things Sub-Zero can do with the ex clone and make a thread about it, all the combo extensions, safer cancels(still not optimal), armor breaks, how it works as a reversal, just all the utility that Sub-Zero gets from this as I feel it's underrated and we should put this out there to help everyone.
Yea I like the idea , I use it mostly as a pseudo parry and after corner slide Enders to be safe against armored wake ups

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Yeah I'd be on board with this. I'm willing to do some leg work as far as videos, write ups, etc. Just let me know which direction you want to go with it and divi me up some of the labor.

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Hell yeah! This sounds awesome. I'll do my best to supply you guys with anything you need. Just let me know!

Lokheit

Noob
Yesterday ive had the same bug twice.. someoene would actually BLOCK my ice clone... duck and block and the iceclone is destroyed.. kinda wish I recorded it.. anyone had this?
You can block any trap in the game: klone, fart, predator's trap, Raiden stopped lightning ball, etc... Just walk in there and block at the right time, sometimes if you alternate between crouch blocking and stand up blocking the hitbox will get inside the trap blocking it.

If it helps, the movelist data document I made includes the most optimal combo continuations on hit and which moves are safe on block (against Reptile, some of them might still be safe against slower reversals, will add frame data when I finish editing some guides I'm working on):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19oC6vP_NoSpfuhbKwPbvUSCtmbS5b0uDrS-bGLQLJDA/edit#gid=671536095

Cells in a lighter blue means it is conditional (specified on the cell's text). On the safety tab, cells listing commands mean that you can jail into those commands.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Re-reading it, I think I might change the most optimal for B12 into EX Klone on hit, it's hard to do but I know I've been able to connect into "Run, then jump in punch" for a bit more damage than "Run into B12".
Thanks I'll work on getting it down. Sub-Zero is pretty light execution wise so this will be ok if it's all lol.