What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide

Creepy00

Noob
Best Pocket character in general? or one that helps with Subzero's bad Mus? Either way, I have Boneshaper Shinnok as my secondary, which some considered him as a pocket character for how easy it is to pick him up. Anyways, He helps me with Sub's bad MUs like D'vorah, Takeda, F/T, and HQT Predator (All which are 5-5). IMO BS Sninnok is the mk9 scorpion of this game, the reason being that most of his MUs are 5-5s.

flappysamyhamy

EMPEROR FLAPPY / EGGPLANT
im having a lot of trouble with the one bar midscreen ex clone strings. Does anyone have advice on how to get b12xxex clone b12 to connect? The timing is winning haha.
Do b12 ex clone run up f4 iceball. It's definitely the easiest option.

The swag combo is b12 ex clone run up f4 iceball, jump over punch 24 slide s1 f42 slide :) they hit the clone twice

Is there a reason ever to pick GM against Ermac Mystic? How do you guys go about that MU? First MU where I feel like downright switching to something else instead of playing the MU.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
So iv been messing around with the plus frames Sub-Zero gets off of F4 ex clone cancel. I know this is rather gimmicky and probably known, but Sub-Zero can crush forward advancing reversals with a d4 to occupy the armor and the Klone freezes for a full combo. This works on Reptiles 6 frame reversal, Johnny Cages 11 frame, and Sub-Zero's 9 frame. At the very least they need to respect the D4 and at the best case scenario if the decide to be cheeky and destroy the Klone you get w combo.
Is this worth putting more time into? Or am I missing something?
@RM Ree @boba_buster

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
So iv been messing around with the plus frames Sub-Zero gets off of F4 ex clone cancel. I know this is rather gimmicky and probably known, but Sub-Zero can crush forward advancing reversals with a d4 to occupy the armor and the Klone freezes for a full combo. This works on Reptiles 6 frame reversal, Johnny Cages 11 frame, and Sub-Zero's 9 frame. At the very least they need to respect the D4 and at the best case scenario if the decide to be cheeky and destroy the Klone you get w combo.
@RM Ree @boba_buster
I think its worth looking into for sure. Knowing who you can beat and who beats you with this set up sounds valuable.

I find that most players try to jump away immediately when the see f4 xx ex clone though. Obviously not an option in the corner, but I'd look into all the ways you can punish an opponents reaction after clone starting with the armor break.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think its worth looking into for sure. Knowing who you can beat and who beats you with this set up sounds valuable.

I find that most players try to jump away immediately when the see f4 xx ex clone though. Obviously not an option in the corner, but I'd look into all the ways you can punish an opponents reaction after clone starting with the armor break.
If you can beat reptile than any advancing armor shouldn't be an issue. I'd imagine shatter catches jump backs because of how plus u r. I will look at it tomorrow and see what I can find. That bitch Cassie Cage can ignore this of course but whatever.

Yesterday ive had the same bug twice.. someoene would actually BLOCK my ice clone... duck and block and the iceclone is destroyed.. kinda wish I recorded it.. anyone had this?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yesterday ive had the same bug twice.. someoene would actually BLOCK my ice clone... duck and block and the iceclone is destroyed.. kinda wish I recorded it.. anyone had this?
You can block the ice Klone you just have to be precise. Maybe it is a but, but I have been able to do it myself as well.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
@RM Ree @boba_buster
I think anything is worth exploring, nothing bad about a midscreen armor break , at the moment tho it's seems like it could be a waste of a bar considering f4xxclone is safe and most armored reversals are punishable

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I need to explore d4xxclone/exclone possibilitys , too many characters get free pressure on subzero after a blocked d4. Johnny cages f3 is a pain to get stuck in after attempting a d4 poke