What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

ShaolinGunFu

Warrior
how the ef is the 2nd worst variation in mkx not buffed again? I thought the parry had better recovery thats what someone else reported

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I played around with the beta a bit tonight, thanks to @boba_buster . I have a few off the cuff observations.
  • I saw GM scaling slightly harder. That's probably for the best, it's not a huge hit.
  • In a match vs. another SZ, I thought Cryo d2 was faster, but it was the rollback tricking me. When I used him, it felt pretty much the same. There might be a slight damage adjustment, but I'd have to look again.
  • If I may troll for a moment though, Unbreakable? Idk man, I was doing meterless block string aura cancels off f4 and b12... And it still looked like my turn. I'm not sure if it was because my opponent didn't know what was up or if they buffed the frames.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
subzero beta frame data
sorry for the shitty phone quality - trying to do this fast while im at work. also sorry for the machine background noise

unbreakble

cryo

GM

Last edited:

ShaolinGunFu

Warrior
they gotta make the ice shield act like EX shield, and the ex shield act like smokes ex parry from mk9 (if you hit me with projectile you get froze up)

make aura act like ex aura and have ex aura increase damage output when hitting but heal sub whenever he gets hit or something

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
this character's jump in punch needs to be normalized. can't tell if it's worse than lao's to be honest.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
I assume you mean jump in 1. What about Kotal, Cassie and Sonya (and Lao like you mentioned) jip being far more powerful?
i feel like sub's causes me the most grief when attempting to anti-air. maybe it's something i need to practice but since playing the beta i feel it just shuts everything down.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Cassie and kotal have way better jip's , if u use Meleena jus roll on reaction , I never jump at mileenas because they knock me out the air with roll.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
i feel like sub's causes me the most grief when attempting to anti-air. maybe it's something i need to practice but since playing the beta i feel it just shuts everything down.
I don't play much Mileena, but roll seems like a good idea. I also remember seeing Saltfave use her d2 to great effect. Don't get me wrong, Sub's jip is good, but I get anti-aired all the time. I think its a practice thing.

Just out of curiosity, is it the jump in or a cross over that you're having more trouble with?

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
I don't play much Mileena, but roll seems like a good idea. I also remember seeing Saltfave use her d2 to great effect. Don't get me wrong, Sub's jip is good, but I get anti-aired all the time. I think its a practice thing.

Just out of curiosity, is it the jump in or a cross over that you're having more trouble with?
yeah, i usually use roll for most of my anti-airs. it seems ex roll works against him, but when i don't have meter then obviously that isn't an option. and it's both his jump in and cross over. they both appear to crush roll.

Yak

Noob
So they pretty much just nerfed him... fucking dumb, they don't even fix anything with him lol.
They took away like 3% damage on jax who already was top but gave him the command grab which will hit no matter what, buff the hell out of scorpion. but they nerf sub...
What a joke

boba_buster

Noob saibot
So they pretty much just nerfed him... fucking dumb, they don't even fix anything with him lol.
They took away like 3% damage on jax who already was top but gave him the command grab which will hit no matter what, buff the hell out of scorpion. but they nerf sub...
What a joke
What nerf? I think i missed something

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
The damage nerf to shatter combos is pretty justified, meterless 51% is goinng to cause commotion. It was a subtle hit, and doesn't fundamentally change the character, as in "if you're hitting shatter combos, 2 will (still) end the round. And nothing's for certain yet. NRS may still fix/ buff certain aspects of him.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
I noticed something while playing in training room, when sub zero wins round and does his clone pose, you can see on the screens in background that he completely disappears off the map then re-appears and walks slowly towards the clone to smash it.

Badass.