What's new

Guide - Sub-Zero SUB-ZERO COMBO THREAD (Patch 8/31)

ryublaze

Noob
Aren't those all already known?
the actual combos are, the point of the video is to show the whiffed slides for meter building

but red is trash anyways
yea its probably already known u can whiff slide to build meter in some combos i just haven't seen it posted anywhere on this forum. The first two combos and maybe the last one aren't really practical. i can't get them consistent but it's probably because i'm trash

Samsara

Resident Cynic
If anybody has further suggestion on how I can make edits to the OP, please let me know. If you've found higher/easier damage, list the inputs and I can get them into the OP. I'll do my best to adjust the format so it's a bit neater to look at.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I've got a few updated combos for GM and Unbreakable. Nothing special, just flexing my execution lately.

GM
- (Midscreen Swag Screen Push) NJP, 4 xx ex ice blast, whiff clone, run ji2, 123 xx slide - 24%
- (Corner/ Air freeze) NJP, 4, 1, 123 xx slide - 21%

UB
- (Midscreen) b12 xx aura, b12 xx ex frost bomb, run f42 xx ex ice blast, NJP, ji2, run b12 xx slide - 40%, 2 bars
- (Corner) b12 xx aura, b12 xx ex frost bomb, b2, 242, 123 xx slide - 42%, 1 bar

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I've got a few updated combos for GM and Unbreakable. Nothing special, just flexing my execution lately.

GM
- (Midscreen Swag Screen Push) NJP, 4 xx ex ice blast, whiff clone, run ji2, 123 xx slide - 24%
- (Corner/ Air freeze) NJP, 4, 1, 123 xx slide - 21%

UB
- (Midscreen) b12 xx aura, b12 xx ex frost bomb, run f42 xx ex ice blast, NJP, ji2, run b12 xx slide - 40%, 2 bars
- (Corner) b12 xx aura, b12 xx ex frost bomb, b2, 242, 123 xx slide - 42%, 1 bar
I think I have the Unbreakable 42% corner in the OP already, but the 40% 2 bar might honestly be worth a mention. I'll make some edits. Shame we have to spend two bars like that though. That entire variation just feels weird and conflicted.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
You can get 45% with 2 bars in the corner with Unbreakable:

With Aura up, B12 xx EX Frost Bomb, b2, b12 xx EX Ice Ball, NJP, JIK, B12 xx Slide

Does 44% if you didn't have Aura up and started all that with b12 xx Aura.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer

With Aura up, B12 xx EX Frost Bomb, b2, b12 xx EX Ice Ball, NJP, JIK, B12 xx Slide

Just real fast, your title, "Jacks online input delay," is gold.

Samsara

Resident Cynic

(aura active) B12xxEXDB1 B2 242 123xxBF4 [42%]

Considering we get this much damage for one bar off of the same starter, I wouldn't recommend you spend the extra bar for 45%.

Combos into aura yield similar damage:

B12xxAura B12xxEXDB1 B2 242 123xxBF4 also does 42%.

Without aura this combo does about 36/38%. I can't think of a more optimal path from the rest of his normals either, so typically the EXDB1 B2 242 path from most of his normals will get you the most damage in Unbreakable as far as corner conversion go.

This being said I'll file the non aura version into the universal section

B12 ex db2 f4 df2 jip2 24 bf4 1 123 bf4 I been messing with sub and I trying to understand these group of midscreens that are here is ex clone suppose to freeze at beginning and I switched stands can someone explain these I apologize I might of misread something

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
B12 ex db2 f4 df2 jip2 24 bf4 1 123 bf4 I been messing with sub and I trying to understand these group of midscreens that are here is ex clone suppose to freeze at beginning and I switched stands can someone explain these I apologize I might of misread something
So, what's happening here is b12 ex clone has enough advantage to allow SZ a run f4 xx ice ball, which is the only freeze in the combo. Jip2 is a cross over, making 24 xx slide (whiff) hit the opponent towards the ex clone. Opponent hits the clone which juggles slightly, and you can 123 xx slide to end.

So, what's happening here is b12 ex clone has enough advantage to allow SZ a run f4 xx ice ball, which is the only freeze in the combo. Jip2 is a cross over, making 24 xx slide (whiff) hit the opponent towards the ex clone. Opponent hits the clone which juggles slightly, and you can 123 xx
L slide to end.
Ahhh thank you so much really thank you

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
B2, RC F421+3DB2(ex), B12DF2(ex), F421+3DB2 is two bars 45-46% midscreen.
B2, run f42 1+3 ex crushing hammer, f42 1+3 xx hammer is already 43% for 1 bar. The extra 3% isn't worth the 2nd bar unless you're going for the kill, and even then the 2 bar combo listed isn't the most damaging option. Also, saving freeze for a standing +29 reset with jip, f12 at the end of combos is vital.

This character is too meter hungry to be inefficient. Only burn meter when the opponent can't break or you're at max.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Any1 got online beta bnb combos that will work on male and female?
I tried some of the female friendly combos and can't seem to land the endings with f12 in males

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Any1 got online beta bnb combos that will work on male and female?
I tried some of the female friendly combos and can't seem to land the endings with f12 in males
I heard the male corner BnB works on females as well now. It wasn't that way in my experience (b2, b2, d1, b12 xx clone didn't freeze).

Anyone have any tips for getting consistent height in Shatter Combos or for that matter hitting 'Consistently' after the Shatter?

I've been playing the game for just on 2 and a half months now where I'm mastering my fundamentals, have some good BNBs and I'm finally starting to use Shatter Combos only thing is I constantly drop them after the Shatter because they're too low, spacing, timing...still not sure. I've read most combo threads here and seen some good videos on youtube but my Shatters are still inconsistent. My B3,3 Ones still need more work I can get the 1,1, to hit every now and then but then it drops before I can do a Clone and my B1,2 after Shatter still doesn't hit. My B2 Ones seem to work better where the best I can do at the moment is a 43% Meterless Shatter - B2, 2,4, Shatter, F3,3 in practice and in games 'When' I get the height, spacing, timing I need consistently. Only thing is I still don't know how to control the height, spacing and timing properly. At least being able to get a F3,3 working 50% of the time is something but I now want to aim for expanding my Shatter Combos and getting a Clone in there with either a b1,2 Clone or 1,1, 1, Clone or whatever 'linker' works. I really want to get these consistent.

Appreciate any help.

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Anyone have any tips for getting consistent height in Shatter Combos or for that matter hitting 'Consistently' after the Shatter?

I've been playing the game for just on 2 and a half months now where I'm mastering my fundamentals, have some good BNBs and I'm finally starting to use Shatter Combos only thing is I constantly drop them after the Shatter because they're too low, spacing, timing...still not sure. I've read most combo threads here and seen some good videos on youtube but my Shatters are still inconsistent. My B3,3 Ones still need more work I can get the 1,1, to hit every now and then but then it drops before I can do a Clone and my B1,2 after Shatter still doesn't hit. My B2 Ones seem to work better where the best I can do at the moment is a 43% Meterless Shatter - B2, 2,4, Shatter, F3,3 in practice and in games 'When' I get the height, spacing, timing I need consistently. Only thing is I still don't know how to control the height, spacing and timing properly. At least being able to get a F3,3 working 50% of the time is something but I now want to aim for expanding my Shatter Combos and getting a Clone in there with either a b1,2 Clone or 1,1, 1, Clone or whatever 'linker' works. I really want to get these consistent.

Appreciate any help.
I'll be explaining steps in reference the combo/ link I find the most success with (b2, 24 xx shatter -OR- b33 xx shatter INTO 1, 11 xx clone...).

Hit training mode and find the closest distance at which clone won't freeze the opponent after being launched by b2. This is the minimum spacing you'll aim for every time.

Practice ending corner combos with f12, then immediately placing a clone at the spacing mentioned in the previous step. Taking a half step back and canceling the movement into clone works fine.

After shatter in either combo, as long as the first stand 1 hits, the combo will work. Keep in mind, it's a 7f jab that hits surprisingly low and recovers quickly. After that, there is minimal (if any) height or timing requirement using the 11 xx clone link. Keep practicing and you'll land these all the time.