What's new

Guide - Sub-Zero SUB-ZERO COMBO THREAD (Patch 8/31)

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I'm curious if people are landing b12 after a b2 in a combo consistently in open space. It's no problem off of a jump in punch but open space I can't land it and it's on the unbreakable combo section like as if it's a optimal/practical combo to go for. Specifically the b2 combo: b2,run,b12~exaura,123~slide
You just can't do it max range b2 , basically if you are far enough to make the b2 safe then your too far to connect b12

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
It's really the same stuff being that he can't double freeze in a combo. Like 123~exslide with aura up gives him 29% and b2 is my new fav.. Aura up He gets b2,run up, f42~exslide njp, ji2, run up,f42 slide for 33% and you don't have to worry about range with b2 because before the ex freeze would drop. The slide buff is mostly to help him deal with ranged characters in my opinion so far.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I beat you know who's d'whora with unbreakable the other day ... But he was really drunk so that probly had a lot to do with it lol

boba_buster

Noob saibot
ex parry ruins her corner pressure tho cuz he either gets frozen or he has to respect the parry and you can d3 or throw her, that's one thing GM doesn't have

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
Yeah the whole cancel into ex aura advantage into b2 or his anti fuzzy string 123 now both being able to launch is the biggest deal. Good use of aura and smart play with parry should help with dvorah.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
Nah man I think those combos shouldn't even be on there since they're inconsistent as hell. What's the point when you can f42 especially now with aura up you get a launch with f42. I have a question for you though, has anyone come up with combos to do aura later in the combo so aura is up longer when you finish the combo?

boba_buster

Noob saibot
To end the combo and still have aura on? I'm I practice mode with unbreakable now , you can reaura after the slide freeze , maybe their is a string with enough advantage on knock down to safely aura up after , what exactly do u mean?

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
I mean the current list of optimal metered combos for unbreakable leave him with 4 seconds with aura on and your back in neutral. It would be nice if we had the same damage potential and do the aura later so we could have say 6-7 seconds in the neutral with it to have more time to open them up with another slide launch

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Ok and I'm noticing there is a really big difference on gravity depending on if u hit them in the way up with njp or the way down , it's common knowledge but I think it really applies here cuz if you hit them on the way up its hard to connect the f42

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
Messing with other combos you sacrifice a little damage for opting for slide launch instead of using frost bomb but you get all the benefits of having aura up ready to go in the neutral. This combo ender should replace the old ones before slide launched with aura up imo. Or at least be added for additional options.