What's new

Guide - Sub-Zero SUB-ZERO COMBO THREAD (Patch 8/31)

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Never mind I just simplified the reaura combo a lot lol
Aura up
B2 run f42xxexslide - aura - b12xxiceburst 32%
No jumping bs to accidentally drop the combo

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
that's good shit too, I'm specifically looking for that aura to be up tho. Ice burst ender would make you lose it.

I guess the upside to not having aura up is you get the frame trap mix ups so that's still a good combo.

Last edited:

boba_buster

Noob saibot
that's good shit too, I'm specifically looking for that aura to be up tho. Ice burst ender would make you lose it.

I guess the upside to not having aura up is you get the frame trap mix ups so that's still a good combo.
Yea I realized that after I posted it , but then again there may be plenty of time to aura up before they can get up , jus need to lab it up against reptiles wake ups or something and see what the options are

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Corner punish combos. I've listed 3 combos with the prerequisites of close, mid and far. What these refer to is the distance a wake-up attack pushes SZ back after he's blocked it.

(Combo shown has since been replaced with "Far" option below.)

Far, Predator MB Scimitar Slam - b12 xx EX clone, run f42 xx shatter, 242, 123 xx slide - 48%, 1 bar

Mid, Kung Lao MB Vortex (non-tempest spin) - b12 xx EX clone, b2, 24 xx shatter, 123 xx slide - 49%, 1 bar

Close, Tanya MB Low Drill Kick - f4 xx EX clone, f42 xx shatter, 242, 123 xx slide - 47%?, 1 bar

There are very few characters who are not vulnerable to these punishes. The obvious limitation is that b12 xx EX clone is stance specific (note that f4 xx EX clone is not). And this isn't exactly going to motivate NRS to fix that bug either... The other limitation is SZ must end the combo without placing a clone. I recommend ending a combo with slide and placing an unsafe clone to bait an opponent into wake up armor the next time the situation arises. Only experienced players will notice this, so exploit your damage ender until they do.

Last edited:

ando1184

Noob
Has anyone found anything with unbreakable in the corner post aura, that does more than 42% for 1 bar?

I do: b2, b2, d1, b12 ex slide, dash under njp, j1, 123, slide

Edit: what's everyone doing if b12, 11, and b33's land as a starter in the corner?

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Hey everybody I'm back! I'm sorry if it was a dick move taking a hike like that but I got a little annoyed with the TYM drama back in March. Let me know if anything needs to be salvaged.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Last night I was labbing on Unbreakable about the B2> B2> 242> 123> EX slide> NJP> FJP> B12> slide. This combo was introduced by @Jeffrey Wolf and it's the hardest combo ever as a Sub Zero main.

I added as a starter this combo FJ2> B2> B2, and ended them with:

1) NJP> FJP> B12> slide.
2) NJP> FJP> F33.
3) NJP> 123> slide.

Those above combos stack 43% damage.

The 242 and 123 have the hardest link after the double B2. I also have uploaded this video for other combos including various moves.

I'll upload the new video regarding the 3 hardest combos. This will let you understand why.

ando1184

Noob
Last night I was labbing on Unbreakable about the B2> B2> 242> 123> EX slide> NJP> FJP> B12> slide. This combo was introduced by @Jeffrey Wolf and it's the hardest combo ever as a Sub Zero main.

1) NJP> FJP> B12> slide.
2) NJP> FJP> F33.
3) NJP> 123> slide.

The 242 and 123 have the hardest link after the double B2. I also have uploaded this video for other combos including various moves.

I'll upload the new video regarding the 3 hardest combos. This will let you understand why.
Given the difficulty of those combos, why wouldn't you just do the standard b2, b2, d1, b12, ex slide, NJP, ji1, 123 slide? It does 42% and easy to execute

Tanno

Given the difficulty of those combos, why wouldn't you just do the standard b2, b2, d1, b12, ex slide, NJP, ji1, 123 slide? It does 42% and easy to execute
Sure. Will try this out once i return from a reggae party.

I like to experiment on those chars giving the highest damage, while minimizing the usage of the bars. ;)

Tanno

@Zerodegreez,

Thank you for your good words. the trick to make this combo doable is to watch the opponent. When he starts to fall (you'll notice that from his head going down first), this will be your time to do the 242, and the the 123, as shown in the video. It's very hard, because it needs to be in the early frame than usually in the 1st video.

Good luck with this. Indeed the F33 is a nice knock down, but you'll want to do the F12 or the 112 as the enders to give more time to prepare yourself for the next attack or defence.

;)

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Nice stuff, @Tanno. Thx for the shout out and cool to see those other enders.

@Zerodegreez, good luck with it. He's definitely fun and his damage is solid, as long as you get used to the cancels and know how close you are to the corner, so you can maximize double B2s or 242s.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox

1) NJP> FJP> B12> slide.
2) NJP> FJP> F33.
3) NJP> 123> slide.

Try this in the corner and compare damage to the 242, 242 variant.

JIP, B12xxAura, 242, B2, D1, B12xxEX Slide, NJP, JI2, F12.

Tanno

Tested it and will show you in the next video. If you add the FJP before the double B2, it gives 43%. The FJP added 1% to this combo you suggested.

Try this in the corner and compare damage to the 242, 242 variant.

JIP, B12xxAura, 242, B2, D1, B12xxEX Slide, NJP, JI2, F12.
Tested it and gives 38%. The hard part was the B2> D1> B12> EX slide. It was a bit tad different than I got used with the following combination due of Grandmaster:

Ice Klone> FJP> B12> Frost Bomb> D1> D1> B12> Ice Klone> NJP> FJP> F12.

I'll upload those combos and show them to all of you. ;)

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Tested it and gives 38%. The hard part was the B2> D1> B12> EX slide. It was a bit tad different than I got used with the following combination due of Grandmaster:

Ice Klone> FJP> B12> Frost Bomb> D1> D1> B12> Ice Klone> NJP> FJP> F12.

I'll upload those combos and show them to all of you. ;)
Sad, I was hoping the B2 would do more and scale less with fewer hits.

Grandmaster is my main but I was just trying to help Unbreakable a bit. I know many of those shatter combos, they're sadly very old.

Tanno

Sad, I was hoping the B2 would do more and scale less with fewer hits.

Grandmaster is my main but I was just trying to help Unbreakable a bit. I know many of those shatter combos, they're sadly very old.
GMSZ is, also, my main. I main GMSZ and Alien Tarkatan, and now I'm in the middle of learning Raiden Thunder God.

BTW, as GM his strongest combo is the 55%. I happened to find it by myself. Here's the combo.

Ice Klone> FJP> B12> Frost Bomb> D1> D1> B12> Ice Klone (if not whiffed, which I HATE the most)> FJP> X-RAY.

Cryomancer's X-Ray ender gives 49%. Here's the combo.

FJP> B2> D1> F42T (T = THROW)> X-RAY.

Unbreakable's X-Ray ender gives 41%. Here's the combo.

FJP> B12> Ice Aura> B12> Iceball> FJP> B12> X-RAY.

The above combos do say that the Unbreakable variation is the worst of all.

Jeffrey Wolf

Well, those are just X-Ray combos, which are fairly rare. Unbreakable is the middle ground of damage between the two: GM gets the most in the corner, Cryo gets the most mid screen, while Unbreakable gets more than GM mid screen. The reason to play Unbreakable, besides apparently being a low tier hero, is for the no chip damage (which can be huge), frame traps, combos that feel good to hit because they're hard, long range combo punishes, and a subverted footsie/wake up game because of parry, the last of which helps offset Subs less than thrilling footsie abilities. Also, in certain A2A situations where getting run into combo is tough or impossible, Unbreakable gets the most damage because of the new EN Slide with Aura on.

Jeffrey Wolf

Honestly, I'd say one of the hardest things about playing Unbreakable is that it's tough to get MU experience online, as people see Unbreakable, pick their own favorite low tier or GM (which, after enough of these I think Unbreakable actually wins), and then lose...

Tanno

True, @Jeffrey Wolf .

I, also, have noticed such things. Being an Unbreakable is a gamble for your own life, because If you want someone to attack you, you would poke him, and then instantly do the Frost Barrier. Being with the Ice Aura doesn't help much, except of some good combos there.

Unbreakable's philosophy is very much of the defense. GM is the balanced one, while Cryo is the most offensive.

Cryo is the most offensive due of the (Air) ice hammer and the Absolute Freeze (F42T).

If I would do Kendo (I'm 2nd Dan) again, I would think that Unbreakable is like Gedan no kamae (Low stance = Defensive), Cryo is like Jodan no kamae (High stance = Offensive), and GM is like chuudan no kamae (Balanced with the shinai (bamboo sword) pointing on the opponent's neck).

However, I'd love to try something with what Tom Brady found with the anti-EX wake up attacks.