What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

vicious1024

Does it matter?
I've started playing again because i love this version of Guile but i still keep losing to players above my rank (super bronze). Its feels like i will never reach higher than this. I would play you guys but i'd be free as hell and it wouldn't be worth your time.

I'm surprised i haven't got any hate mail. I play Guile super lame :)

I....I play using the analong stick. Is that why i suck? lol
Not sure about his Laura, but Wolfkrone used an analog stick to player Viper throughout SFIV.

Also, have you tried switching between an offensive and defensive playstyle with Guile?

I play Guile a little, and I found that it's better to try to ocasionally go on the offensive.

The recovery on Guile's Sonic Boom is worse in this game, so consistently AA'ing after someone jumps over one is way more difficult. Switchting between offense and defense makes it more difficult I your opppnent to read when to jump.

A good tactic to check if players are reacting to Sonic Boom, is to V-Skill while charging down-back. If they jump, you'll have the charge for Flash Kick.

Really? I feel like they're both on the same level of trash. Alex just slightly better, but still very bad compared to the rest of the cast.
Longer pokes (c.MP in the corner is stupid especially with Vtrigger confirms), more confirms, better corner carry. He just suffers from the negatives that every grappler suffers from.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Play my birdie
No one play bdizzle as long as he still plays birdie.

Who would you recommend I pickup first as a Lex/Kano main?
It's very hard to say because the two games are sp different. Most I can do is pick little possible similarities.

Lex: Birdie is the slow not grappler character. I don't think he has setups but he has tools for everything imo. Laura has setups, reset offense with short projectile and acommand grab. Idk much else about Lex but maybe Bison? If you don't mind charge moves (hold back or down, then push forward or up).

Which kano? Cyber: Ryu. Basic character, that plays using the basics of the game.

Commando: Laura, Mika (struggles to get in but then loops command grab mixups), Necalli (rushdown character with a variety of tools and great buttons) are the quick characters with grabs.
Maybe go big and go with alex (V-trigger is a parry) or Zangief.
Cutthroat:
maybe Ken? Offensive style ryu.
And as much as it pains me to suggest it, Nash. He's being played with a slippery defense makes a good offense style. Since he's guile with mixups (why? Idk)
Maybe even Karin. Good buttons, leads to good damage.

The vast majority of people are not happy with SFV. In this same TYM thread I've read about anti-airs being easy, 8f of lag not making a difference and Ken being mid-tier so... yeah
Vast majority of people wanting arcade mode don't like SFV. As for the high level guys, they always have mixed opinions on the next SF. People disliked 4, 3, Alpha.

Don't try to use your poor skills for anti airs as a statement. If you want you can play me and see if I hit you out of the air with F.A.N.G, Mika, Ken, Necalli, whoever. This is probably the third time I've invited you to play me. Doubt I'll get a response on this one too.

Unless you were some just frame reaction monster, 2 point something more frames won't change how you good you are.

And there was a ton of people not just TYM saying ken outright sucked. I wasn't one of the people though. I think I'm getting good at this FG tier thing.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Vast majority of people wanting arcade mode don't like SFV. As for the high level guys, they always have mixed opinions on the next SF. People disliked 4, 3, Alpha.

Don't try to use your poor skills for anti airs as a statement. If you want you can play me and see if I hit you out of the air with F.A.N.G, Mika, Ken, Necalli, whoever. This is probably the third time I've invited you to play me. Doubt I'll get a response on this one too.

No one play bdizzle as long as he still plays birdie.
LOL all Birdies must die.

Unless you were some just frame reaction monster, 2 point something more frames won't change how you good you are.

And there was a ton of people not just TYM saying ken outright sucked. I wasn't one of the people though. I think I'm getting good at this FG tier thing.
Both of you are decent F.A.N.G players so just get a room or something.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Oh someone following the meme and complain culture that's prevalent in the FGC. Do you even know of any of his accomplishments?

Try using your own brain please. If I want to talk to Shady K I'll talk to him directly.
Damn, thanks dude. I'll have to reread this when/if I buy it. I probably will.

The main reason I like lex are the traps. Are there any traps etup characters in SFV? For Kano I play cyber, i like characters with strong zoning/spacing abilities.
Closest we got to constant setups is Laura. She is very offense based. Currently mid tier. F.A.N.G has move you place right in front of you but it runs out. He is defensive and more neutral based. Currently low tier. And he is a charge character. But I figured he doesn't hace the lex feel but try him ouy too. Sf is such a different game, you're probably better off trying everyone.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Oh someone following the meme and complain culture that's prevalent in the FGC. Do you even know of any of his accomplishments?

Try using your own brain please. If I want to talk to Shady K I'll talk to him directly.
The meme is reflective of what SFV is at the moment, a joke. Your saying you can anti-air yet we see Tokido and multiple other high level professional japanese players not anti-air when they have dps at their disposal. Everyone that plays this game is getting blown up by the same stuff because you can't see anything and your guessing all the time even when it comes to whiff punishing

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
The meme is reflective of what SFV is at the moment, a joke. Your saying you can anti-air yet we see Tokido and multiple other high level professional japanese players not anti-air when they have dps at their disposal. Everyone that plays this game is getting blown up by the same stuff because you can't see anything and your guessing all the time even when it comes to whiff punishing
What is a fighting game that you like? Like tell me a fighting game you think is good and well designed, just so I can get an idea of your perspective

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yeah and Fchamp, Art, Infilitration, knuckle du, several nacalli players, even sonicfox anti air consistently. Not to mention my own opponents, some from this very thread. So please stop dick riding pro players as if they're are more than human and some equivalent measurement of the game. Especially when it's only been a couple months. Stop running to other people's tweets and what happened in a match that one time.

Actually what fighting games do you even play? Was mkx your first one?

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Yeah and Fchamp, Art, Infilitration, knuckle du, several nacalli players, even sonicfox anti air consistently. Not to mention my own opponents, some from this very thread. So please stop dick riding pro players as if they're are more than human and some equivalent measurement of the game. Especially when it's only been a couple months. Stop running to other people's tweets and what happened in a match that one time.

Actually what fighting games do you even play? Was mkx your first one?
do you not remember his killer frost?

Aramonde

Noob
Not sure about his Laura, but Wolfkrone used an analog stick to player Viper throughout SFIV.

Also, have you tried switching between an offensive and defensive playstyle with Guile?

I play Guile a little, and I found that it's better to try to ocasionally go on the offensive.

The recovery on Guile's Sonic Boom is worse in this game, so consistently AA'ing after someone jumps over one is way more difficult. Switchting between offense and defense makes it more difficult I your opppnent to read when to jump.

A good tactic to check if players are reacting to Sonic Boom, is to V-Skill while charging down-back. If they jump, you'll have the charge for Flash Kick.
No i usually play lame. Its really hard to open people up with Guile. I'll try that V-Trig trick though. I do bait out jumps with raw V-Skill then when they jump i flash kick em. Thanks to @LiangHuBBB :)

I don't understand how people can say anti airing is not used currently in SF V. Momochi won combo breaker AA'ing with Ken in every match. Tokido,Daigo, AA'd so much you'd think that's all they knew how to do. Infiltration used I think c.fierce? c.strong? to AA and win NorCal regionals and final round. Xian got 5th place (yes,with FANG) and have you seen his AA? Crouching fierce beats out almost anything and it's really fast. I understand that the popular 8 frames of lag might hinder the game to some but just imagine if/when Capcom fixes it?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Is a meaty normal on knockdown that's plus on block, converts to a full combo and could have been a grab not essentially a plus on block 50/50 option? SFV might be worse than MKX when it comes to this stuff
Do you know how to tech? Is your problem with this game that you can get hit? You're trolling is really feeling weak lately.

hey, so i need some help getting started with cammy, what are some basic combo's, im having trouble linking stuff with her.
Don't really play Cammy but what I know connects is standing strong, crouching strong,crouching forward, all connect into spiral arrow and cannon spike I believe. So say you do crouching forward>spiral arrow>super etc. there's tons man and she's fun to play with.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Don't really play Cammy but what I know connects is standing strong, crouching strong,crouching forward, all connect into spiral arrow and cannon spike I believe. So say you do crouching forward>spiral arrow>super etc. there's tons man and she's fun to play with.
i don't understand your terminology, whats crouching forward?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I don't understand how people can say anti airing is not used currently in SF V. Momochi won combo breaker AA'ing with Ken in every match. Tokido,Daigo, AA'd so much you'd think that's all they knew how to do. Infiltration used I think c.fierce? c.strong? to AA and win NorCal regionals and final round. Xian got 5th place (yes,with FANG) and have you seen his AA? Crouching fierce beats out almost anything and it's really fast. I understand that the popular 8 frames of lag might hinder the game to some but just imagine if/when Capcom fixes it?
That's what I'm talking about. The hivemind and quick to complain FGC is always around. Does 8f of input lag suck? Yeah. Is it the sole thing stopping you from winning? Hell no. And that's to ANY PLAYER.

hey, so i need some help getting started with cammy, what are some basic combo's, im having trouble linking stuff with her.
Are you a beginner in the world of SF?
@Scott The Scot

Also pretty sure he played cammy so he can probably point you in the right direction. You can look up kbrad (played her since 4AE). Idk anyone else off top.

Sorry, I'm old school in SF , crouching forward means crouching medium kick.
That's what I'm talking about. The hivemind and quick to complain FGC is always around. Does 8f of input lag suck? Yeah. Is it the sole thing stopping you from winning? Hell no. And that's to ANY PLAYER.

Are you a beginner in the world of SF?
@Scott The Scot

Also pretty sure he played cammy so he can probably point you in the right direction. You can look up kbrad (played her since 4AE). Idk anyone else off top.
Kazunoko is another top cammy player.