What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

You can do the same with Ryu and LP fireball and DP.
I don't have the same problem with Ryu, reason being that fireball can be absorbed standing with relative ease, but banana has to be moving v skilled, which results in an automatic punch that can be whiff punished. You can neutral jump a fireball too, whereas you can't with the banana for obvious reasons. As for the DP, it has really narrow hozontal range and can be baited, where as chain is all horizontal range.

I'm not dismissing your point, a good Ryu can space fireballs, pokes and anti airs in such a way that closing the gap becomes infuriating, but with Birdie you need about five minutes of match up experience to achieve the same. It's like the Ryu match up on crank.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'll take playable story-mode Juri but I won't smile about it because I'm still not happy with Capcom

Sitting there and waiting because your opponent 'might' jump so that you can actually anti-air sounds perfectly fine? Premptive anti-airing... really?

Your saying one thing yet footage of professional tournament players is saying another. I'm not even 20 seconds into this video and Xian has blocked a jump-in one of the players mentioned as being amazing at anti-airs.. is it possible for me to watch the first minute of a fight and not see someone get a jump-in when it's so 'easy' to anti-air

First, why you only quote part of my response? Is english a second language? Trying to figure out why you have such a hard time following a conversation.

I never said stand around and do nothing. The fact that's where your mind went and asking about pre-emptive anti airs, shows you don't understand how good players get people to jump in the first place.

First match of that video I counted 5 jump ins. First 2 blocked standing. 3rd Xian got hit with a tatsu but he wasn't ready. 4th xian used cr.HP to anti air. 5th Xian did the poison ball which hit Daigo out of the air. 2/5 anti air. 1/5 actually hit him and it was a jump tastu. So I don't really see what you're getting at here.

Sill waiting on a response to anything else I wrote too.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
If the game is still ass by the time Ibuki drops I'm just straight up deleting it off my console.
Idk what you mean exactly but the game isn't changing in a big way any time soon. Unless you were of the people who somehow had no clue there was barely any singleplayer stuff (imo survival pretty much covered it). Have you tried every character? Sounds like a character crisis.

Idk what you mean exactly but the game isn't changing in a big way any time soon. Unless you were of the people who somehow had no clue there was barely any singleplayer stuff (imo survival pretty much covered it). Have you tried every character? Sounds like a character crisis.
No, I mean punishing people with atrocious connections, and dumb af characters such as Ryu and Ken existing. Ranked mode drained the fun out the game when you fight a maniac shoto player, or when you're winning against a Bison then he starts lagging and roll back starts when you start your offense then you lose.

No character crisis either, no one is anywhere close to being fun like my main and I don't mind deleting the game after hitting 6500 LP.

No, I mean punishing people with atrocious connections, and dumb af characters such as Ryu and Ken existing. Ranked mode drained the fun out the game when you fight a maniac shoto player, or when you're winning against a Bison then he starts lagging and roll back starts when you start your offense then you lose.

No character crisis either, no one is anywhere close to being fun like my main and I don't mind deleting the game after hitting 6500 LP.
Most would say Nash and mika (as in I got mika'd) to be the issue. Guess there's plenty of viable characters.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Capcom's racist ass still illustrating black characters with huge floppy lips. Some things never change.
I think that's just balrog. And he was made in game full of culture, racial, country, and whatever sterotypes. And

I'm ready to get bodied again tonight guys. Who wants to play?
I'm down

Yeah that just seems like modern day gaming problems. Capcom can't fix connections or what anyone does with a character. Sucks you ain't had fun though.

Ryu's absurd amount of tools available paired with the crazy raw damage he does is pretty broken for this game imo. He's top 1 free.
If he was broken then guys like Daigo, tokido, etc. would have won every tournament to date, since they're skill level coupled with a "broken" character would no doubt prove too strong. Ryu hasn't won anything till date, Nash, Mika, Ken and Karin have.

d3v

SRK
If he was broken then guys like Daigo, tokido, etc. would have won every tournament to date, since they're skill level coupled with a "broken" character would no doubt prove too strong. Ryu hasn't won anything till date, Nash, Mika, Ken and Karin have.
You can't call tiers/balance off a few months of play. Many say Ryu is good due to a combination of factors that should theoretically move him up (high damage, invul DP, parry) and the fact that, on paper, he doesn't really have bad match ups. The thing is (and NRS players might be shocked by this), is that it sometimes takes time for people to figure out how to properly use someone and bring out their theoretical potential. Look at Zero in UMvC3 who's arguably top 1 or 2 in that game, yet people only started consistently winning with Zero teams about 2 years into the game's life (and that's with no patches).

You can't call tiers/balance off a few months of play. Many say Ryu is good due to a combination of factors that should theoretically move him up (high damage, invul DP, parry) and the fact that, on paper, he doesn't really have bad match ups. The thing is (and NRS players might be shocked by this), is that it sometimes takes time for people to figure out how to properly use someone and bring out their theoretical potential. Look at Zero in UMvC3 who's arguably top 1 or 2 in that game, yet people only started consistently winning with Zero teams about 2 years into the game's life (and that's with no patches).
i personally think Ryu has a bad matchup vs Nash. Nothing terrible but I think Nash forces Ryu to play the kinda game Nash wants to play. I also kinda like Karin vs Ryu but that might still be 5-5.

d3v

SRK
i personally think Ryu has a bad matchup vs Nash. Nothing terrible but I think Nash forces Ryu to play the kinda game Nash wants to play. I also kinda like Karin vs Ryu but that might still be 5-5.
I'd say that it's mostly around 6:4 in Nash favor, which isn't that bad in Street Fighter terms. Even then, he has a tool (parry) which has been historically proven (3rd Strike) to alleviate bad match ups.

I'd say that it's mostly around 6:4 in Nash favor, which isn't that bad in Street Fighter terms. Even then, he has a tool (parry) which has been historically proven (3rd Strike) to alleviate bad match ups.
Many talk about ryu's parry but honestly I've seen people use that like once in any tournament. The general idea is if you can parry might as well DP. I mean yea theoretically it sounds good but as far as people and top players using it then it has to be the less used move of all time.

Guys, serious question, in the last couple of months all I've been wanting to play is MK and SF, learn more characters etc. and I don't even play like cod or other type of games, is this normal?