What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

All you need is LP+LK. You can tech throws while holding back or down back too.
Oh ok so to tech a throw you can just press lp+lk, or back or down back+lp+lk right? I'm wondering if it works also by pressing forward+lp+lk? If it doesn't then that's the reason I can never tech a throw, im doing it wrong then.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Oh ok so to tech a throw you can just press lp+lk, or back or down back+lp+lk right? I'm wondering if it works also by pressing forward+lp+lk? If it doesn't then that's the reason I can never tech a throw, im doing it wrong then.
As long as LP+LK are the only attacks pressed you'll get a throw. I was just saying you could hold back and do it so you don't give up blocking to try and tech also. You can kind of play with the timing so you still block some meaties/frame traps.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
WHATS THAT?
Starting with ST, Capcom added in the ability to 'soften' a throw by pressing a direction and a button used to throw (mediums and heavies). What it did was reduce the damage in half and you recovered similarly to an air reset. This remained until SF3, where they brought in the more modern throw breaking system.

It's honestly a really good system that would work with how weak throws honestly are right now.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
It also helps to play a lot, as the more you play, the more throw setups you'll see and the more you'll know when they're coming. Understanding frame data helps too.

I'm on if anyone wants to run a set or invite me to a lobby. PSN and CFN are NINfan101
Ill be on in a couple hours if you wanna play.
Psn- bdizzle2700
Cfn- bdizzlez

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Starting with ST, Capcom added in the ability to 'soften' a throw by pressing a direction and a button used to throw (mediums and heavies). What it did was reduce the damage in half and you recovered similarly to an air reset. This remained until SF3, where they brought in the more modern throw breaking system.

It's honestly a really good system that would work with how weak throws honestly are right now.
Doesn't that only work because ST was much simpler and grabs did a ton of damage? I feel you'd have to at east start with making grabs do more damage and giving more advantage. Right now I don't see why you'd go for a reduced damage throw to get a possible air reset. I like they idea of the reset potential but don't think it fits in SFV.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
... I actually like throws as they are in this game?

And yeah I dig these cat ear headphones.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Really don't know how useful this can b yet but after a counter sweep st.mp into heavy whirlwind will catch every recovery option (tested on wakeup jab and ex scissor)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
3/4F normals > Throw unless done during a move that has plus frames. Throws are 5 frames in this game as I recall.
Well I used Nash's Cr.LP and it got beat out by Karin's throw in a neutral situation, don't remember the startup on it though

Still doesn't make the priority any less annoying though